Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

cbreeze wrote: »
    I cant afford to shop in Penneys so I go to charity shops. Ms Cash is better dressed than I am. But I've noticed that there are no children's clothes for sale in charity shops. I don't know where poor people with large families can get second hand clothes these days other than sharing them with friends and neighbours - which we all did when I was growing up or handing them down.I don't think organisations like St Vincent de Paul collect used children's clothes anymore for the needy as I understand that either money or new items are preferable.

The money she gets is mostly for the children, who have not done anything wrong yet.

Someone made a point further back in this thread about the children wearing school uniforms in the summer. They are like me when I was a kid - the only clothes I had!

2 days before the Garda station incident, Ms. Cash was trying to buy some limited-edition running shoes that were selling for €260 on Facebook. In the week before the incident she was looking to buy / bought a flat screen TV, waterford crystal vases, 2 cases of beers, a bridesmaid dress for her daughter, a tanning session and inquiring about a €160K house.

On Feb 16th, 1 day before the Penneys theft, she was asking for price quotes and availability across multiple posts to some kitchen spraying / re-styling service that charges €150+ to recolour your kitchen cabinets.

So while I feel for the situation you grew up in, I strongly believe that is not the case here. She does not appear to be poor, she seems to have plenty of money to spend on expensive, unnecessary items but is unwilling to spend that on what would normally be considering necessary expenses such as accommodation, clothing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

gmisk wrote: »
    So is it all a conspiracy to make travellers look bad? Or what are you hinting at?
    Is it the guberment? I'd say they stitched her up with the other 37 charges as well.

:D It's called sarcasm and a response to some peoples thinking that it's a conspiracy that the timing of her court appearance coincides with Casey's comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So she robbed over €300 worth of stuff from Penney's the same month she offered €10k cash for a seven seater car.Hmmmm.
    I doubt she'll be used as the face for any campaign again and only right.
    Anyhow,where would a homeless person store so many clothes? Does she have a mobile wardrobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

So she robbed over €300 worth of stuff from Penney's the same month she offered €10k cash for a seven seater car.Hmmmm.
    I doubt she'll be used as the face for any campaign again and only right.
    Anyhow,where would a homeless person store so many clothes? Does she have a mobile wardrobe?

Where do you think she was getting the cash?Pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Here is is MT forecast for that day in Feb she was nicking the rags ,wonder if it was a factor ?

Forecasts for Ireland

ALERT for locally heavy snow and hail showers that could produce poor driving or walking conditions, more likely in higher parts of north and west, but especially around late morning and early afternoon cannot be ruled out elsewhere. Also ADVANCE ALERT for possible strong winds Wednesday night (valid 1900h Wednesday to 0500h Thursday) in all regions as a fast-moving and potentially intensifying low travels across northern counties during the night. Gusts to 120 km/hr are possible with this and there may be late-breaking changes to forecasts as the system is still in a rather early stage of its life cycle (presently about 1015 mbs south of Newfoundland, Canada).

TODAY will be a very cold day in part due to persistently strong westerly winds at about 70 to 110 km/hr at times, and squally showers of hail, sleet or snow could hit almost anywhere with at least temporary disruptions to travel. There will be brighter intervals but still cold and windy in those, as highs reach only 2 to 6 C. Some of the heavier squalls could produce thunder as well.

TONIGHT will likely be much the same although there could be more rain showers in the mixture of wintry showers, and winds will continue brisk, west-northwesterly at about 60 to 90 km/hr. Lows of about -1 to +2 C.

She already claimed that she wasn't poor "just homeless".
    So no, she is just robbing scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

there is still apologists floating around defending this absolute vile leech on society

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

topper75 wrote:
    I don't know how the guberment could do their jobs more 'right'.

holy **** I'm not on the colour of that, disgraceful that working people have their taxes go towards this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Anthracite wrote: »
    There are people who build things up, and there are people who tear things down. As long as a large minority are the former type, we are ok.
    Can you imagine the wasteland the world would be if the latter category became a sufficient percentage of the population? A single person can destroy the work of dozens.

She had seven kids. Most people I know can barely afford two.
    2:7 ratio doesn't sound good going into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

'Homeless woman'...with an address at...

What ever happened to the 'no fixed abode' term?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

She had seven kids. Most people I know can barely afford two.
    2:7 ratio doesn't sound good going into the future.

Yep, That's what you're dealing with. Apparently In the UK they cut off social welfare after 2 kids.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

I can’t believe this idiot has not either figured out how to set her Facebook page on private or is she too thick to do so. Last night she shared a video that one of her fellow ethnic minority cohort posted of a bunch of scum running away from the gardaí after jumping out of what must be a stolen car. She seems to not only partake and condone in all sorts of criminality but also celebrates it...pure filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

sightband wrote: »
    I can’t believe this idiot has not either figured out how to set her Facebook page on private or is she too thick to do so. Last night she shared a video that one of her fellow ethnic minority cohort posted of a bunch of scum running away from the gardaí after jumping out of what must be a stolen car. She seems to not only partake and condone in all sorts of criminality but also celebrates it...pure filth.

Any chance someone could post this for those of us not on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

AdrianLM wrote: »
    Yep, That's what you're dealing with. Apparently In the UK they cut off social welfare after 2 kids.

I doubt they do , I know what they should be cutting off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭sliabh 1956

I saw Paul Murphy that great defender of Law and Order defending Ms Cash on Virgin last night on Prime Time earlier Miriam and guest seemed to be in awe of The chap from Pavee The Media and Politicians seemed to be scared to ask any critical questions these days. Regarding waste of tax payers money I know of a case from first hand experience of an SNA with a traveller for 3 years and then just before the Junior Cert the student ups and leaves .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

464083.png

Just more propergander from the media to discredit poor, brave Margaret.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

The journal.ie has us bombarded with "stories" about de Homeless. Ms Cash sailed high on their agenda for days on end a few weeks ago.

Not a peep about her latest self service adventures in Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

gwalk wrote: »
    there is still apologists floating around defending this absolute vile leech on society

I'd imagine most either:
    a) are using this to push their own agenda
    b) just like playing devil's advocate / going against the grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mloc123 wrote: »

Ironically, a propergander at Cash's criminal record will do the discrediting all by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ironically, a propergander at Cash's criminal record will do the discrediting all by itself.
    well done
    I'll give that a 10 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

sightband wrote: »

I don't think there's much going on upstairs there to be fair, nor with the entourage judging by some of the comments

Margaret Elizabeth Cash and all women being attacked on FM 104 being asked why would you have 7 children in a holyJoe Catholic country with no choice for women
    It's a women's choice to have children or not to have children whether she is living with a man or not and that guy asking her how she will get her life back togather bloody fool.No one gets a free house people pay rent to the Council.Ireland is full of Council Estates.I am getting more disgusted by the day.Stop attacking homeless Women and children.

Women have no value ... they are only to be judged and/or used/abused by men.
    Margaret Cash has more humanity in her nail-clippings than all the twisted hate-filled misogynists and their echoes.

I am behind u all the way girl need anything I'm just a phone call away ur an inspiration xx

The real robbers in this country all live in mansions...

It must be hard to put up with the crap you have to put up with, but your kids will look back in years to come and be proud to know you took a stand and sacrificed your own wellness for a better future and a world where racism and sexism has no place.
    You have lots of allies and are on the right side of history.

The comments throwing digs are gas,

big March on the 27th. Garden of Remembrance marching to the GP0 at 1 pm. Don't get smart with me buddy... See you there
    response
    why do you not go and try and learn a skill rather than marching for handouts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mloc123 wrote: »
    464083.png

Well let's hope he takes a second pass at learning dat werd propergander... might get it right the second time around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

why could she not use the social welfare money to buy the clothes, doesn't make any sense,  Penny's  is so cheap , 300 euro would buy a huge amount clothes there

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

why could she not use the social welfare money to buy the clothes, doesn't make any sense, Penny's is so cheap , 300 euro would buy a huge amount clothes there

social is only 1k per week for Mags. Do dem sums, about 50k per year, you would need to be on a 100k per year gig for that kinda coin to land into your pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I saw Paul Murphy that great defender of Law and Order defending Ms Cash on Virgin last night on Prime Time earlier Miriam and guest seemed to be in awe of The chap from Pavee The Media and Politicians seemed to be scared to ask any critical questions these days. Regarding waste of tax payers money I know of a case from first hand experience of an SNA with a traveller for 3 years and then just before the Junior Cert the student ups and leaves .

You just do what you are told by your betters. You are just a useful idiot contributing your tax every week to fund these leeches. When I say leeches I mean Murphy, R.T.E. "celebrities" etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

why could she not use the social welfare money to buy the clothes, doesn't make any sense,  Penny's  is so cheap , 300 euro would buy a huge amount clothes there

Pennys are in cahoots with the gubberment though!! robbing ba**ards, giving us nothing. Demanding payment for the goods/services we want to take from them!!

jjmcclure wrote: »
    She actually hijacked two lorries !!:D

Is that where the motoring offences came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

She does seem to have a recalcitrant attitude.

The theft was for the kids, the inference being it dilutes the crime.

Stolen items not recovered and only €100 fine, where’s the deterrent?

Dozens of previous convictions for traffic offenses, this is not someone who is positively contributing to society, the fact that she is a Traveller is irrelevant.

This type of behavior is not acceptable from any citizen and should not be condoned.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

And that's 52k tax free, what would a PAYE worker have to be on to take home 52k clean ?

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And that's 52k tax free, what would a PAYE worker have to be on to take home 52k clean ?

Jesus.
    I think someone else posted 80k ish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭xabi

Jesus.

Probably close to 100K

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement