Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I spotted a tiny but significant error in a doc a new colleague created, I don't like to point ppls errors out to them as it can feel mean.
    There is a high chance that this doc would go in an international doc/to the bossbossbossx10, so I sent off a casual email asking for clarification on what was said.

Yes was her first day back and within an hour she sent me back a message thanking me for drawing her attention.

Phew so th that she wasn't stroppy about it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Roses still flowering and bees buzzing around the heather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I bought my missus a Harry Potter Lego castle for her birthday, which isn't until December. I know she's going to be crazy happy about it though and I'm all excited to put it together with her. It cost a fortune so I'm hoping she won't look it up because she'll murder me :o

This it?
    https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Hogwarts-Castle-71043

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maybe :o

What a great wife you are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Maybe :o

Holy Carp! That's class!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Roses still flowering and bees buzzing around the heater.
    I know you meant heather, but I got a mental picture of bees rubbing their "hands" and wearing a scarf, trying to warm up near an electric heater. :o

New Home wrote: »
    I know you meant heather, but I got a mental picture of bees rubbing their "hands" and wearing a scarf, trying to warm up near an electric heater. :o

My mind's not in the game at all. I read it and just assumed it was heater.

Need about a month off to sort my head out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Decided to treat myself and get a new phone. Samsung S9+ on its way to me.
    I got my first ever smartphone 2 months ago. Not being into phones in general, other people seemed to be more excited that I had gone to 'the dark side'.

Last Friday, my phone stopped working properly (trying to reboot but stuck in some sort of service mode). I tried to fix in myself but had no luck.

But I'm happy. I've an excuse for not being very contactable. 'Tis bliss! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

northgirl wrote: »
    My mind's not in the game at all. I read it and just assumed it was heater.

Need about a month off to sort my head out. :o

Now, he could have meant "heat" as well, but the weather doesn't strike me as having been particularly warm. :p
    I got my first ever smartphone 2 months ago. Not being into phones in general, other people seemed to be more excited that I had gone to 'the dark side'.

Last Friday, my phone stopped working properly (trying to reboot but stuck in some sort of service mode). I tried to fix in myself but had no luck.

But I'm happy. I've an excuse for not being very contactable. 'Tis bliss! :D

That happened to me with a smartphone I got with vodafone cherry points (when they were still a thing). It lasted about two months, then went on a boot loop. I don't want to do a factory reset because that would wipe everything I have in there, and there are some photos I need to keep (a major, major TA!). So instead I was given a second hand smartphone by a friend of mine who was upgrading his. I've had it for the past four or five years, and it's still working fine (touch wood!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Getting a cancellation appointment for the beauty salon (believe me, it was needed!)

Now, he could have meant "heat" as well, but the weather doesn't strike me as having been particularly warm. :p

Tbf there's no excuse for me at all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Holy Carp!

Water_Wolf_underwater_camera_carp_fishing_kit_in_cooperation_with_Prologic.gif

:pac:

Yes, damned autocorrect. Of course it's Heather (It tried it again there, the cheeky blighter).

Water_Wolf_underwater_camera_carp_fishing_kit_in_cooperation_with_Prologic.gif

:pac:

Brilliant! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

honeybear wrote: »
    Getting a cancellation appointment for the beauty salon (believe me, it was needed!)

Even better...delicious coffee before AND after pampering😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When karma kicks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

19.75km walked today! :)

Try_harder wrote: »
    19.75km walked today! :)

All in one session?

Revelling in good company down at the local, when gentleman next to you confesses this is therapeutic and better than a men's shed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

All in one session?

About 12km in one session

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Telling my mam about the shifts I can apply to do and how I'm thinking of doing one at Elland Road on Saturday, but that I'm scared. She replied back saying I'm well able and that no one could be worse than my first boss. She's right and it made me feel better

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Free donuts.

Having read another thread here: That I don't need to know the price of a carton of milk.

https://youtu.be/SJWytgxi32Q

I can't post the video properly.. :(

Just post the SJWytgxi32Q part of the link between the youtube tags, like so. :)

Just post the SJWytgxi32Q part of the link between the youtube tags, like so.

Cheers! I was including the youtube portion also..

If you do, you have to add the full link, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWytgxi32Q, it won't work with the "shortcuts" like youtu.be. :)

My mam brought me chip from McDonalds :o TH *smiles*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My mam brought me chip from McDonalds TH *smiles*

I guess you could say you're a chip off the old block then Seph!

* gets coat and runs away * :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement