Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Michael D IS running again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Duffy has had a few bad radio appearences. He needs a strong performance this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ní Riada and Duffy doing well, more used to this and TV.

Freeman decent, looks nervous.

Casey having a Craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Isn't Duffys wife an ex-RTE staffer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well thanks to the rte player being an utter disaster I've missed the start.
    RTE1+1's your only man.
    Why is the issue of addressing the oireachtas such a big issue. It's something the president can do but to my knowledge it's not a requirement that it has to happen.

It's one of the few "powers" of the presidency, so it's something to talk about. Otherwise you end up saying nothing about nothing, or saying something about something the president has no beeswax saying things about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Why are SF so obsessed with the Irish language. They will always be a minority if they continue to hide behind the Irish language. How can they expect a united Ireland when the unionists will fear having to speak/learn Irish?

We need a credible opposition but these clichéd cupla focail every time they speak make me want to throw up. It's so fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Duffy has had a few bad radio appearences. He needs a strong performance this evening.

He's flying tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

C__MC wrote: »
    Duffy roasting Byrne there - RTE snakes in the grass

So now you have an issue with RTE trying to clarify things?

Gavin Duffy going down the route of insinuating RTE are in Higgins's pocket again.

And Casey is still a prick.

Na Riada going again with the route of marginalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Danzy wrote: »
    Niada and Duffy doing well, more used to this and TV.

Freeman decent, looks nervous.

Casey having a Craig.

Ni Riada has learned absolutely nothing since Saturday it would seem, still on about heading off to Palestine..

DpY_xBgWwAAq6qX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can understand why claire Byrne made that correction given what happened on her radio show and the frontline incident last time out. RTÉ I'd imagine don't want any of that kind of hassle.

Mickey d phoning up and asking for RTÉ to correct the record

?!?

Why not show up if you want to take part in the debate ???

This way he gets to eat popcorn and gets his feet up in his slippers, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

What happened, I heard laughter and people on here mention phone calls in? I watched something on youtube for a sec :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Duffy dominating so far... surprised that RTE broadcast that "correction" from Higgins' camp. As the candidates rightly pointed out, Higgins should be there to make his own statement rather than (staffers) phoning it in.

Why are SF so obsessed with the Irish language. They will always be a minority if they continue to hide behind the Irish language. How can they expect a united Ireland when the unionists will fear having to speak/learn Irish?

Because whether or not they can expect a UI, they can expect a few votes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ni Riada has learned absolutely nothing since Saturday it would seem, still on about heading off to Palestine..

DpY_xBgWwAAq6qX.jpg

I.m all for a Palestinian State but at times please give it a ****ing rest occasionally.

I get ya Forky.

I can understand why claire Byrne made that correction given what happened on her radio show and the frontline incident last time out. RTÉ I'd imagine don't want any of that kind of hassle.

Exactly. Yet you have people complain either today they did it, or walked down the conspiracy route.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

jogdish wrote: »
    What happened, I heard laughter and people on here mention phone calls in? I watched something on youtube for a sec :(

Claire in a big serious voice told everyone that Micheal ds ppl had just rung RTÉ to correct the record. So he’s not in the debate but he is on the phone looking to contribute. Load of rubbish. She was rightfully told to go take a hike by the candidates.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Duffy dominating so far... surprised that RTE broadcast that "correction" from Higgins' camp. As the candidates rightly pointed out, Higgins should be there to make his own statement rather than (staffers) phoning it in.

So you not recall the small issue of a certain tweet 7 years ago?

Whatever about not attending, getting RTE to broadcast that 'correction' was a mistake by the Higgens team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Peter wants to create a social media platform

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Claire Byrne is a poor moderator.... You would miss Pat Kenny.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Claire Byrne is a poor moderator.... You would miss Pat Kenny.

:eek::confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Joan Freeman has no connection to Iona.
    The suggestion is libellous. The old remark about the
    Sow that eats her farrow is clearly shown in Irish attitudes to the mentally ill.
    Try_harder wrote: »
    Sean Gallagher is coming across as a sanctimonious prick. He didnt care about Ireland (Inc) for 7 years now is clearing his diary to try to goad An t-Uchtaran into a debate. How about he just goes collecting cheques for FF...

Iona Joan looks more appealing than Sean right about now

Diaspora, take a swig. Casey is only concerned about business, no social issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

"all my nominees would be female" ohh great, identity politics crap.

What happened on her radio show?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hurrache wrote: »
    So you not recall the small issue of a certain tweet 7 years ago?

That's exactly why I'm surprised they let her announce the "correction". It's a controversial topic and better Higgins make his own statement to the people on the matter.. not have RTE act as spokesman for him .

The only winner here is Michael D Higgins

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jogdish wrote: »

Claire in a big serious voice told everyone that Micheal ds ppl had just rung RTÉ to correct the record. So he’s not in the debate but he is on the phone looking to contribute. Load of rubbish. She was rightfully told to go take a hike by the candidates.
    Why was she rightly told to take a hike ? She is probably under orders from the RTÉ management to not let anything even slightly inaccurate was said by the four candidates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Seems hard enough to think of one woman never mind seven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gavin Duffy is going to go into schools and run after all the fat kids.

Freeman is not great... She maybes needs some coaching from Maria Steen

Advertisement