Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tourist scratches his name into the wall at Auschwitz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Auschwitz is in Poland. Hard to see how the German authorities can do anything.

The Polish Govt has already proven that it can and will give Germany the middle finger.

The guy was an idiot and old enough to know better, but its not an international incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

AnneFrank wrote: »
    I do, just using it to make a point that's all

I know.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Germans take this **** very seriously

Particularly in the early 1940s

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

removed2 wrote: »
    ive reported 6 posts and they still haven't been actioned
    what kind of stasi do we have :confused:

Where's the gestapo when you need them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Particularly in the early 1940s

The Versailles treaty caused ww2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The fact that he'd even touch a historical monument is mind blowing let alone engrave his name into it. The mind boggles at how imiture he is. I've been to new Grange. You aren't allowed to even touch the walls.

The Versailles treaty caused ww2

We all know thats one of the causes. Doesnt excuse mass genocide.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Just in closing serious points made in this thread.

Everybody thinks this guy is a total moron who deserves what he gets.
    Nobody on the thread has expressed the least bit of sympathy for him.

If he has a job there is a good chance he will not have it for much longer.
    I am sure none of the people here cracking jokes would try and defend this knob in any way.

I might make jokes about death but I show the greatest respect in a cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

You'll probably find most Poles think the Holocaust was a fake news story now. They seem to have become quite authoritarian right wing recently.

Don't know where your getting that idea from,they definitely don't think it as a fake news story , but they definitely don't like them been regarded as polish consintrain camps.
    German or natzi camps is acceptable.
    There was a falling out between polish government members and Israel government , when Israel government member called them polish consintrain camps .
    That is where a distancing started towards them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

ZX7R wrote: »
    Don't know where your getting that idea from,they definitely don't think it as a fake news story , but they definitely don't like them been regarded as polish consintrain camps.
    German or natzi camps is acceptable.
    There was a falling out between polish government members and Israel government , when Israel government member called them polish consintrain camps .
    That is where a distancing started towards them

Well you can hardly blame them for that now can you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Davy keogh says hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    . I've been to new Grange. You aren't allowed to even touch the walls.

That's nothing to do with respect though, they don't want anybody figuring out that the whole think is fake and they sold the original to a wealthy Saudi prince back in the 80's

If i was Polish id be pissed off if they were called 'Polish Concentration Camps'. Bit hard to believe really when your country and cities have been wiped out by German and Russian forces.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-AnneFrank, do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

wexie wrote: »
    Well you can hardly blame them for that now can you?

I wasn't blaming them for anything.
    I was showing that the pole's don't consider the Holocaust fake news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If i was Polish id be pissed off if they were called 'Polish Concentration Camps'. Bit hard to believe really when your country and cities have been wiped out by German and Russian forces.

Right. 5 million Poles died in the war and the Nazis believed they were inferior too. As they did with the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I did Nazi that coming.

Allinall wrote:
    That’s gas.

I did Nazi that coming.

Allinall wrote:
    That’s gas.

What are you Waffen on about?

this just isn't Reich

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

38 jaysus was expecting it to be about some 20 year old lad, youd think hed have a bit more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

funk-you wrote:
    The **** lads? They were people.

I find it Hitlarious

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Poor Anne always gets picked on and banned and all she/he does is provide wisdom and fairness in her/his posts. It's frankly unfair and an attic on her/his character, yada yada yada.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

wexie wrote:
    That's nothing to do with respect though, they don't want anybody figuring out that the whole think is fake and they sold the original to a wealthy Saudi prince back in the 80's

I'm not sure about selling it to a Prince but I do agree it does seem fake. It seems to have been made into a salstis in the 1960s rather than 5000 years before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Irish people can dish it out but can't take it.
    I'd put money on it that you're an Irish person.

Where on this thread indicates that those pesky Irish people can dish it out but can't take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

crustybla wrote: »
    Poor Anne always gets picked on and banned and all she/he does is provide wisdom and fairness in her/his posts. It's frankly unfair and an attic on her/his character, yada yada yada.:rolleyes:

She deserves a good hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Knock it off. Anne can't answer or defend him/herself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What this muppet was thinking scraping his name on a wall in such a place. There are an awful lot of dribbling morons about mind you.
    I am banned from the Star Wars forum because I think The Last Jedi was rubbish.
    According to rotten tomatoes, most of the audience agree.
    As do I. Pure drivel.
    wexie wrote: »
    Well it is kinda fake W. It almost certainly didn't look like that originally. The main white wall at the front had to be held together with concrete(not around in the neolithic) because it wasn't self supporting. The entrance is dubious too and more for getting tourists in and out. The whole thing was excavated down to the ground and rebuilt around a concrete frame. It's more funfair than archaeology.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,115 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

What an idiot and 38 years old.

He's had 38 years to perfect his craft.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The fact you think it's funny says it all. What's 6 million innocent people eh

That is a bit self indulgent of you. You are using it for your own reasons.

I suspect many of those who have written silly puns may well give more of a damn than you do but don't worry if others know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Wibbs wrote:
    Well it is kinda fake W. It almost certainly didn't look like that originally. The main white wall at the front had to be held together with concrete(not around in the neolithic) because it wasn't self supporting. The entrance is dubious too and more for getting tourists in and out. The whole thing was excavated down to the ground and rebuilt around a concrete frame. It's more funfair than archaeology.

I'm familiar with the camp ,which wall are you referring to I can't place it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I'm familiar with the camp ,which wall are you referring to I can't place it?

The front quartzite wall.

It was fair to assume it faced the wall though. Replicated in other similar sites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Danzy wrote:
    It was fair to assume it faced the wall though. Replicated in other similar sites.

Ok, I thought it was the inner prison wall where prisoners were regularly shot. I remember seeing several uniformed Israeli soldiers yelling and making the V sign in this area. I thought at the time it was incredibly disrespectful as most of those that perished in Auschwitz were not Jewish. Birkenkau was where the Jews suffered the most.

Advertisement