Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing programs

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Thanks FrozenFrozen yes its just to join clips. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adamkeane1

They're expensive, but Adobe Premiere Pro is great for a Windows machine, and Final Cut Pro was equally great when I had a macbook. They had very similar layout and controls also, which made switching between the 2 very easy. I think Final Cut has a new, very different layout recently though, and I haven't tried it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Now a user of MAGIX VEGAS PRO 15 (Product no longer called SONY VEGAS). Presently using build 361. Text on transparent background is annoyingly difficult but other good experience so far with it. Interested to hear if anybody else uses Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Looking for an easy to use video editing software package.

Specifically for blurring/pixelating out people's faces.Tracking the faces would be involved too.

Anyone use Adobe premier pro..?

Or any other recommendations..?

Don't mind spending money if it's easy to use.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Davinci resolve has a very good tracker. The lite version is free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Davinci resolve has a very good tracker. The lite version is free

Thanks for that..I'll give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

stratowide wrote: »
    Thanks for that..I'll give it a look.

It's a bit hard to use at first but worth sticking with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Looking for a free software recommendation to sync audio and video in a file. The file I have is a wedding summary video but audio not in time with video, simpler the better as that's all i need to do is move audio track a fraction of a second. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Looking for a free software recommendation to sync audio and video in a file. The file I have is a wedding summary video but audio not in time with video, simpler the better as that's all i need to do is move audio track a fraction of a second. Thanks!

VLC can do this I think - drag your video into VLC, go to 'window' - 'track synchronization' and nudge up or down until it's in sync. Then save it and export it some way? (I'm not clear how easy the exporting bit is)

Or if that doesn't work download 'Avid Media Composer First' (free version of Avid) pull it in there, nudge the audio until it's in sync and export it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

pm1977x wrote: »
    VLC can do this I think - drag your video into VLC, go to 'window' - 'track synchronization' and nudge up or down until it's in sync. Then save it and export it some way? (I'm not clear how easy the exporting bit is)

Or if that doesn't work download 'Avid Media Composer First' (free version of Avid) pull it in there, nudge the audio until it's in sync and export it.

Thank you i'll keep in mind for future work, turns out I realised the issue this time was that my media player had audio set at 0.6 seconds ahead to compensate for other videos I was watching and I never reset it...so the sync was actually fine on this one :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭barryribs

I've been using Corel Video Studio Pro 2020 for the past 18 months or so and find it pretty good in terms of functionality but the performance is awful. Regular crashes, unresponsive and freezing.

I've been looking at Magix and Premier Pro, but is the only option for Premier pro on subscription now?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Been using Adobe Premiere since 2005, but I also snagged Movavi Suite to mix things up recently.

In short, M-Suite is a collection of tools, including a Video Editor, Video Converter, Video Viewer, Video Splitter, AI Upscaler, Screen Recorder, Sound Recorder, Audio Converter, CD Burner, Music Player, Image Converter (and various other tools).

It may be a Video Editing thread, but any good Editor will also be prepared to tackle images and sound for their vids, so it's a handy suite for odd jobs that crop up.

Regarding the Video Editor ("Movavi Video Editor Plus 2021"), it's very lightweight and has some nifty features. Not quite as powerful as Adobe Premiere, but still a solid editor for people wanting to try their hand at it.

If you're a HumbleBundle enjoyer, keep an eye out for deals. I snagged the Editor by itself for about 20e last month on Humble and noticed a Steam deal to upgrade that Editor into Suite for another 20e a week later. Considering the wealth of tools it provided me, it was worth it, but I would not pay the maximum price for either one - not when I already have Premiere, Handbrake, Audacity, Photoshop, etc.

Random odd-job examples: I used it to convert my 8gigs of music into similar quality (and convert all those pesky WAV and OGG files along the way), saving about 5gigs of space with no loss of quality. The AI Upscaler helped me save some quality when trying to increase the size of ancient videos I made as a teenager (back when I was making videos at 300p). Then, I turned a bunch of them into animated GIFs for portfolio purposes.

Oh, and editing videos, of course. Here's something I cooked up on the day of purchase. I focused on memes and sounds to try and fill the sequence bar and get a feel for all the tools. Truthfully, Premiere is better - especially at delicate keyframe animations and file/sequence management, but there are times when I will favour Movavi for specific types of videos.

Here's me turning Monster Hunter Rise into a Street Fighter meme as an editing practice/test.

https://youtu.be/S5fjKX_BA54?t=55

PS. Fast-forwarded it a little due to the intro containing brief (but very loud )profanity.

Advertisement