Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

Worth a -4 for the following:

Kun > Kane (c)
    Dilva > Lucas

Would probably need another -4 to bring in MCI cover for next game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Have 2 transfers to make so going with Aguero > Kane & Richarlison > Hughes. Planning to wildcard in GW10 due to change in fixtures, so can revisit then. Needed to free up 0.8 to get Kane in so happy enough. Watford home to Bournemouth this week, and just not been overly impressed with Richarlison. Seems similar to last year, one good week in 7/8. Kane is a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Everything pointing toward a third bank of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Theres so much I could/want to do, but WCing once the deadline passes.

Tempted by Lakaku to Vardy, just to make up a few points this GW, but then fully expect Utd to start scoring if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Thinking of Kane in for aguero and hazard in for salah for a -4 then wildcarding next week. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is nobody worried about CL hangover from Kane and that he prob wont be getting the full 90.He has played alot of minutes?Augero has playes alot less minutes and that Liverpool game could be free scoring

I got Son in for Pogba and Sucess for Long .
    My question is do I play Robertson ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

No.

He didn’t make himself available for the European game beacuse his partner is pregnant.

I’m not sure how far along she is but to me it’s obviously just an excuse as he doesn’t want to play in Europa League and wants to keep himself available for the league.

I would like to see Emery take away his minutes and go with a player that isn’t playing for a Bosman and will be still there next season.

Like Iwobi for example. That guy deserves a chance.
    You've said this a few times and I'm not sure what it's based on. Sounds like some conspiracy theory to me. Not saying his levels of motivation hasn't reduced as he draws closer to an exit from the club but I'm not quite sure if he's 'obviously' making excuses so he doesn't have to play Europa League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Townsend to knockaert and bench Fraser
    Or
    Play Fraser bench Townsend and bank FT

What ye reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bank the transfer and do 
    Silva / Aguero to Salah / Mitrovic next week
    or
    take a hit and do it this week?

Will Salah / Mitro minus 4 outscore Silva / Aguero?
    Hmmmm

km79 wrote: »
    Or

What ye reckon

I’m not being contrary but I’d play Townsend and bank FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Probably going to do Ramsey to Mad Dog Maddison. Will then leave me exact funds to do Success to Arnie the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

With a Bench of Hamer, Doherty, Fraser and TAA I am considering Bench Boost - the not playing goalkeeper notwithstanding.....what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'd say Ramsey is highly motivated to perform to maximize his pay day when he leaves. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is nobody worried about CL hangover from Kane and that he prob wont be getting the full 90.He has played alot of minutes?Augero has playes alot less minutes and that Liverpool game could be free scoring

I got Son in for Pogba and Sucess for Long .
    My question is do I play Robertson ?

Why wouldn't he get the full 90? It's international break after this GW so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Liverpool defensively are very strong at home and Aguero's record in Anfield is terrible IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m not being contrary but I’d play Townsend and bank FT.

Also playing Hennessy and AWB
    Not sure I'm feeling triple palace !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

mectavba wrote: »
    With a Bench of Hamer, Doherty, Fraser and TAA I am considering Bench Boost - the not playing goalkeeper notwithstanding.....what do you think?

I would suggest waiting till a Double Gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why wouldn't he get the full 90? It's international break after this GW so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Liverpool defensively are very strong at home and Aguero's record in Anfield is terrible IIRC.

Plus Spurs aren't exactly flush with dependable attackers to replace kane. He'll get plenty of minutes unless injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Or

What ye reckon

Down to Knockaert Vs Fraser?

I prefer Fraser this GW but not by much. Losing Townsend though at this point plus Knockaert having good fixtures is a good idea. So I'm 50/50.

Maybe saving the FT for the break leans me towards leaving it alone and saving the transfer.

Hoping you don't get stung then by Knockaert on that night he is playing this weekend that shall go unmentioned... As good a cheaper option as he is though he's probably still more likely to score nothing than something any given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just had to choose about whether to go Richarlision to either knockeart,Fraser or Hughes. Went with Knockaert, as those fixtures are insane.

Yeah. I was looking at it as one game thing.

Upcoming fixtures considered I’d sell Townsend as Brighton have some great fixtures coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any other time the idea of switching a forward playing Wolves to one playing Arsenal would seem like madness. Zaha has been picking up points but hasn't been overly impressive plus the fixture tide is turning. Would much rather own Mitrovic at this point. And honestly this season it seems Wolves are tighter than Arsenal, at present at least.

I could just keep Zaha and have 2FT to cover the break but I've a wildcard in hand and an itchy trigger finger so it can be called on if a few players drop.

So to go with my gut and transfer Zaha to Mitrovic or go by old reputation where Wolves are supposed to be the side who concede more?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was wrestling with Fraser to Knockaert for a -4 which seemed too risky. Will look at bringing him in if he does deliver this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ings and Zaha to Mitro and Arnie for a -4...

Yay or nay?

Want them both long term and funds are tight so ideally I'd like them both this week so I don't have to be keeping an eye on price changes over the ib.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭COH

Ings and Zaha to Mitro and Arnie for a -4...

Yay or nay?

Want them both long term and funds are tight so ideally I'd like them both this week so I don't have to be keeping an eye on price changes over the ib.

100% yay for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Or

What ye reckon

Bank imo 2 ft’s After the break could be a different picture

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m wildcarding at 9:30 this evening anyway, so it’s gotta be Son for a one week punt right?

CSF wrote: »
    I’m wildcarding at 9:30 this evening anyway, so it’s gotta be Son for a one week punt right?

You meant tomorrow. Shh

But yes Son for a Spurs player this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm behind on all my money leagues do I do a -4 Kun/Richarlison to Lennon/Kane for a quick gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You meant tomorrow. Shh

But yes Son for a Spurs player this week

Part of me wants to do a mental Salah/Kun to Kane/Son this week :p

Especially with Salahs price drop!

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Part of me wants to do a mental Salah/Kun to Kane/Son this week :p

Especially with Salahs price drop!

Honestly I think they're decent moves if you can reverse them back in! I did it. If it works it'll be heaven

Advertisement