Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Interesting that you don't think Kane will outscore Aguero by 20 points. I think he will. But I think it's about having them at the right time etc. I've had Aguero GW1-7 and he's been excellent. I've gotten rid for Gameweek 8 and he's straight back in for GW9.

This. Quoting what a player will score over a season is pretty irrelevant. We have transfers. The core point of the game is moving onto these guys at the right time. I may well sell Kane again after this week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone else thinking of taking a punt on Leno? Thinking of switching to him from Ederson to free up a city slot but worried Cech will get back in in a couple of games when he is fit - Leno could be good value though. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Anyone else thinking of taking a punt on Leno? Thinking of switching to him from Ederson to free up a city slot but worried Cech will get back in in a couple of games when he is fit - Leno could be good value though. Hmmm

People have been salivating here at the thought of him for weeks. Depends how he plays whether he stays there I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I currently have Ederson and Hennessey and was looking at alternatives to free up cash to go in the KdB fund. I think Ryan after his price drops will be great value given his upcoming fixtures. I'll also bring in Fab and rotate to suit fixtures. I'd feel more comfortable having these pair for 8.9 instead of Leno and some dud for 8.8. Will have to take a hit to get there but should save 1.3 and have a keeper with a decent fixture each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mentioned it here when Cech got injured on sat. Should definitely rise in value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'll either bank or punt on Ings to Deeney/Gray. I like the look of Watfords next few fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

I am thinking of swapping Aguerio and Mendy for Kane and T.A.A. do people think this would be a wise move. I have two free transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks guys - some good suggestions / analysis there re Leno - might take the risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You'll do well to get 4 games out of Leno and he won't get many clean sheets the way arsenal defend. I'd say he's a waste of 2 transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You'll do well to get 4 games out of Leno and he won't get many clean sheets the way arsenal defend. I'd say he's a waste of 2 transfers.

Nonsense, thats the end of Cech. Leno is a great pick up, 4.8 for a top 6 goalie is a steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have 1 FT this GW

Currenty looking at

Aguero & Ricky out

Kane (C) & Knockaert in for a -4

Thinking of WC'ing during int break anyway, anyone any thoughts?

Can't shake Kane scoring big vs a poor Cardiff side

Green&Red wrote:
    Nonsense, thats the end of Cech. Leno is a great pick up, 4.8 for a top 6 goalie is a steal

Any quotes to back that up? Cech was first choice last week and man of the match so I doubt he'll be on the bench for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody know what’s the story with Lingard? Need to decide between him & Silva for the chop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭skippy15

Quick one: mendy and ings (2FT)

A) Holebas and arnie
    B) Robertson and Jiminez:

Anybody know what’s the story with Lingard? Need to decide between him & Silva for the chop

Barring 2 maybe 3 players at united predicting who will play from one game to the next is near impossible, if you can wait untill the press conference do, Jose gives more away about his teams then pep although I can't imagine Lingard will take up much of the questioning

• Registered Users Posts: 48,136 ✭✭✭✭km79

That's an extremely easy decision
    Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Any quotes to back that up? Cech was first choice last week and man of the match so I doubt he'll be on the bench for the rest of the season.

He’s hardly going to come out and say “that’s it for Cech” but that’s it for Cech. They bought a new keeper for 25m, he has to come in at some stage and this is it

Head melted all week. Don’t know what to do.

Usually trick around with my team and screenshot all changes.

Then when I look back through my screenshots it looks more obvious to what I should do.

Not this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Salah and Schurle out for Hazard and Frazer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Head melted all week. Don’t know what to do.

Usually trick around with my team and screenshot all changes.

Then when I look back through my screenshots it looks more obvious to what I should do.

Not this week.

Bank?

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote:
    He’s hardly going to come out and say “that’s it for Cech†but that’s it for Cech. They bought a new keeper for 25m, he has to come in at some stage and this is it

Wishful thinking on your part I think. He's always raving about Cech in post match interviews so it's a wait and see for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bank?

This is usually pretty good advice where there is nothing urgent wrong and no move that's grabbing you.

Bank?

Have 2 FT’s but I think I’ve come up with a plan.

About 3 weeks late doing it but hey ho.

Although it involves selling Ramsey whom I’ve only got in 2 weeks ago but I’ve a feeling Iwobi will start to eat into his minutes. Could be a huge mistake prior to his Fulham game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What's the plan?

Have 2 FT’s but I think I’ve come up with a plan.

About 3 weeks late doing it but hey ho.

Although it involves selling Ramsey whom I’ve only got in 2 weeks ago but I’ve a feeling Iwobi will start to eat into his minutes. Could be a huge mistake prior to his Fulham game though.

Ah 2FTs. Nice position to be in if you cant see a move. Gives a chance to do a relatively sideways move that you might not do otherwise.

Palace fixtures about to go horrible. Consider Hennessey out to Ryan, Patricio or Fabianski. RMT predicts they all outscore Hennessey over the next 6 gameweeks Ryan (3.61pts), Patricio (3.36pts) and Fab (2.72pts). Ryan's fixtures look especially nice and particularly from GW12.

Keeper switches are tough to fit in at the best of times unless you have a WC, with yours gone this is an ideal chance.

Can still hold the second FT then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Palace fixtures about to go horrible. Consider Hennessey out to Ryan, Patricio or Fabianski. RMT predicts they all outscore Hennessey over the next 6 gameweeks Ryan (3.61pts), Patricio (3.36pts) and Fab (2.72pts). Ryan's fixtures look especially nice and particularly from GW12.
    Ryan is less than a thousand transfers from a price drop while Hennessey is approaching a rise, a good performance this weekend should tip him over. Wait until after this weekend to bring in Ryan for Hennessey and you could be 0.2 better off. I will be doing something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,136 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    This is usually pretty good advice where there is nothing urgent wrong and no move that's grabbing you.

I am between banking and playing fraser away to Watford
    Or selling Townsend for Knockaert and benching Fraser

An extra FT after int break would be handy but I have to move Townsend on either way ......
    I’ll have enough for cook to Mendy after as well

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Ryan is less than a thousand transfers from a price drop while Hennessey is approaching a rise, a good performance this weekend should tip him over. Wait until after this weekend to bring in Ryan for Hennessey and you could be 0.2 better off. I will be doing something similar.

Ryan been hanging on grimly for a while now. He isnt even in the bottom 10 at the moment. The Friday night deadline (ssssh) might save him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone else thinking of not boarding the Kane Train?

Listening to a couple of podcasts and read a few articles this week and I'm not convinced either way yet.

Haven't seen a lot of Spurs this season but saw a bit of Kane at the World Cup and he looked wrecked imho; saw a bit of the Huddersfield match and he still wasn't great.....but 2 goals from 3 shot all the same.:confused::confused:

And...heard a bit of the BBC 5 Live commentary last night and they said that Kane looked much fresher, sharper against Barca than he had in recent games.:confused::confused::confused:

But....Spurs have relatively poor fixtures after Cardiff, and any move I make for him will involve getting rid of Aguero.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have 2FT's so the likely move would be Shaw to 4.0M fodder and Aguero to Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of not boarding the Kane Train?

Listening to a couple of podcasts and read a few articles this week and I'm not convinced either way yet.

Haven't seen a lot of Spurs this season but saw a bit of Kane at the World Cup and he looked wrecked imho; saw a bit of the Huddersfield match and he still wasn't great.....but 2 goals from 3 shot all the same.:confused::confused:

And...heard a bit of the BBC 5 Live commentary last night and they said that Kane looked much fresher, sharper against Barca than he had in recent games.:confused::confused::confused:

But....Spurs have relatively poor fixtures after Cardiff, and any move I make for him will involve getting rid of Aguero.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have 2FT's so the likely move would be Shaw to 4.0M fodder and Aguero to Kane.

I am not, I have two free transfers but i like the shape and distribution of funds in my team too much to change it.

The only way I would consider it is Salah out, but I dont know if I am committed to Salah over Mane

Advertisement