Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fleetwood Mac - RDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Did anyone order the limited edition CD with their tickets and get it yet? Was hoping to have it on the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Has anyone received their tickets for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Not yet, but they've only just started sending them out according to my ticketmaster account page...ive a concert in May bought the tickets in July and again theyve just started dispatching those also

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

No hassle. They might get them out this week before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fleetwood Mac: A Musical History

BBC four 8pm Friday 21st Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Mine arrived yesterday...
    They've moved away from the cardboard version and now its a paper version..pity I liked collecting the ticket stubs...as long as the environmemt is benefiting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone have a gut instinct on whether tickets for this will become available (at face value resell or from tm) nearer the gig. I'd love to go, and I can afford to pay a tout. But I'd rather not support that, so if waiting for face value makes sense I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone have a gut instinct on whether tickets for this will become available (at face value resell or from tm) nearer the gig. I'd love to go, and I can afford to pay a tout. But I'd rather not support that, so if waiting for face value makes sense I will.

There will be loads of tickets released by TM ,you will easily get one for face value or less close to the gig.

Zardoz wrote: »
    errlloyd wrote: »

There will be loads of tickets released by TM ,you will easily get one for face value or less close to the gig.

Cool, GF wants to book flights to be here for it. So I reckon I'll just tell her to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Book the flights.
    As said there will be tickets for sale closer to the date.

At worst you could be sitting outside having a few tinnies listening to them ;)
    Seriously there should be tickets available, there's 281 on one of the secondary sites so they all will have to be offloaded if nobody buys them on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

I wouldn't mind going to this but every time I read reviews of gigs in the RDS it seems to always be a complete ****show. The thread on Paul Simon from last year being the last example. Is it always as bad as it seems?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057838117/9

Might be interesting for any Mac fans in the area

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/neil-and-liam-finn/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

Mine arrived yesterday...
    They've moved away from the cardboard version and now its a paper version..pity I liked collecting the ticket stubs...as long as the environmemt is benefiting

Hi!
    I'm after having a bit of a messy breakup with someone, who has 4 tickets for this show.
    She wants to offload them to me, and said that she will email me the tickets if i send her the money, i know this sounds mad, but i don't trust that she wouldn't try to sell them on to others as well to **** me over.
    Is there any way of guaranteeing that someone wouldn't just sell multiple e-tickets to Viagogo etc.?
    She's short on money, so would like to help her out... because she bought them knowing that i liked FM, but can someone please explain the legalities of the above. Will her name be on the tickets for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

pipelaser wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm after having a bit of a messy breakup with someone, who has 4 tickets for this show.
    She wants to offload them to me, and said that she will email me the tickets if i send her the money, i know this sounds mad, but i don't trust that she wouldn't try to sell them on to others as well to **** me over.

Sounds like a lot of drama, how very... Fleetwood Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

lc180 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lot of drama, how very... Fleetwood Mac

Packin up, shackin up all she wanna doooo :)

Packin up, shackin up all she wanna doooo :)

She can go her own way. ðŸ˜

Hope you get it sorted, I'm looking forward to it, should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hi!
    Is there any way of guaranteeing that someone wouldn't just sell multiple e-tickets to Viagogo etc.?
    She's short on money, so would like to help her out... because she bought them knowing that i liked FM, but can someone please explain the legalities of the above. Will her name be on the tickets for example?

If they are the new mobile/e- tickets, she can transfer them to your ticketmaster account

New tickets with new barcodes will then be assigned to your email address

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360008601454-Ticket-Transfer

Get her to transfer the tickets before you pay

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m still not over the fact that I didn’t get tickets for this. Any chance of getting them at this stage? (at a reasonable price)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I’m still not over the fact that I didn’t get tickets for this. Any chance of getting them at this stage? (at a reasonable price)

Most gigs will release extra tickets leading up to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Just won't be the same without Buckingham.

• Advertisement

Buckingham had a lucky escape, best of luck too him and hope he makes a full recovery

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lindsay-buckingham-heart-surgery-fleetwood-mac-792212/

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭emmaro

Anyone interested in swapping two seated tickets for two standing? Have a foot injury but really want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Doesn't seem to be any sign of extra tickets released for this. Thought there would be at this stage. Any that go up on toutless etc are taken straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

emmaro wrote: »
    Anyone interested in swapping two seated tickets for two standing? Have a foot injury but really want to go!

Could be worth trying toutless for this. I'm trying to swap golden circle tickets to pitch standing but think will just try swap outside on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hi folks, this may have been asked before, but what would be the situation with parking within a reasonable distance from the RDS? Don't mind having to pre pay for it or whatever but have heard the traffic can be quite awful. Would it be better to park somewhere else and get a tax or bus to the RDS?

endainoz wrote: »
    Hi folks, this may have been asked before, but what would be the situation with parking within a reasonable distance from the RDS? Don't mind having to pre pay for it or whatever but have heard the traffic can be quite awful. Would it be better to park somewhere else and get a tax or bus to the RDS?

For this gig I'd say you'd be fine to drive and park on street somewhere off Ailesbury road or the N11. You won't be arriving till 7, when most (but check the signs) parking becomes free. A ten minute walk to the RDS from there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If its a nice day id park somewhere in town then either hop on a bus or walk out?
    It can be a nice walk back into town imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Where you travelling from/to?
    That will help with where you should park?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

Where you travelling from/to? That will help with where you should park?

Traveling from the M7, not used to Dublin driving but don't mind doing it if it ment getting relatively close to the venue. Just had heard some horror stories about the traffic around the RDS but not too inclined to believe them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

How come you are getting rid of golden circle?

Advertisement