Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fleetwood Mac - RDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Worth seeing but no Lindsey Buckingham sells this for me. The rest of the band are really talented but rather see them with buckingham

Saw them in 2015 and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Does Peter Green still tour with them?

No Buckingham, no show, for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone know what the capacity for this is? All seating or will be there some standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone know if there will be a presale for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The Nal wrote: »
    Does Peter Green still tour with them?

Don't know but it would be amazing given that Buckingham won't be there.

This will sell like Glasto tickets on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

I seriously can not wait.... I hope I get tickets for this, I will be heartbroken if I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Odd venues for the tour. Waldbuhne in Berlin at c.20,000. Rds at 35,000, Wembley at 90k. And they're the only ones announced. Berlin venue is amazing, half tempted by that tbh but pretty unlikely I'd say

A Thursday puts me off, will have to see closer to the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Mushy wrote: »
    Odd venues for the tour. Waldbuhne in Berlin at c.20,000. Rds at 35,000, Wembley at 90k. And they're the only ones announced. Berlin venue is amazing, half tempted by that tbh but pretty unlikely I'd say

A Thursday puts me off, will have to see closer to the time

I was surprised it wasn't a Croke Park gig!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Don't know but it would be amazing given that Buckingham won't be there.
    Poster is winding you up, Peter Green hasn't played with Fleetwood Mac in almost 50 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mumo3 wrote: »
    I was surprised it wasn't a Croke Park gig!!!

Would do a better stab of it than bon Jovi anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Never saw a crowd go as mental in the point as when Fleetwood Mac played "Oh Well" back in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It clashes with Elton John in 3Arena, which could take a lot of potential punters out of the equation. I'm very surprised they've upped the venue to the RDS. Fleetwood Mac always played indoors here and the idea of putting a Buckingham-less lineup in a bigger venue seems very ambitious.
    By comparison, Eagles always played outdoors. Glenn Frey passes and it's no longer the full classic lineup, so now they're 3Arena bound. Yes, it's two nights that sold out rapidly, but they're still indoor, seated shows, totaling around 19,000. I'm not sure that the Finnwood Mike show carries the necessary clout to fill the RDS.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Never saw a crowd go as mental in the point as when Fleetwood Mac played "Oh Well" back in 2011.

... or I'm So Afraid in 2003.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Oooh yeah, incredible solo at the end of that one!

'Big Love' was jaw dropping as well. Playing bass notes with his thumb and lead with his fingers......while singing!
    No Lindsay, no gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the 3Arena in 2015 with the full "classic" lineup was probably my favourite ever gig, and Lindsey was a huge part of the reason for that. dunno if I can be bothered with €80 for a gig without him, especially in the outdoors in the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

Pretty sure they sold out 3 nights fairly rapidly last time in the 3 Arena, so 30,000 + should be no bother in the RDS. I would actually wonder would there be an option of a second night on the Friday? playing wembely the Monday. Unlikely to do 2 nights there at 90,000 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ronney wrote: »
    Pretty sure they sold out 3 nights fairly rapidly last time in the 3 Arena, so 30,000 + should be no bother in the RDS. I would actually wonder would there be an option of a second night on the Friday? playing wembely the Monday. Unlikely to do 2 nights there at 90,000 each.

they're not doing 2 nights in a row anywhere on their tour over the next few months, so doubt they'll do Friday (probably too tough at their ages). Could possibly do Saturday, not sure if they'd be able sell 2 x 40k though?

https://www.fleetwoodmac.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Ronney

they're not doing 2 nights in a row anywhere on their tour over the next few months, so doubt they'll do Friday (probably too tough at their ages). Could possibly do Saturday, not sure if they'd be able sell 2 x 40k though?

https://www.fleetwoodmac.com/

Yea well spotted, doing 3 nights in LA but one on one off. Would say that they have that in stone no two nights in a row.

l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Completely torn on this with no Lindsey Buckingham.

After their gig a few years ago I said I'd absolutely not miss them if they came back but without him I just don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m torn too. Lindsey absolutely made the show for me back in 2015. Not sure whether or not to leave the memories I have on that note or go again and be slightly let down. I know I’ll have massive regret if I don’t go!

I’m torn too. Lindsey absolutely made the show for me back in 2015. Not sure whether or not to leave the memories I have on that note or go again and be slightly let down. I know I’ll have massive regret if I don’t go!

That's it exactly. Ive no worries over the Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie vocal lead songs and I love a lot of them but missing Lindseys vocals on some of my favourites just worries me.

It's why I had no issue skipping Queen when they played here because I knew it just wouldn't be what I had in my head.

If all the people that are on the fence about not going cos of Lindsey, please don't go! I need the odds in my favour to go see them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be a presale for this?

Through Live nation website somehow but have yet to work it out...trying to change country but not allowing..on a mobile device trying.?

The live videos on YouTube of the current line-up aren't very inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The live videos on YouTube of the current line-up aren't very inspiring.

Hardly a surprise, the fact they are on tour with that lineup is proof that they're doing for the money and willing to damage their legacy in the process.

They've treated Lindsey Buckingham very poorly, I wouldn't go see them in a fit after this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kissyfer

Anywhere showing ticket prices, I assume its all seating so 79.50 going to be somewhere way up the stands at the back?

Is there going to any standing or will it be all seating?

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Is there going to any standing or will it be all seating?

There will be gold circle standing and 'Pitch 2' standing.

Advertisement