Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ascot Champions Day 20th October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Trying to understand why Arcturus is not fav in next at Leopardstown, ran behind some decent horses on debut, probably not beat much last time but did it well enough and mark of 78 looks very lenient, most scope for improvement in the field and not convinced he needs to improve much anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Don't ask me Why... But I've backed Hydrangea here to run into a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Backed God Given but can see Hydrangea doing best of AOB contingent. Money for fav but not for me anyway.

Good ride by Moore there, the best in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Lion Roars again. Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Thought Sheik Fahad was going to high five the Queen there

Really growing to Oisin Murphy that was timed again perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

gazza1 wrote: »
    Century Dream 3.15 might have a bit to find with some but I can't see him being too far away today now that there's a bit of juice in the ground. Is a C&D winner on soft and 28/1 5 places sky looks very generous
    GL

3rd. Ran a cracker

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Different class on that ground

• Advertisement

Going with South Seas in the lucky last.

BumperD wrote: »
    Going with South Seas in the lucky last.

I did too.

If I'd have seen post earlier I'd eaten my tenner instead 😊

Slattsy wrote: »
    I did too.

If I'd have seen post earlier I'd eaten my tenner instead 😊

You hex’d it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Mixed day or 2 and the pockets are a bit lighter.

This next race the 7.15 @ Wolves. I was talking to a 'trainee' bookie friend of mine and he told me the second fav aweedream, was negative all day but really good support for Global dream. I wasn't going to have a bet today apart from the ante post stuff but I reckon this is a 2 horse race so currently backing global dream @ 1.8'ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Spent the last hour or so trying to decipher the last 2 races @ wolves, the 8.45 Texas Radio, I really like this horse, currently around 4.4'ish, I have a few bob win on it. In the same race, Edge, I'm not liking it at all, I decided I'll lay for a place @ 2.14/2.12

In the 9.15 I really like Safrani, currently around 2.9'ish

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Question to punters ?? how in the name of God was Lah Ti Dar 1/1 fav.Can some genius please explain this to me.It could not win based on form against the real form.IMO this was the lay of the year based on form that everyone can evaluate prior to the race If understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

antietam wrote:
    Question to punters ?? how in the name of God was Lah Ti Dar 1/1 fav.Can some genius please explain this to me.It could not win based on form against the real form.IMO this was the lay of the year based on form that everyone can evaluate prior to the race If understanding.

You should ask After time Ansell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

antietam wrote: »

Flat out on the gargle in southern France sting enjoy the profit

famagusta wrote: »
    You should ask After time Ansell?!
    This is the response of an IDIOT,please read the post[THE ****ing evidence was there in front of anyone that understands racing].These are the uneducated that bring this site down.OMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

You seriously couldnt make this sh*it up,its absolute class!

• Advertisement

Francie Barrett is the most intelligent man ever to post on this site,this is my opinion after 50 years of racing this man is even better than the missus.

You seriously couldnt make this sh*it up,its absolute class!
    Explain, but be very careful with your facts,as I WILL TEAR YOU TO SHREDS

Francie Barrett is the most intelligent man ever to post on this site,this is my opinion after 50 years of racing this man is even better than the missus.

Oh the two of you get a room

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Glug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

Ok heres a fact,you aftertimed that lar di dah was the lay of the year......8 hours after the race! Infact that is actually a factual fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Luckily I made Stradavarius a 1.01 shot so obviously had my mortgage on at odds against

Villa in the South of France here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Simples, hype led punters astray and the hype was led by the ridiculously biased ITV commentary which saw her well beaten 2 1/4L 2nd in the St Leger as evidence of two BRILLIANT horses fighting ( there was no fight ) out the finish of the St Leger. They've been inflating her status ever since she had that very impressive Listed win at York against modest competition. She was exposed in the Leger and still they persisted in treating her as if she was one of the best fillies seen in the last decade.

Given her quality breeding and that her trainer has been on fire this year it's a wonder the hype hadn't pushed her into odds on.

After she was beaten yesterday the owner was blubbing about how brilliant she was going to be next year.

tryfix wrote: »
    Simples, hype led punters astray and the hype was led by the ridiculously biased ITV commentary which saw her well beaten 2 1/4L 2nd in the St Leger as evidence of two BRILLIANT horses fighting ( there was no fight ) out the finish of the St Leger. They've been inflating her status ever since she had that very impressive Listed win at York against modest competition. She was exposed in the Leger and still they persisted in treating her as if she was one of the best fillies seen in the last decade.

Given her quality breeding and that her trainer has been on fire this year it's a wonder the hype hadn't pushed her into odds on.

After she was beaten yesterday the owner was blubbing about how brilliant she was going to be next year.
    Great post. Will add this post is staggering good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

This is an astonishing figure even if they did crawl around.

https://twitter.com/Ascot/status/1054640064477593603?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

kiers47 wrote: »
    This is an astonishing figure even if they did crawl around.

https://twitter.com/Ascot/status/1054640064477593603?s=19

That can be explained by

Stradivarius ( slow by 14.51 )

Cracksman ( slow by 4.79 )

Roaring Lion ( slow by 3.88 )

For a bit of perspective Magical was ( slow by 4.78 ) over 12f and Sharjah Bridge was ( slow by 4.90 ) over 1m and Sands Of Mali was ( slow by 1.88 ) over 6f.

Cracksman's relatively slower win than Magical's somehow gets an 131 rpr while Magical has to make do with 118 rpr.

Verbal Dexterity who was thrashed 9 3/4L behind Cracksman in 6th out of 8 was judged to have run to 111 rpr which was +9 on his previous 9 3/4L 102 rpr thrashing by Roaring Lion 122 rpr and Saxon Warrior 121 rpr in the Irish Champion Stakes. Never mind the close up presence of the moderate Subway Dancer ( beaten in 16 straight lower class races previously ) the Racing Post uses the power of Magical thinking 😉

Advertisement