Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

KevIRL wrote: »
    Gave the three amigos one a whirl, but couldn't stand it. The $hite talk about giroud's looks was the final straw

2 guys 1 cup do a weekly roundup of the pressers

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

COH wrote: »
    Used 2FT and went Mendy > Holebas and Ings > Arnie. I like the look of Watfords fixtures and Arnie seems great value even though I missed his rise.

Will get Mendy back in after the int. break if he looks like becoming a regular again

Holebas could be banned by then anyway .......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Struggling to pick a team. Have one ft. Wildcard used in week 2. Have 3 Liverpool. 3 city. 3 palace . 2 wolves and 2 Arsenal . Should I be using the Free Hit or will I regret that later on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

km79 wrote: »
    Holebas could be banned by then anyway .......

Have Bennett/AWB aka the two horsemen of the cheapocolypse ready to come in if/when the inevitable happens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It was aguero to kane or salah/mane to hazard for me. Hazard's fixtures, mid-week rests, form and the fact Aguero is doing well swung it for me. Hazard in for Mane and captained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Struggling to pick a team. Have one ft. Wildcard used in week 2. Have 3 Liverpool. 3 city. 3 palace . 2 wolves and 2 Arsenal . Should I be using the Free Hit or will I regret that later on ?

Would help to post your full team but I'm almost certain you'll be advised to hold it.

I see no issue having 5 players in the Wolves v Palace game if they are mostly defenders. Think it'll be low scoring.

Would help to post your full team but I'm almost certain you'll be advised to hold it.

I see no issue having 5 players in the Wolves v Palace game if they are mostly defenders. Think it'll be low scoring.

Ederson Patricio
    TAA Van Dijk AWB Monreal Daniels
    Salah. D Silva. Jorgino. Ramsey. MacArthur
    Lukaku. Aguero . Zaha

Ederson Patricio
    Lukaku. Aguero . Zaha

Any money in the bank?
    Daniels needs to go as he isn't playing.

Femenia or Zabaleta are good options at 4.3m
    Jorgino could also go. Maybe to Will Hughes.

Other than that I'd bench TAA and McArthur.

Edit: I only see 1 Wolves player?

Any money in the bank? Daniels needs to go as he isn't playing.

Femenia or Zabaleta are good options at 4.3m Jorgino could also go. Maybe to Will Hughes.

Other than that I'd bench TAA and McArthur.

Only 0.1 In bank . I think Daniel's is back this weekend . Jorgino you're prob right there. Thanks for the opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson Patricio
    Lukaku. Aguero . Zaha

Maybe bank this week and then downgrade Lukaku to Arnie/Mitro and use the cash to upgrade Jorginho/MacArthur or Daniels over the next few weeks. Something like:

Lukaku to Arnie
    Daniels to Mendy
    Jorginho to Maddison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will do a -8 I think.

Salah to Hazard
    Aubameyang to Kane
    Walcott to Knockaert

Might wait til tomorrow before making those moves. Been playing way too safe so far this season & OR has suffered. Kept faith in Salah & Aubameyang for too long while ignoring the in-form players. Time to change tactics...

Hennessy
    Alonso Duffy Pereira
    Hazard Maddison Fraser Moura
    Aguero Kane
    Hamer Wan-B Bennett Guendozi

1ft and 2.3m to spend.

Not sure whether to bank or upgrade Fraser.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Think I might do Salah and Kun to Hazard and Kane for a minus -4. I will be wildcarding next GW so this is my pre wildcard punt. Salah might drop tomorrow night and Hazard will rise tonight. Plus I think Kane will be a slight differential in my main leagues. I could also swap DSilva to Maddison either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im not boarding now felt last week was the time to do it to get the 2 easy games in.

Just out of interest what podcasts do you listen to?

Jay egersdorf does a weekly thing. Never longer than 15 mins that i find very good. He is world no 1 in FFS hall of fame has had a tough start this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Didn’t bother going Aguero to Kane.

Have gone Foster to Hart. Sick of Foster and him letting a clean sheet slip just after the 4 extra points pop up for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might gamble on keeping Pedro after all. Might do Zaha to Mitrovic instead and leave it at that.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Also interested in this. FF Scout, Always Cheating, WGTA and FMLFPL my current ones.
    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Tried a few lately but am leaning towards The FPL General one (The 59th Minute) and 3 Amigos FPL Show as regular listens.

I'll probably go with Kane in the end anyway and end up a foddery non playing 5th defender.
    Jay egersdorf does a weekly thing. Never longer than 15 mins that i find very good. He is world no 1 in FFS hall of fame has had a tough start this year though.

Cheers lads much appreciated

The only one I'm listening too atm and it is more of a football one then FPL is from statsbomb with Ted Knutson they put out a few really good articles each week too

https://statsbomb.com/

https:/soundcloud.com/statsbomb-pod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Bernardo Silva and Eriksen out

Mata and Son in

Could be a masterstroke or disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Banking after a successful start to my WC last week. There was severe temptation to get Kane in, but can't do it without being less happy with my team overall. I realise now that getting him in on the WC for Huddersfield and Cardiff and moving back to Aguero for the Burnley game would have been the way to go, but too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Zabaleta and Diop are both 4.3...two tricky games coming up but then they've a great run.

Thanks for this.

I’m set on Leno in and Foster out and to enable it need to move on Rico who seems to have lost his place any way.

Options to replace Rico are
    Zaba
    Diop
    Kenny
    Kiko Femina

Leno Hamer
    AWB Bennet Trippier Robertson A.N Other

Will be my 6.

• Advertisement

Would love to get some word on Ramsey within the next 4-5 hours before I finalise my team and head to bed.

Anyone know what time the Emery presser is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Kane and Bednarek in for Aguero and Shaw.....feeling mildly underwhelmed at the minute but a Kane captain non-fail will cheer me up I guess.

Not happy with bringing in a non playing player but have a solid back four (Alonso, TAA, Wan-B and Doherty) so it shouldn't be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Would love to get some word on Ramsey within the next 4-5 hours before I finalise my team and head to bed.

None today. Think it was post match yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He did a post match one last night so there won't be one today. All he said about Ramsey was "Aubameyang and Aaron are in London and we will look to see if they can play."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think it was one of those knocks like players get before in the internationals

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think it was one of those knocks like players get before in the internationals

It was BS about being with his pregnant partner.

I’m sure he’ll want to make himself available for the league game though.

Hope Emery tells him to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Did Neves to Maddison. Will hold onto Fraser for another while and hopefully he'll outscore Knockaert

It was BS about being with his pregnant partner.

I’m sure he’ll want to make himself available for the league game though.

Hope Emery tells him to stay at home.

Wait what?

His partner is not pregant or he lied anout staying home with her?

Wait what?

His partner is not pregant or he lied anout staying home with her?

No.

He didn’t make himself available for the European game beacuse his partner is pregnant.

I’m not sure how far along she is but to me it’s obviously just an excuse as he doesn’t want to play in Europa League and wants to keep himself available for the league.

I would like to see Emery take away his minutes and go with a player that isn’t playing for a Bosman and will be still there next season.

Like Iwobi for example. That guy deserves a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Stick or hold on Lamela.

Another goal mid week vs Barca. Surely he's knocking on the the door to start now.

Advertisement