Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tourist scratches his name into the wall at Auschwitz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

AnneFrank wrote:
    What do all the people, including lots and lots of mods, commenting on the traveller thread think of this ? One in particular ? Still on the high horse ???????????????? Wibbs?? Selective racism and discrimination is alive and well with mods on boards

Are you not supposed to take any issue you have with moderation to PM? Am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I had to look up what that meant. I thought maybe the people kept in the camp had scratched their names on the wall. It turns out though that writing your name there is a popular tourist activity. I did a Google search and found a few blogs by people talking about how shocked they were to see graffiti all over a wall.

Yeah that's what struck me about it too! So out of all the fools who were fool enough to write their damn fool name on the wall he was the only one fool enough to get caught?

Also "I wrote my name because other people had done it and then immediately co-operated with the authorities", prick definitely would have been a Nazi.

Can't say I'm finding most of the puns here funny, but not because they're offensive, because most of them are literally word for word reposts of something that was funny the first time someone said it on a forum fifteen years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

AnneFrank wrote: »
    What do all the people, including lots and lots of mods, commenting on the traveller thread think of this ? One in particular ? Still on the high horse ????????????????

What happened in that place is beyond words and what that moron did on his visit is a disgrace.

The jokes here are in bad taste but they are funny.
    If I was running a site I probably would not allow those jokes but no law is been broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

idnkph wrote: »
    Goes to show that a lot of men don't grow up... They just get bigger.

And our toys get more expensive!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Are you not supposed to take any issue you have with moderation to PM? Am I wrong?

Look at his thanks and posts and make your own mind up, totally hypocritical in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the responses on this thread are jewvinile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

In fairness Anne I don't think there is any malice in any of the posts in this thread in contrast to the other one.

What happened in that place is beyond words and what that moron did on his visit is a disgrace.

The jokes here are in bad taste but they are funny.
    If I was running a site I probably would not allow those jokes but no law is been broken.

The fact you think it's funny says it all. What's 6 million innocent people eh

Fann Linn wrote: »
    In fairness Anne I don't think there is any malice in any of the posts in this thread in contrast to the other one.

You could be right, I just find selective racism appalling, especially by mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anne Frank is here throwing a tantrum............this thread has just got bizarre now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

What do all the people, including lots and lots of mods, commenting on the traveller thread think of this ? One in particular ? Still on the high horse ???????????????? Wibbs?? Selective racism and discrimination is alive and well with mods on boards

Shhhhhhhh,they will hear you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

You could be right, I just find selective racism appalling, especially by mods

Says the man who isn't too fond of the Tunisians judging by another after hours thread that's on the go this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

laughter is the best medicine

Look at his thanks and posts and make your own mind up, totally hypocritical in my opinion

I think he is a good moderator you know they are allowed to have an opinion.
    Jesus the site would be so dull if this week's newspeak was crammed down all our necks.

Valid criticism is not hateful racist sexist or any kind of phobic.

I think he is a good moderator you know they are allowed to have an opinion.
    Jesus the site would be so dull if this week's newspeak was crammed down all our necks.

Valid criticism is not hateful racist sexist or any kind of phobic.

Funny that, anyone with a different view on Ssm or abortion wasn't allowed that convenience on boards, they were banned. Again, my point is selective

Maybe it is a good idea to have a look at people's posts and thanks to see if they engage in selective discrimination or are possibly a bit hypocritical calling people out for being offensive and lacking empathy.

Migrants
    The figures would say she has a high chance of been forced upon, if it was my family I'd be ashamed

The homeless
    It would save alot of our national resources if they did die

More than 30 seconds and lord knows what I'd find.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hyzepher wrote: »
    It's in Poland

Now why'd ya go and tell him :):)

You are so wrong I find all violence very upsetting.
    Jokes are a different kettle of fish.

I like to say I hate cats and I make all sorts of jokes about them.
    However, if I saw somebody being cruel to a cat I would hate them with a vengeance.
    I am somebody who really likes cats.:confused:

Maybe it is a good idea to have a look at people's posts and thanks to see if they engage in selective discrimination or are possibly a bit hypocritical calling people out for being offensive and lacking empathy.

Migrants

The homeless

More than 30 seconds and lord knows what I'd find.

Yes posts totally out of context and tongue in cheek well done,pathetic

You are so wrong I find all violence very upsetting.
    Jokes are a different kettle of fish.

I like to say I hate cats and I make all sorts of jokes about them.
    However, if I saw somebody being cruel to a cat I would hate them with a vengeance.
    I am somebody who really likes cats.:confused:

So joking about 6million people, family, and kids is ok ? Gassed and burnt alive is akin to a cat ? Yes good point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

As are the posts on this thread.

Funny that, anyone with a different view on Ssm or abortion wasn't allowed that convenience on boards, they were banned. Again, my point is selective

Funny enough I agree with you but boards are privately owned and different moderators have different interpretations of the board rules.

Jokes are humour but on the serious side, you do not see anybody defending the 38-year-old moron that did this.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    As are the posts on this thread.

How are they out of context in this thread, lunacy if you can't see the difference, if you asked a holocost survivor do you honestly think they would agree ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Funny that, anyone with a different view on Ssm or abortion wasn't allowed that convenience on boards, they were banned.

No they weren't, or at least not if they managed to convey those opinions in a respectful and non offensive manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

This thread has reached the end of the line.

Did it even have a start?

Whereas the ones here are obviously meant to be dead serious?

Tongue in cheek posts about people who are alive now being raped, or saving us money by dying are grand, but jokes about people dying seventy years ago are just too far over the line?

You've outdone yourself, even as someone whose username (under which you post some of the meanest spirited bile I've had the misfortune to read on this site) is, what, a mark of respect?

:rolleyes:

So joking about 6million people, family, and kids is ok ? Gassed and burnt alive is akin to a cat ? Yes good point

You know in your heart that is not what I meant and you're twisting my words.

Funny enough I agree with you but boards are privately owned and different moderators have different interpretations of the board rules.

Jokes are humour but on the serious side, you do not see anybody defending the 38-year-old moron that did this.

That's my grievance cinema, it's like the journal.ie . It's not journalism as we know it, it's propaganda by the mods with their opinions, disagree and your banned

You know in your heart that is not what I meant and you're twisting my words.

I do, just using it to make a point that's all

• Advertisement

That's my grievance cinema, it's like the journal.ie . It's not journalism as we know it, it's propaganda by the mods with their opinions, disagree and your banned

I am banned from the Star Wars forum because I think The Last Jedi was rubbish.
    According to rotten tomatoes, most of the audience agree.

That is just life.:)

Advertisement