Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gatling wrote: »
    Bellingcat strikes again ,
    The have identified another suspect a Dr in the Russian intelligence noless

Alexander Petrov is Dr. Alexander Yevgenyevich Mishkin - according to Bellingcat investigators

The people running Bellingcat would do well to check under their beds and cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

The people running Bellingcat would do well to check under their beds and cars.

and door handles!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

wexie wrote: »
    and door handles!!!

:pac:

and their cups of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I think it's obvious now the Russians carried this out. Bellingcat also found a Ukraine connection for Miskan.

Which confirms why Skipral was a target for these two men.

Alexander Petrov is Dr. Alexander Yevgenyevich Mishkin - according to Bellingcat investigators

Is it amazing a website does better work than people paid millions to do journalism on Sky News and the BBC.

Why don't they investigate the crimes of Saudi Arabia?

Find out what happened to this journalist who went inside the Saudi Embassy and never came back out.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45775819

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I think it's obvious now the Russians carried this out. Bellingcat also found a Ukraine connection for Miskan.

Which confirms why Skipral was a target for these two men.

Fair play. You questioned but didn't get so stuck on your theory that you ignored all evidence to the contrary. Too many people these days are too obsessed with convincing themselves they're right that they're unable to learn.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Fair play. You questioned but didn't get so stuck on your theory that you ignored all evidence to the contrary. Too many people these days are too obsessed with convincing themselves they're right that they're unable to learn.

I don't see the point in doing that. If you wrong you better of admitting it. I left the door open in my posts it was Russia though but wanted better evidence first. I have seen enough now that convinces me it was carried out by these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Here are the comparison pictures for anyone interested. There's a link to the article here and they will be updating later with information on how they found out.

Petrov3-.jpg

Mishkin_passport.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Whatever about Chepiga, you don't need any facial recognition software to see this is one and the same guy.

Alun wrote: »
    Whatever about Chepiga, you don't need any facial recognition software to see this is one and the same guy.

Yeah. The dimples are visible and the passports for Mishkin and Petrov have the same DOB and first names.

• Advertisement

xckjoo wrote: »

And then you have people like Craig Murray who has managed to be so consistently wrong every step of the way on this. Even in one of the more recent articles he's claiming that the picture of Chepiga on the wall was faked - that wall, if you'll remember, is accessible to the public and has been photographed by loads of people. There are even photos of it on Russian state websites showing the picture.

So, what can we conclude about Craig Murray from this? Is he an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about? Is he paid by Russian media to push disinformation? Whatever it is, his blog is a useless source of information.

He's either thick or he's lying and hopefully people will understand this before using him as a source on here.

Is it amazing a website does better work than people paid millions to do journalism on Sky News and the BBC.

Those are news agencies which report international news, on a 24 hour basis. They are of differing quality, but they carry out many of their own investigations on a regular basis into a wide range of issues, from political scandals, to off-shore tax havens, to indepth press investigations, etc

You regularly dismiss them (whilst at the same time unquestioningly supporting e.g. random conspiracy blogs)

Bellingcat is a different type of outlet, they specifically focus on a far smaller range of events (e.g; MH17, Skripal poisoning)

Still a step in the right direction, although I suspect it's only because literally no one in the conspiracy community seems to be bothered to explain away the latest Skripal info with their usual imaginary horse**** - it's like they've just given up, along with the Kremlin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

journalism on Sky News
    LOL

Why don't they investigate the crimes of Saudi Arabia?

Find out what happened to this journalist who went inside the Saudi Embassy and never came back out.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45775819

They have been covering Saudi Arabia's war crimes in Yemen. If you go to the website and click on the "MENA" (Middle East North Africa) section you'll see it.

As for the Journalist who disappeared in the Saudi consulate, Bellingcat might investigate it but this only happened a few days ago so it would be a few weeks before we would know. Also, they might not have many contacts/sources in Saudi Arabia or Turkey so it may be better to let other investigative organisations do it.

Even if they didn't write about Saudi Arabia, that wouldn't be a problem. A small news organisation can't put resources into investigating every country's fúckery. In the case of Bellincat, they seem to have good information, sources and expertise from Russia so that seems to be their main focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Its probably worth noting that the mods on reddit.com/r/Ireland recently said they have been getting an infestation of Russian trolls who presumably don't know how ineffective a role our presidency is. Worth keeping in mind if boards gets an odd amount of new accounts in the lead on to our next general election.

Oh and (one of?) The troll factories got burned down the their day, seemingly from a Molotov cocktail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The BBC had the Bellingcat story st the top of their front page, and are reporting on this one too - https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-45791378
    The name of the second suspect in the Salisbury case is actually Alexander Mishkin, the BBC understands.

The Bellingcat investigative website says the man who travelled under the alias Alexander Petrov is in reality a military doctor working for Russian intelligence, the GRU.

Last month, Bellingcat named the first suspect as Anatoliy Chepiga, a claim rejected by Russia.

When asked about the naming of Mr Mishkin, the Kremlin would not comment.

OK time to shift to complaining that the BBC cannot be trusted in 3... 2... 1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Billy86 wrote: »
    Oh and (one of?) The troll factories got burned down the their day, seemingly from a Molotov cocktail.

there's an odd sense of poetic justice there isn't there?

(although I believe it was Fins that named it that rather than Russians)

Apparently according to various sources in Russia, the head of the GRU has been put under serious pressure by Putin over it's handling of these affairs

This latest episode of propaganda will quickly die down and will be dropped by a compliant media within a day or two and this thread will also go very quiet accordingly. (like the Salisbury 'third suspect')
    There will be a break for a time before the next episode of anti Russia propaganda is prepared for the masses.

Sergey Fedotov?

Were you trying to imply that the third suspect doesn't exist?

This thread has been very interesting and it has highlighted several important things.

First of all, Craig Murray is full of shít. I can't stress this enough.

Second, your "contributions" in trying to paint this as some anti-russian propaganda was very far off the mark. Even as evidence piled in, you persisted. I hope you learn from this and sort out whatever it is about yourself that made you come up with such an incorrect interpretation of what happened. Maybe you're getting your information from dodgy sources with a poor track record? Who knows, but your strategy of laying the blame everywhere but at the foot of Russia is clearly not helping your judgement.

And finally, disinformation is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sergey Fedotov?

Were you trying to imply that the third suspect doesn't exist?

This thread has been very interesting and it has highlighted several important things.

First of all, Craig Murray is full of sh I can't stress this enough.

Second, your "contributions" in trying to paint this as some anti-russian propaganda was very far off the mark. Even as evidence piled in, you persisted. I hope you learn from this and sort out whatever it is about yourself that made you come up with such an incorrect interpretation of what happened. Maybe you're getting your information from dodgy sources with a poor track record? Who knows, but your strategy of laying the blame everywhere but at the foot of Russia is clearly not helping your judgement.

And finally, disinformation is real.
    What evidence and what happened?
    I presume if the GRU wanted Skripal eliminated he would been have promptly eliminated so I have no idea who these two clowns who stayed in a cheap run down hotel and who took public transport are?
    I am interested why the British media was full of stories of the Skripal-Christopher Steele connection in the days after the 'incident' on March 4th and why all references to this connection suddenly stopped?
    Nice personal attack by the way but I'm used to it by now. ;)

• Advertisement

I presume if the GRU wanted Skripal eliminated he would been have promptly eliminated

Argument from personal incredulity (again)

Why did they try and kill Litvinenko with Polonium 210? Almost as if they wanted him to have an agonizing public death, almost as if they wanted to leave absolutely no doubts he was killed by the Russian state, almost as if they want a deterrent to ex-spies and traitors giving away secrets

Likewise why would Kim Jong Un have his half-brother killed with VX nerve gas when it could have been done "quietly" in any number of ways
    so I have no idea who these two clowns who stayed in a cheap run down hotel and who took public transport are?

The rest of the world has an idea who they are. Their neighbours/friends/(ex)colleagues (the one's told not to speak to the media) have an idea who they are. The Russian military records show they know who they are.

You have been asked several times but are unable to give an explanation. Likewise you are unable to provide credible evidence or facts to the contrary. You have no counter-argument.

You seem unable (or unwilling) to process facts/information which run counter to your personally held beliefs and world views, hence you engage in a never-ending stream of personal incredulity. That's fine, it represents the strength of your argument

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

I nearly crashed the van yesterday listening to Him of the double barrel name on RTE1 quoting the latest Bellincat findings. What next? Snopes? How pathetic. Of course this is all hearsay that will never see the inside of a couthouse. But as propaganda it seem to be working. It's called creating consent and it is all going well. But many of us are not so gullible. This guy for example.
    watching from afar as the biggest criminal investigation Britain has ever seen is sub-contracted out to the Atlantic Council/Soros-sponsored website, Bellingcat. Pinch yourself once. Pinch yourself twice. Yes, it really is happening.

It is truly remarkable that having seen millions of pounds spent on an investigation which has failed to give consistent and logical answers to some of the biggest questions in the case, and which has been remarkably economical with the actualité on things like timelines, a website with dubious connections to various neo-conservative organisations has now ridden to the rescue to fill in the gaps which The Met has apparently missed (as an aside neo-conservative is of course a misnomer, since they don’t actually conserve anything. They are in reality neo-Trotskyists, since they are globalists and like destroying stuff). Any taxpayers out there feel like a refund?

The media seems to be having a field day quoting Bellingcat as if it were now the official mouthpiece of The Metropolitan Police and the Government

What evidence and what happened?
    I presume if the GRU wanted Skripal eliminated he would been have promptly eliminated so I have no idea who these two clowns who stayed in a cheap run down hotel and who took public transport are?
    I am interested why the British media was full of stories of the Skripal-Christopher Steele connection in the days after the 'incident' on March 4th and why all references to this connection suddenly stopped?
    Nice personal attack by the way but I'm used to it by now. ;)

If you seriously still believe that they were there for the spire, which by the way is an amazing 123 meters tall, I don't think I believe you. Of all the evidence that we have, it would be one hell of a coincidence if these guys were constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time so many times.

mbur wrote: »
    I nearly crashed the van yesterday listening to Him of the double barrel name on RTE1 quoting the latest Bellincat findings. What next? Snopes? How pathetic. Of course this is all hearsay that will never see the inside of a couthouse. But as propaganda it seem to be working. It's called creating consent and it is all going well. But many of us are not so gullible. This guy for example.

Okay, a religious blog. Interesting.

Care to share with the "sheeple" what really happened to the Skripals?

The bellingcat evidence is from open sources. That is, evidence that's already available from the internet from photos on social media and old, leaked russian databases. If you think that's impossible, that's fine but that's telling us more about yourself than their evidence. Sort of like flat earthers and sovereign citizens. you can check the evidence yourself or you can get your info from some guy's blog. Up to you.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Okay, a religious blog. Interesting.

I was about to check it out. Thanks for saving me the time. Is it as good as Craig "wrong all the time" Murray's blog?

I was about to check it out. Thanks for saving me the time. Is it as good as Craig "wrong all the time" Murray's blog?

This one is definitely a bit more nutty

"The Bible makes it abundantly clear that Jesus Christ will have dominion to the ends of the Earth, and not even anti-Christian fundamentalism can prevent this. Once the nihilistic presuppositions of secularism have brought forth all the kinds of rotten fruit that you might expect nihilistic presuppositions to produce, the nations that rejected God will one day return."

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    This one is definitely a bit more nutty

"The Bible makes it abundantly clear that Jesus Christ will have dominion to the ends of the Earth, and not even anti-Christian fundamentalism can prevent this. Once the nihilistic presuppositions of secularism have brought forth all the kinds of rotten fruit that you might expect nihilistic presuppositions to produce, the nations that rejected God will one day return."

Mmm. Who to believe. Nutters or investigators who provide evidence, some of which is still available on official Russian websites? Yeah. It's a pickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

The bellingcat evidence is from open sources. That is, evidence that's already available from the internet from photos on social media and old, leaked russian databases. If you think that's impossible, that's fine but that's telling us more about yourself than their evidence. Sort of like flat earthers and sovereign citizens. you can check the evidence yourself or you can get your info from some guy's blog. Up to you.
    Sorry dude but yes, I do think it is impossible that there is a provable and reliable chain of evidence here. There isn't even any reliable evidence that the Skripals were exposed to Novichok at all. So cut it out with the veiled insults and stick with the facts for a change. As for getting your info from some guy's blog - Isn't that what you, The BBC, RTE etc, etc, are doing?

Oh and all that straw man stuff about Rob Slane's religious beliefs it does your case no credit. The way I see it, if a believer like him won't swallow the UK governments version of the Skripal case then who will. So lets just consider his many questions about the Skripal case. This in particular:
    Even if the Bellingcat claims turn out to be true, it doesn’t alter this crucial point: The Metropolitan Police has so far failed to provide any convincing evidence that the two suspects they have named walked up to 47 Christie Miller Road and placed “Novichok” on the door handle. They have CCTV footage of the men in Salisbury on 3rd and 4th March. And yet the actual details of their movements that they have given out are in reality non-existent. Perhaps Bellingcat would like to answer the question of why this is. Since they appear to have taken over the investigation, that is.

So while we wait for Bellingcat's next revalation Consider this:
    The truth is we don't know who these men are. we don't know if they are gru. but we know they weren't carrying the necessary safety equipment for the very toxic military grade novichok , since all they had was a small (day) backpack.

So tell me you're gru, you go to brit embassy for a visa, give them bio-metrics and your links to gru offices. and you travel on ‘spy’ passports and you make certain you are visible to cctv and then ensure that an armchair sleuth can seemingly identify you from military records .. So you've outed yourself and contained your future within Russia for the rest of your life. all for, on the face of it, an actor who left the limelight a decade ago.

this is the narrative that your high quality press is telling you and which you think is plausible.

All the while noting that the important actors in this saga have left the stage with the assistance of the UK government, The Skripals and the mysterious Det Sgt Nick Bailey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sorry dude but yes, I do think it is impossible that there is a provable and reliable chain of evidence here. There isn't even any reliable evidence that the Skripals were exposed to Novichok at all.

I take it your not a chemical weapons analysist ?

No

Seems to be plenty of evidence of Novichok was actually used , unlike the russians and their brightest supporters they can't get there stories or conspiracies straight

Advertisement