Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tourist scratches his name into the wall at Auschwitz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

If he thought it was ok to scratch his name onto the wall because it was covered with other names, wait till he reads about their choice in tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

removed2 wrote: »
    you can dress us up but you can't let us out

Family discussions over that way.>

Best of luck to ye though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

What he done wasn't a personal insult to me so no I am not offended. There is a difference between pointing out how disrespectful his actions have been than letting it offend me.

I anticipate it will offend many though and hopefully the punishment will fit the crime.

I certainly amn't offended by silly pun jokes about the Holocaust by little boys on there lap top! Just find it childish, cheap and humourless!

I think you need to acknowledge what the word offence means!

Also lacks class.

Germans take this **** very seriously

Not sure if your hyper drole or being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What a stupid kunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The guy is a grade A tit for vandalising Auschwitz and derserves what he gets but the outrage at the posts on page one is a bit much.

I didn't realise it was an all or nothing affair. Jokes on a forum does not equal support for what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Danzy wrote: »
    Not sure if your hyper drole or being serious.

How do you mean? Such actions inside the camps are taken very seriously by the authorities. It won't be a slap on the wrist he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

What he done wasn't a personal insult to me so no I am not offended. There is a difference between pointing out how disrespectful his actions have been than letting it offend me.

I anticipate it will offend many though and hopefully the punishment will fit the crime.

I certainly amn't offended by silly pun jokes about the Holocaust by little boys on there lap top! Just find it childish, cheap and humourless!

I think you need to acknowledge what the word offence means!

You said "nor do I give a cr*p if eegits want to make jokes".

Clearly you do give a crap.

I don't think any subject is beyond humour. Especially in AH.

I laughed out loud at Post #2. Should I get therapy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's in Poland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

How do you mean? Such actions inside the camps are taken very seriously by the authorities. It won't be a slap on the wrist he gets.

You said Germans take it very seriously but Auschwitz is in Poland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Auschwitz is in Poland. Hard to see how the German authorities can do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MagicThree18

This has got nothing to do with gender and everything to do with upbringing. It's the type of behaviour I would expect from the underclass.

I spent five years in Trinity. Check out the graffiti in the Arts Block toilets and come back to me.

You said "nor do I give a cr*p if eegits want to make jokes".

Clearly you do give a crap.

I don't................. read and analyse my post before you speak. Stop reading into what you want for me to be saying!

As I said I don't care if these eegits want to make such jokes, but that doesn't halt me from having an opinion about the "jokes" themselves.

It isn't that confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Did he take a selfie?
    Y'know for boards likes.

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Auschwitz is in Poland. Hard to see how the German authorities can do anything.

Touche ! Dachau was in my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ah let's not get ahead of ourselves, they weren't that original or funny. I am not offended nor do I give a cr*p if eegits want to make jokes out of a pretty serious historical event but sure whatever keeps you amused.

I think you have to visit one of these camps to acknowledge how horribly disrespectful someone doing this is.

You're correct - they should as they built the concentration camps.

Yer man who left his name above is probably in the good company of other similar eejits there.
    Doesn't excuse his behaviour either way ...

Hyzepher wrote: »
    It's in Poland

Not in some minds, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ah let's not get ahead of ourselves, they weren't that original or funny. I am not offended nor do I give a cr*p if eegits want to make jokes out of a pretty serious historical event but sure whatever keeps you amused.

I think you have to visit one of these camps to acknowledge how horribly disrespectful someone doing this is.

Autzwich is in Poland not Germany.
    Do you think they did this on their own doorstep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What an idiot and 38 years old.

Age matters not when you're an imbecile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I did Nazi that coming.
    What are you Waffen on about?
    frag420 wrote: »
    I think this kind of childish behaviour its atrocious, Anne Frankly I hope I never have to read it again on these boards!!

I have as much of a sense of humour as anyone, but that's just not on. I'm göring to report your posts. I'm absolutely führious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I have as much of a sense of humour as anyone, but that's just not on. I'm göring to report your posts. I'm absolutely führious.

You need to stop right there and bunker down.

Autzwich is in Poland not Germany.
    Do you think they did this on their own doorstep?

They did actually........... plenty of concentration camps in Germany

gozunda wrote: »
    You're correct - they should as they built the concentration camps.

They take it very serious when being contrite and saying it was a great evil, which it obviously was.

They weren't/aren't so contrite when it came to writing cheques or making right in a small way the great wrongs to those who suffered so greatly and died by their millions.

A bit if that would be worth a lot more than the self-flagellation we see, which has become a fetish and self indulgent.

Think a month in jail and 5000 euro fine would be apt for this man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish people can dish it out but can't take it.

If some tourist scrawled the wall where the 1916 leaders were shot or Newgrange the outrage would go through the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

removed2 wrote:

Just because that guy is a bollix doesn't mean the rest of us are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Did he take a selfie?
    Y'know for boards likes.
    omg dis place is so sad :( xxx <3

/duckface

/sexy filters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

removed2 wrote: »
    What's this "us" malarkey dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Danzy wrote: »
    They take it very serious when being contrite and saying it was a great evil, which it obviously was.

They weren't/aren't so contrite when it came to writing cheques or making right in a small way the great wrongs to those who suffered so greatly and died by their millions.

A bit if that would be worth a lot more than the self-flagellation we see, which has become a fetish and self indulgent.

Think a month in jail and 5000 euro fine would be apt for this man.

As far as I know Germany has paid and still pays survivors and Israel.

Irish people can dish it out but can't take it.

If some tourist scrawled the wall where the 1916 leaders were shot or Newgrange the outrage would go through the roof.

No one hear says otherwise. I suspect most would think he should have his face banged off his signature but would settle for jail or a big fine.

The outrage in Poland over the GPO being vandalised would understandably be smaller than here but it would not mean they like seeing monuments defaced. Same applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I had to look up what that meant. I thought maybe the people kept in the camp had scratched their names on the wall. It turns out though that writing your name there is a popular tourist activity. I did a Google search and found a few blogs by people talking about how shocked they were to see graffiti all over a wall.

Some people are fucking weird. It kind of reminds me of the gobshites that write their names on Jim Morrisons grave because they're such massive 'fans'.

It sounds to me like, these people that visited and engraved their names there, had not watched a film or documentary on the place, and how people died, for all of those that did this in such a place, they should be ashamed of themselves, it is terrible that this is happening,

Advertisement