Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two more victims of "unknown substance" in U.K.

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Gonna trust the British police over some weird blog.

Hours of man work looking through the cctv and finding the two Russians was superb police work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

mbur wrote: »
    It was quite obvious from the outset, when the UK Government came to a conclusion before any evidence had been properly assessed, that any subsequent investigation had already been politicised. There was therefore little hope that the investigation would be impartial, and that if evidence was found to contradict the Government’s assessment, that it would be presented.

All the information in the public (and private sphere) as it came out pointed toward Moscow. It had all the hallmarks of a Kremlin hit from the outset, the Brits also had private intelligence, which directly convinced numerous (even skeptical) countries they shared the info with
    The investigation conducted is badly flawed and frankly incredible because:

The Skripals have not been allowed to give their account of what happened that day to the media, and the media allowed to freely ask questions.

They were immobilised. Afterwards they gave private interviews because they were in direct danger
    There is no thorough account of the two Russian suspects’ movements, just highly selective bits of footage that imply where they went, while leaving out the footage that shows where they did actually go.

Two known GRU agents traveling under aliases visited Salisbury the day before the attack, were tracked on multiple CCTV cameras, then on the day itself, passed the house. They immediately left for Moscow same day. There are no other suspects
    There remains no explanation of the poisoning that is actually scientifically credible.

Was confirmed to be Novichok in a solution sprayed from a bottle

If you have alternative theories with stronger evidence, please share

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The British nearly killed a police man, just to make it look authentic and then left the bottle lying around for some poor woman to be given it and die, because they are are just so careless. They deliberately ruined tourism in the area and shut down businesses just because they are vindictive.

Yeah, no holes in the Russian's obvious attempts at misdirection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

All credit to Rob Slane and others for staying with this one.

Erm, this one has pretty much been conclusively proven. The two "tourists" have been positively identified as GRU from publicly available information on official state websites and social media. The evidence is overwhelming.

The only people supporting the conspiracy theory that the Brits did it are Russian propaganda, people who relay Russian propaganda and people who get fooled by Russian propaganda.

There is a heap of information in this thread and I would advise catching up. Also, just as a piece of general advice - getting your information from someone's blog is like getting your information from some guy down in a pub. You might be lucky and be chatting to a professional about their domain but most of the time it'll be an unqualified bullshítter with an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Erm, this one has pretty much been conclusively proven. The two "tourists" have been positively identified as GRU from publicly available information on official state websites and social media. The evidence is overwhelming.

The only people supporting the conspiracy theory that the Brits did it are Russian propaganda, people who relay Russian propaganda and people who get fooled by Russian propaganda.

There is a heap of information in this thread and I would advise catching up. Also, just as a piece of general advice - getting your information from someone's blog is like getting your information from some guy down in a pub. You might be lucky and be chatting to a professional about their domain but most of the time it'll be an unqualified bullshítter with an opinion.

I not sure this is correct they are positively GRU. They definitely connected with the Russian ministry of defence. Borisov is definitely military.

Putin denial is not helping their case. He claimed they were civilians? We know this to be untrue. They claimed they were fitness instructors, obvious lie now. They were in the correct area the day the Skiprals got attacked.

There still unanswered questions about how both of them got poisoned and when it actually happened. Why Skipral and his daughter turned off their phone for two hours is still a lingering mystery. There no denying the Russians are not telling the truth about the two men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Here is another random guy I met in the youtube pub with his opinion about the Skripal case. His name is George Galloway and I thought I'd share his opinion with my drinking buddies here in the after hours pub. As Rob Shane has pointed out, the UK government don't appear to be so keen to explain their actions and accusations in any plausible way so we can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Here is another random guy I met in the youtube pub with his opinion about the Skripal case. His name is George Galloway and I thought I'd his opinion with my drinking buddies here in the after hours pub. As Rob Shane has pointed out, the UK government don't appear to be so keen to explain their actions and accusations in any plausible way so we can do this.

:D

Here is another random guy I met in the youtube pub with his opinion about the Skripal case. His name is George Galloway and I thought I'd share his opinion with my drinking buddies here in the after hours pub. As Rob Shane has pointed out, the UK government don't appear to be so keen to explain their actions and accusations in any plausible way so we can do this.

Was a big supporter of his when I was against the Iraq war, unfortunately he went into full loon mode afterwards and works for Russia Today (or anyone who will listen to his full-on anti-Western rhetoric)

Craig Murray is back up and running with this one as well. As you might expect the comments section is growing quickly.

Craig Murray is back up and running with this one as well. As you might expect the comments section is growing quickly.

Personal incredulity. No attempt to explain, with evidence, what really happened. identical to Alex Jones style. Still, it gets blog viewers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Personal incredulity. No attempt to explain, with evidence, what really happened. identical to Alex Jones style. Still, it gets blog viewers

Blame the lack of mental health services ,it only encourages people to accept opinion based blogs as actually being factually correct and the information is well researched and documented ,

When it's always personal rants of a sad person with access to a keyboard and broadband

More ducking and diving. Apparently the head of the CIA shows fake photos of dead ducks to President Trump to get him to expel 60 Russians fake photos supplied by the UK government. wow
    Ms. Haspel showed pictures the British government had supplied her of young children hospitalized after being sickened by the Novichok nerve agent that poisoned the Skripals. She then showed a photograph of ducks that British officials said were inadvertently killed by the sloppy work of the Russian operatives

If you’re late joining the party, and don’t understand what is so extraordinary about this, let me spell it out plainly and unambiguously:

Firstly, there were no dead ducks as a result of poisoning. None!

Secondly, there were no children sickened by nerve agent. None!

According to the official story, Mr Skripal and his daughter became contaminated with “Novichok” by touching the handle of his front door at some point between 13:00 and 13:30 that afternoon. A few minutes later (13:45), they were filmed on CCTV camera feeding ducks, and handing bread to three local boys, one of whom ate a piece. After this they went to Zizzis, where they apparently so contaminated the table they sat at, that it had to be incinerated.

You see the problem? According to the official story, ducks should have died. According to the official story children should have become contaminated and ended up in hospital. Yet as it happens, no ducks died, and no boys got sick (all that happened was that the boys’ parents were contacted two weeks later by police, the boys were sent for tests, and they were given the all clear).

If you’re late joining the party, and don’t understand what is so extraordinary about this, let me spell it out plainly and unambiguously:

Firstly, there were no dead ducks as a result of poisoning. None!

According these sources there were dead ducks
    Secondly, there were no children sickened by nerve agent. None!

They were hospitalised after coming into contact with Skripal (meaning they went to hospital)

https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/25/children-hospitalised-poisoned-russian-spy-gave-bread-feed-ducks-7414979/

You see the problem?

You can always try to explain what happened instead of relying on personal incredulity

According these sources there were dead ducks

They were hospitalised after coming into contact with Skripal (meaning they went to hospital)

https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/25/children-hospitalised-poisoned-russian-spy-gave-bread-feed-ducks-7414979/

You can always try to explain what happened instead of relying on personal incredulity

There were no dead ducks There were no sick children,

The Skripal case was widely covered at the time. There were no reports of any children affected by 'Novichok' nor were their any reports of dead ducks. In the official storyline the Skripals, before visiting a restaurant, fed bread to ducks at a pond in the Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury. They also gave duck-bread to three children to do the same. The children were examined and their blood was tested. No poison was found and none of them fell ill. No duck died. (The duck feeding episode also disproves the claim that the Skripals were poisoned by touching a door handle.)

There were no dead ducks There were no sick children,

Yes there were according to the source.

It was also reported over a year ago
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5541823/Children-taken-hospital-Sergei-Skripal-handed-bread-feed-ducks.html
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5894684/russian-spy-sergei-skripal-bread-fears/
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/three-children-taken-hospital-after-12245559

It's known that up to 49 people were taken to hospital over the issue
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43315636

And there's only a certain amount of info that's made public

None of the links you provide verify these newly disclosed assertions that there were dead ducks and sick children. What they do say is that no poison was found and none of the three boys fell ill. No duck died.

The letter by Dr Stephen Davies of Salisbury Hospital on 16 March 2018 to the Times, without any shadow of a doubt, rules out the possibility of hospitalised children.

40+ people were taken to hospital but only three were poisoned. The Skripals and the mysterious DC Bailey.

Gina Haspel was lying to the President.

None of the links you provide verify these newly disclosed assertions that there were dead ducks and sick children. What they do say is that no poison was found and none of the three boys fell ill. No duck died.

There was info that was publicly announced and there was second-hand info from sources

According to the media sources I posted there were dead ducks and children were hospitalised (taken to hospital, lest the semantics begin) The sources were sufficient for those newspapers last year, plus sources on the latest info were sufficient for the NY Times - and the bevvy of outlets which reported on it

It only makes sense for me to go with the NY Times and those papers over your subjective view on the matter
    The letter by Dr Stephen Davies of Salisbury Hospital on 16 March 2018 to the Times, without any shadow of a doubt, rules out the possibility of hospitalised children.

I've read an excerpt from the letter, but it doesn't mention children specifically

The source?

I said:
    There was info that was publicly announced and there was second-hand info from sources
    and none of it supports your assertion that there were dead ducks and sick children,
    According to the media sources I posted there were dead ducks and children were hospitalised (taken to hospital, lest the semantics begin) The sources were sufficient for those newspapers last year, plus sources on the latest info were sufficient for the NY Times - and the bevvy of outlets which reported on it

Agreed and never disputed - people were taken to hospital.

But there were no dead ducks and no sick children.
    It only makes sense for me to go with the NY Times and those papers over your subjective view on the matter

Where have I been subjective? I've not disputed anything there. You are completely misrepresenting what they actually say. Some of the headline are likewise misleading but that is how they sell newspapers these days. The NY Times never mentioned the fact that Gina was placing fake content before the President. Maybe they didn't know, Maybe revealing that fact didn't suit their chosen narrative. Maybe we will never know.

I said:
    I've read an excerpt from the letter, but it doesn't mention children specifically

The source?
    The Times is a British daily national newspaper based in London, England. They published a letter by one Dr Stephen Davies of Salisbury Hospital on 16 March 2018. The clue is in the sentence you quoted which I have reproduced above. That is your source. Peace.

none of it supports your assertion that there were dead ducks and sick children,

The story was run by the NY times (repeated in by other outlets) and before that, last year, in those other newspapers based on sources.

Your assertions on the other hand are subjective, i.e. there sources/stories not being "verified" enough for you

That's fine. It only makes sense for me to go with the papers over your personal view

You wrote:

Possibly, but provide the link for this. I've read (a) letter and it didn't mention children at all, maybe it's a different letter, hence I'm asking for the source

The story was run by the NY times (repeated in by other outlets) and before that, last year, in those other newspapers based on sources.

Your assertions on the other hand are subjective, i.e. there sources/stories not being "verified" enough for you

That's fine. It only makes sense for me to go with the papers over your personal view

I told you that there were no ducks or children harmed in the "Novichok" incidents and you claimed that there were, and that you had sources to prove your version of events. Not one of your sources backs up your claim. Well here is one that verifies that I am right and you are wrong. The Guardian Thu 18 Apr 2019 has this to say.
    No children or ducks harmed by novichok, say health officials

Wiltshire council clarification follows claims Donald Trump was shown images to contrary
    Three adults were poisoned the attack in Salisbury in March last year: Skripal, his daughter Yulia, and the police officer Nick Bailey. Two others, Dawn Sturgess and Charlie Rowley, were poisoned in Amesbury, eight miles (13km) north of Salisbury, in June, with Sturgess later dying. No children are known to have been harmed in either incident.

The fate of ducks on the river close to where the Skripals collapsed has been a source of speculation. It is believed some tests were carried out on dead ducks but they were not found to have been poisoned by novichok.

Asked by the Guardian to comment on the New York Times report, Tracy Daszkiewicz, the director of public health at Wiltshire council, said: “There were no other casualties other than those previously stated. No wildlife were impacted by the incident and no children were exposed to or became ill as a result of either incident.”

• Advertisement

I told you that there were no ducks or children harmed in the "Novichok" incidents and you claimed that there were, and that you had sources to prove your version of events.

That's incorrect.

You made a claim (no dead ducks, no hospitalised children)

I wrote that according to the sources (read what I wrote carefully) I provided there were dead ducks and hosptialised children. Those sources are various newspapers, both more recently, and one a year ago
    Not one of your sources backs up your claim.

It's not "my" claim, it's their claim.
    Well here is one that verifies that I am right and you are wrong. The Guardian Thu 18 Apr 2019 has this to say.

Again your semantics and phrasing is not accurate

The above link you provided challenges those sources.

In relation to the children:
    "Salisbury district hospital said no children were admitted as a result of being exposed to novichok. However, some children were taken to hospital by parents worried they may have been poisoned, or with anxiety."

In relation to the "dead ducks":
    "The fate of ducks on the river close to where the Skripals collapsed has been a source of speculation. It is believed some tests were carried out on dead ducks but they were not found to have been poisoned by novichok."

Did children go to hospital? looks like it
    Were there dead ducks? looks like it

So is it possible Trump was shown photos of children in hospital and dead ducks? yes

Sorry you are having difficulty Donjoe. We will get there in the end.

From the Guardian/NYTimes: The She being Gina Haspel
    QUOTE:
    She also showed the president pictures of young children who had been hospitalised as a result of the Salisbury attack,
    as well as photographs of ducks that had been killed because of the carelessness in handling the deadly nerve agent
    on the part of the two Russian intelligence operatives alleged to have carried out the attack.
    /QUOTE

Yes - the duck feeding children were taken to hospital to be checked.
    i believe this was some two weeks after the Skripal incident.
    Were any children sick or "hospitaised"? - No
    To equate going to hospital for a check to being hospitalsed is a pernicious lie.

Yes - Some random dead ducks were checked for Novichok poisioning.
    Were there ducks dead after contact with Novichok - No
    The smear that ducks died as a result of Russian carelessness is false.

Sorry you are having difficulty Donjoe. We will get there in the end.

Now having any difficulty at all
    She also showed the president pictures of young children who had been hospitalised as a result of the Salisbury attack,
    as well as photographs of ducks that had been killed because of the carelessness in handling the deadly nerve agent
    on the part of the two Russian intelligence operatives alleged to have carried out the attack.

Yes - the duck feeding children were taken to hospital to be checked.
    i believe this was some two weeks after the Skripal incident.
    Were any children sick or "hospitaised"? - No
    To equate going to hospital for a check to being hospitalsed is a pernicious lie.

Yes - Some random dead ducks were checked for Novichok poisioning.
    Were there ducks dead after contact with Novichok - No
    The smear that ducks died as a result of Russian carelessness is false.

Which is why I wrote this:

Not sure why you are getting to het up about this, we're largely in agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement