Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Just my experience, maybe I'm fortunate not to work with a bunch of impotent rage filled individuals.

We all have different opinions ,

None so far have been raged filled individuals(that I've read) a couple of trolls pretty common stuff for AH ,

It seems several posters have the hump and are trying to get the discussion shutdown for what ever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Just my experience, maybe I'm fortunate not to work with a bunch of impotent rage filled individuals.

Go to bed. Stop knocking posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Guess they can't say the same :pac:

Joke, we all probably need to chill, (including yourself)

You are correct, we aren't going to change much in here, except perhaps a couple of mindsets maybe. In saying that, I reckon everyone who posts in any thread on boards knows right well that its merely a discussion forum, not the oireachtas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Guess they can't say the same :pac:

Joke, we all probably need to chill, (including yourself)

You are correct, we aren't going to change much in here, except perhaps a couple of mindsets maybe. In saying that, I reckon everyone who posts in any thread on boards knows right well that its merely a discussion forum, not the oireachtas.

Yeah we don't get paid for this!!!!

Gatling wrote: »
    We all have different opinions ,

None so far have been raged filled individuals(that I've read) a couple of trolls pretty common stuff for AH ,

It seems several posters have the hump and are trying to get the discussion shutdown for what ever reason

Homeless figures are coming down. The Governments actions are bearing fruit. Hundreds of homeless are only too glad to have a place to call home. You don’t hear about them hollering drivel and bile from loud hailers or blocking workers from moving freely through our capital city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Still an absolute car crash of a thread. Nothing being said other than a never ending circle jerk of rage and bs .
    There is no way people would use the language prevalent in numerous posts on this thread, somehow I think you know that.
    Discussion is one thing and to be encouraged, quite a number of the posts here are nothing but borderline incitement to hatred .

Mod: I've had enough of your bollocks. If you have such an intense dislike for this thread, why do you still post here?

Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Mod: I've had enough of your bollocks. If you have such an intense dislike for this thread, why do you still post here?

Don't post in this thread again.

Way to make it even more of a circle jerk. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

BBFAN wrote: »

G'way to fcuk, you havent offered a single contribution to the thread either, aside from knocking back other posters.

Best you've come up with is:

"More houses need to be be built"

But you can't/won't even say who should build or pay for them.

Scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

G'way to fcuk, you havent offered a single contribution to the thread either, aside from knocking back other posters.

Best you've come up with is:

"More houses need to be be built"

But you can't/won't even say who should build or pay for them.

Scutter.

So anyone who disagrees with rage can g'way to fcuk.

Hilarious. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

BBFAN wrote: »

Mod: If you think posters that are in the minority side of an argument should be given leeway to constantly moan about the thread whilst contributing little more than snide digs at other posters, then you are more than welcome to suggest this in Feedback. But I'll tell you now that it ain't gonna happen.

And let this be the end of on-thread discussion re moderation. If you have an issue with moderation, feel free to PM me, another mod or a CMod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Mod: If you think posters that are in the minority side of an argument should be given leeway to constantly moan about the thread whilst contributing little more than snide digs at other posters, then you are more than welcome to suggest this in Feedback. But I'll tell you now that it ain't gonna happen.

And let this be the end of on-thread discussion re moderation. If you have an issue with moderation, feel free to PM me, another mod or a CMod.

well said, kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Sad to see the vermin that despise themselves and the Irish people turning boards into a racist hate site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think it’s a bit harsh to refer to her as vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Sad to see the vermin that despise themselves and the Irish people turning boards into a racist hate site.

The truth hurts it seems!

What you can take from this thread is that the general public are sick of paying for other people's lifestyles and repeated mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What was wrong with the houses she has been offered in the past?

Was it a case of 4 kids in a 2 bed house so she needed more room?

5 kids in a 3 bed so she needed more room?

6 kids so now she needs about 4 or 5 bedrooms if not 6.

Not too many 6 beds going to be available to her.

She's a young girl and could most likely get pregnant again and have another few kids.

What then? An 8 bed house?

At what point does personal responsibility kick in and the feckless attitude of "not my problem" come to pass?

She might want to think about this the next time she jumps up on her soapbox to moan about the government not giving her a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

mfceiling wrote: »
    What was wrong with the houses she has been offered in the past?

She's a young girl and could most likely get pregnant again and have another few kids.

At what point does personal responsibility kick in and the feckless attitude of "not my problem" come to pass?

She might want to think about this the next time she jumps up on her soapbox to moan about the government not giving her a home.

A bit of a gap in that alright.

Once the family managed to end up in Tallaght Garda Barracks,that was all the Media wished to cover.

The circumstances surrounding their arrival there,do not appear to be of any interest to the media.

It's possible there may be other elements at play here too ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

mfceiling wrote: »

I've mentioned this previously in the thread that there's an interview of her and her partner from 2016, at which point they had 6 kids, in which they acknowledge that having a lot of kids means it will be more difficult for them to find housing (I imagine the council will not give a 8-9 person family a 1-2-3 bed house?).

Yet less than a year after giving that interview they had another child..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    I've mentioned this previously in the thread that there's an interview of her and her partner from 2016, at which point they had 6 kids, in which they acknowledge that having a lot of kids means it will be more difficult for them to find housing (I imagine the council will not give a 8-9 person family a 1-2-3 bed house?).

True,but perhaps the seat of this issue lies a little further back ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

“We gave up our Traveller life years ago and settled down, but we don’t have a family that would be willing to take in six children.”

The family’s rent allowance is capped at €1,000, but they have found they are priced out of moving to a new property and face discrimination because of their background.

Margaret continued: “The council were aware of the repossession a year ago, but we have been getting the runaround. We’re afraid to leave the house in case the locks are changed.

“It’s causing us awful stress. We know we are not the only ones looking for a place but they do have housing. Where will we go with six children ? They’re not giving us any hope.”

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

AlekSmart wrote: »
    A bit of a gap in that alright.

Once the family managed to end up in Tallaght Garda Barracks,that was all the Media wished to cover.

The circumstances surrounding their arrival there,do not appear to be of any interest to the media.

It was something like they'd been renting a place in Tallaght using HAP for a couple of years and then the landlord sold the house and served them notice but they didn't leave after the notice expired and were evicted.

There was posts on her Facebook about what happened to lead them to the Garda station situation (leaving out the fact they seemed to be spending a ton of money on anything but accommodation in the weeks/month before hand) but when people started viewing her FB after the story broke she privated nearly every public post from 2018.

• Advertisement

She's been awfully since being dropped as a speaker at the next protest

Gatling wrote: »
    She's been awfully since being dropped as a speaker at the next protest

The head of that traveller group that she's spoken as part of at the past two protests was posting about finding a microphone + speaker and using them to allow Margaret to speak at the protest since the oragnisers of the official event have "blocked" her speaking.

I can see that going incredibly well! Speaking over / annoying even the homeless charities and protesters that are on her side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

17th July 2018. She posted on fb she had got a house and was moving in the next day. What happened that?

https://m.imgur.com/a/37LbY22

17th July 2018. She posted on fb she had got a house and was moving in the next day. What happened that?

https://m.imgur.com/a/37LbY22

I was asking that when the articles came out originally. She posted saying she was moving in the next day, then that she had actually moved in then like a week later posted something about the council having lied to her or something.

92acca917485784f0d7dc05e34a2574b.png

4 days before the Garda station incident. Does she have €160K saved for a house now?..

Also I've just seen she posted in that same group looking to buy a dress for her daughter for a wedding only 2 days before that. She clearly had enough money that week to buy her family a stay in a hostel / hotel had she wanted to.

92acca917485784f0d7dc05e34a2574b.png

4 days before the Garda station incident. Does she have €160K saved for a house now?..

As she has repeatedly and publicly stated she is not poor ,

She wants a house (for free)

I'd be happy to send that image to SDCC if she has money to buy a house she's likely not entitled to social housing

af973e9aac98e518b01af7b40a4bfb14.png

A week before the garda station incident, looking at buying a TV..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Odelay

af973e9aac98e518b01af7b40a4bfb14.png

A week before the garda station incident, looking at buying a TV..

Looking to buy it?? Are you sure about that ;) hm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: marieholmfan, don't post in this thread again. And that goes for everyone else posting here too. Enough of the abuse, discuss the topic, not your perceptions of those involved. If you want to continue with abuse in this manner, I suggest you take it elsewhere.

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement