Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Hunter Killer at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This is a trivially happy observation but mostly a question for the cat enthusiasts.

I stepped outside my front door this morning bleary eyed but with a fabulous complexion against the cool morning rays. Anyways, standing in a small grassy area were two crows pecking at the wet grass.

Sitting in between them no more than two feet away were two cats, literally just staring at the crows and what they were pecking at with a posture and body language that could only be described as ‘cordial’. Everyone seemed relaxed and open to whatever the day would bring.

Then the two cats looked at me nonchalantly, so I tipped my hat and went about my business.

I went from preparing to dramatically narrate the wild and vicious hunt between an apex predator and prey to being perplexed as to why I have suddenly found myself in Narnia. People had left their bins outside for collection, so it definitely wasn’t Narnia.

Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pac1Man wrote: »
    This is a trivially happy observation but mostly a question for the cat enthusiasts.

I stepped outside my front door this morning bleary eyed but with a fabulous complexion against the cool morning rays. Anyways, standing in a small grassy area were two crows pecking at the wet grass.

Sitting in between them no more than two feet away were two cats, literally just staring at the crows and what they were pecking at with a posture and body language that could only be described as ‘cordial’. Everyone seemed relaxed and open to whatever the day would bring.

Then the two cats looked at me nonchalantly, so I tipped my hat and went about my business.

I went from preparing to dramatically narrate the wild and vicious hunt between an apex predator and prey to being perplexed as to why I have suddenly found myself in Narnia. People had left their bins outside for collection, so it definitely wasn’t Narnia.

Any thoughts?

Slow blink the next time you see them, You'll have friends for life :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finding €20 in the pocket of a jacket I haven't worn in 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

They were my jeans, was wondering where I left them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sorting through some clothes I haven't worn in years, so far all but the ones that were tight then fit now.
    Yes I wore a pair of jeans from that period of my life and they fitted well, so I have high hopes for the rest of them fitting as well.

TL: DR, despite taking far less exercise and more chocolate, I must still be close to the same size as I was 8 years ago and when I lost 6kg cause of housemates drug use.

* Just got my half yearly bloods back, my cholesterol is 3 and I have no sugar issues or BP issues. A th in itself, even more so as Im surrounded by ppl who automatically assume the opposite.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They were my jeans, was wondering where I left them.

Rookie mistake, not reading carefully, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I would have got away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky Newie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted, I bet it was the Tooth Fairy that left them there. You can't mess with powers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Really appreciating any time I have at the moment with baby Fart and Daddy Fart. Everything just feels cuddley and right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Finally found the WiFi of my 1.6 Atom processor netbook. It was somewhere hidden under "adaptors" in the software. ;)

Now the tethering between my old tablet with phone function, the WiFi only iPad and the netbook is working.

Jayyy, an alternative way into the www...    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Had a lie in for the first time in months. Lying in bed just chilling and listening to music, not having to worry about work or people or anything. How wonderful it was to not have to get up until 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Uplifting trance music.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I would have got away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky Newie.

Classic tedo and his plans always getting foiled by homeo :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Getting P!nk tix. Getting Munster tix for next two home matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Bredabe wrote: »
    ..... Just got my half yearly bloods back, my cholesterol is 3 and I have no sugar issues or BP issues. A th in itself, even more so as Im surrounded by ppl who automatically assume the opposite.

Must be a very good reason to continue your regime of less exercise and more chocolate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Received an unexpected message from an old friend - who I used to be close to but hadn't spoke to in ages - that really brightened my evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Really appreciating any time I have at the moment with baby Fart and Daddy Fart. Everything just feels cuddley and right.

Seeing this post. :) xx

What's that got to do with you, anyway?

;):pac:;):pac:;):pac:

I know right? daddy fart sounds like a lovely lad doesn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I know right? daddy fart sounds like a lovely lad doesn't he?

He sounds.... musky.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Simon Zebo and the reaction he gets...those lemons are very bitter :)

Seeing a great friend for the first time in a few months, really missed her even though we're always on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Sitting here after a sleep in, dipping chocolate digestives into my tea with the kitty cat on my lap all warm and cuddley

Home alone. Bliss. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Soaked, cold and starving, but on the couch watching paw patrol with my niece after spending all morning at a horse show with her, her mam and her dad. Such a nice way to pass a Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Big Sunday fry up. The works. Rashers, puddin, sausages, eggs, beans, mushrooms, hash browns, toast, brown bread, orange juice, tea.
    Movie for the afternoon. Takeaway later. Bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Clear blue skies and walking through the piles of leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The OH booked his flights and is coming to see me in November :D (granted it cost me €103 to see him for a day and a half basically, but I don't care :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Listening to the ocean, chatting with friends :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement