Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fleetwood Mac - RDS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Btw, there are some (not very good) tickets for this on ticketmaster rn.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Btw, there are some (not very good) tickets for this on ticketmaster rn.

Many thanks for posting that- but @ just over 300 + for 2 tickets I think I'll pass- RDS can be very dodgy for sound- I didn't book on day 1- my loss- but can't justify that price.

Enjoy all- hopefully it will be a great concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Buckingham had a lucky escape, best of luck too him and hope he makes a full recovery

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lindsay-buckingham-heart-surgery-fleetwood-mac-792212/

Looks like he's on the mend anyway. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery and all concerned sort out their differences.

https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1129754664583483393

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kissyfer

Sorry if I missed it on here but was there ever any support announced? Did see something about the Pretenders but dont see it advertised anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Not long now! Weather forecast..not ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good seats back on sale for this if anyone is still looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zardoz wrote: »

All those Ticketmaster Platinum tickets that didn't sell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone know if you can still park in the area where funderland usually sets up? Simmonscourt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Think so yeah, that's my plan anyways. On the venue info section in the my tickets section, it says: Parking at Simmonscourt Road for cars & buses. Not sure about the time it's open though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »

Thanks +1

I'm really torn here after going last minute to Metallica.

It's crazy money the Mac are looking for, no Buckingham, for the RDS and also looking sh1te weather.

Then again it's the Mac and probably the last time we'll see them at all.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Is the parking at Simmonscourt Road fairly big? If you couldn't get to the venue til a bit later on could you still get parking? I'm not from Dublin so I'm not very familiar with the parking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

Does anyone know what time they are due on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

gledge wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time they are due on at?

I'm looking for this info too. Expected about 8.30pm but tickets mention 6 which is early for gates unless theres support...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Anyone know if there is a support act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The Pretenders are supporting. No idea on stage times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks +1

I'm really torn here after going last minute to Metallica.

It's crazy money the Mac are looking for, no Buckingham, for the RDS and also looking sh1te weather.

Then again it's the Mac and probably the last time we'll see them at all.

:confused:

Met Eireann are showing rain in the afternoon but dry enough for the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its not crazy money for The Pretenders and Fleetwood Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Doors: 18:00
    The Pretenders: 18:30
    Fleetwood Mac: 20:30

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1138403613276086272

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My bus is leaving Naas at 3. Seems very early if doors aren't until 6. Any bars close by the entrance to the RDS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My bus is leaving Naas at 3. Seems very early if doors aren't until 6. Any bars close by the entrance to the RDS?

Theres quite a few in the streets up from the RDS on the way too the Aviva

• Advertisement

Paddy Cullens, Mary Macs, Horse Show House, The Bridge and Crowes are all across the road and are a five minute walk at most.

Herbert Park Hotel is lovely, across the road and do a great pint

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I have 2 standing physical tickets in Galway, does anyone know can I still sell these through the ticket swap thing on ticket master? I can't go and don't know anyone IN Galway who wants them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

canireally wrote: »
    I have 2 standing physical tickets in Galway, does anyone know can I still sell these through the ticket swap thing on ticket master? I can't go and don't know anyone IN Galway who wants them.

why not try Toutless.com?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Paddy Cullens, Mary Macs, Horse Show House, The Bridge and Crowes are all across the road and are a five minute walk at most.

If the weather is decent then this is a great spot , We went there before Robbie Williams a few years and have great craic(the weather was scorching) even went back there after the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yea can’t go wrong with any of them. Went to horse show house b4 the killers last year and they’ve a right setup outdoors if it’s a nice day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

On Pubs. Last year at the killers the weather was deadly. So a lot of people got there early and just sat on the grass enjoying a few beers, even during the support acts. It was lovely.

BUT. The Queues for beer were llllooooonnnnggggg. 25 minutes to half an hour at one bar.

Oh also. As a Leinster Season Ticket holder I can let you know that there are no atms in the venue. There are two near the venue (at the bridge and at the horse show house) that get very busy so if you need cash, get it out before then. All the bars take card but if you prefer cash, bear this in mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

FitzShane wrote: »
    Doors: 18:00
    The Pretenders: 18:30
    Fleetwood Mac: 20:30

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1138403613276086272

Is there a bit of traffic management going on here? Could you safely add 30 minutes for the Pretenders start time?

I see set lists of 24 tracks for this tour. Would that be a two hour show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Know someone looking for a standing ticket if anyone could help. Seems to be loads of seated tickets on sale again now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

endainoz wrote: »
    Know someone looking for a standing ticket if anyone could help. Seems to be loads of seated tickets on sale again now!
    someone selling 2 on toutless at the moment, easy enough to offload the 2nd one i'd say.

looking at the seat map on the TM website, it seems like they're all production hold tickets, as they're all in patterns/rows together, or the very back rows of the stands. presumably the stage/speaker/mixing desk structures are mostly up now, so they know that the view is OK, and have put them onsale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

looking at the seat map on the TM website, it seems like they're all production hold tickets, as they're all in patterns/rows together, or the very back rows of the stands. presumably the stage/speaker/mixing desk structures are mostly up now, so they know that the view is OK, and have put them onsale.

They released similar seats for Bon Jovi and Pink months ago ,no idea why they held onto the same seats this time till the day before .

The seating map on Ticketmaster looks incorrect too ,the stage looks like the generic rectangular crap ,so alot of the seats in Block E and F could be restricted view .

D8yQrYhXsAEN5OW.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is that plastic white board type surface all over the pitch? I assume it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_Whack

Travelling to Fleetwood Mac tomorrow evening via M7. Due to circumstances outside of my control, l will be late by the time l approach Red Cow, approx 5.30 to 6pm. What is the fastest way to get to RDS?? Initially was planning to head straight on and into Dolphins Barn to Canals and follow along there (The Country route....) Also considered Luas into town etc. Now considering the M50, Stillorgan turnoff and up via N11.
    TIA. The Pretenders start at 6.30pm approx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Travelling to Fleetwood Mac tomorrow evening via M7. Due to circumstances outside of my control, l will be late by the time l approach Red Cow, approx 5.30 to 6pm. What is the fastest way to get to RDS?? Initially was planning to head straight on and into Dolphins Barn to Canals and follow along there (The Country route....) Also considered Luas into town etc. Now considering the M50, Stillorgan turnoff and up via N11. TIA. The Pretenders start at 6.30pm approx.

Leave the car somewhere around Stillorgan and hop a bus to Donnybrook. They come every few minutes.

• Advertisement

Hope all the other boardsies heading to Fleetwood Mac later enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Have two standing tickets if anyone is interested. 150 for pair if anyone interested. (Face is 192 for pair). Can meet them outside venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Travelling to Fleetwood Mac tomorrow evening via M7. Due to circumstances outside of my control, l will be late by the time l approach Red Cow, approx 5.30 to 6pm. What is the fastest way to get to RDS?? Initially was planning to head straight on and into Dolphins Barn to Canals and follow along there (The Country route....) Also considered Luas into town etc. Now considering the M50, Stillorgan turnoff and up via N11.
    TIA. The Pretenders start at 6.30pm approx.

Fleetwood Mac TDS & Elton John 3Arena, traffic will be mental tonight especially
    if it's raining!
    Leave the car somewhere around Stillorgan and hop a bus to Donnybrook. They come every few minutes.

+1
    Short walk down from Donnybrook to ground.
    Then straight back out to bus to car and then M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

I wonder will they play Tusk tonight, I know it's a big Lindsey Buckingham song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Conchir wrote: »
    I wonder will they play Tusk tonight, I know it's a big Lindsey Buckingham song.

No Chance.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Advertisement

No Chance.

Here is Setlist from last weeks concert.
    Not there.
    Though Legal case has been settled, l suspect relations are strained :(
    Pity. I note they got Crowded House and Tom Petty tunes in there. That's fair enough! Will give Neil and Mike C an opportunity to let rip!
    Can't wait. And The Pretenders as well! Bring it on!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetwood-mac/2019/festival-park-werchter-werchter-belgium-139191e5.html

Though Legal case has been settled, l suspect relations are strained :(

Lindsey has his own issues at the moment.

https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1093969115859935233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

What time should I arrive this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Think it's a pretty fixed setlist for this tour, but looking forward to it all the same!

V excited.

The Nal wrote: »
    Lindsey has his own issues at the moment.

https://twitter.com/KBChrush/status/1093969115859935233

Let's hope his health is better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Does anyone know where the disabled parking is ?

I know there is some in Simmions Court car park .. but thats right at the front of that building which is further away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Also can you bring a backpack in ?

NeVeR wrote: »

Your Safety

• Do not bring backpacks or large handbags. Bags exceeding the size of A4 WILL NOT be permitted entry. There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities on site. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. Any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly.

• This is an outdoor event and concert will take place rain or shine. Please check weather conditions and dress appropriately, but remember no umbrellas.

There is NO cloakroom service available.

• Glass or cans, umbrellas, alcohol, garden furniture, selfie sticks, flares will not be permitted.

Full list of prohibited items on www.mcd.ie

No professional cameras or cameras with a detachable lens, video cameras & audio recording devices, iPads or GoPros.

• Obey the stewards and Gardaí and instructions given over the public address for your own safety.

• The Promoter deems that large outdoor concerts are not a suitable environments for all children under 5 years old unless otherwise stated. We have no measures in place to facilitate babies and small children on site.

Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of others.

Due to increased security measures we strongly advise you allow sufficient time to get through security checks to gain entry to the venue in a safe and timely manner.

Please contact MCD Productions in advance via email customercare@mcd.ie if you:

• Have any queries or accessible requests including access, toilets, dietary requirement etc, please ensure that you have brought attention to this prior to attending the event to allow MCD the opportunity to assist you with having a more enjoyable day at the event.

• If you have any general queries or accessible requests that has not been addressed in the event information provided.

If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback in relation to the event, please contact Customer Care at the Info Point in the venue.

I doubt it very much, you can't take them in anywhere now.
    I wouldn't chance it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Does anyone know where the disabled parking is ?

I know there is some in Simmions Court car park .. but thats right at the front of that building which is further away.

email says:

Accessible Parking Enter Gate B on Merrion Road YELLOW

Looks like the main gate on Merrion road across from the Bank Centre

• Advertisement
Advertisement