Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I like Schaub. He's a meat-head and some of his opinions are all over the shop, but he has genuine contacts and insight. He's also been there and done it so it's interesting to hear his points of view.

Also, he's paying for Ray Borg's child's medical bills which is a pretty classy thing to do. I wonder if Conor himself has donated any money, considering the combination of the story last week about him donating €10k to that other young lad and the fact that Ray Borg was left unable to earn money after Conor and his goons did what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I like Schaub. He's a meat-head and some of his opinions are all over the shop, but he has genuine contacts and insight. He's also been there and done it so it's interesting to hear his points of view.

Also, he's paying for Ray Borg's child's medical bills which is a pretty classy thing to do. I wonder if Conor himself has donated any money, considering the combination of the story last week about him donating €10k to that other young lad and the fact that Ray Borg was left unable to earn money after Conor and his goons did what they did.

I'm sure that money with interest is being pursued through the lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Anyone on the 16.40 london to Vegas today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭xtal191

I just watched Schaub and Joe Rogan there. Schaub saying he won't go because he fears violence between the Irish and the Russians? What are ****ing arsehole.

Honestly cant stand him, don't find him funny at all and he comes out with so much bull****.

But I've a lot of respect for him, he's done amazingly well for himself post MMA and that gesture to Borg was very classy. Cant hate on him for any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Commanchie wrote: »
    I did that flight yesterday, same time if that's any good to ya. Stock up the iPad full of stuff from Netflix because the on board entertainment was poor enough! But overall a fairly comfortable flight. Top tip - don't bother with the normal que for immigration,as long as you have your esta done already there's a self service area on the very right hand side. We were through it in five mins. Met a guy from our flight who didn't know about it and they were 2.5hrs going thru immigration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

dulux99 wrote: »
    I did that flight yesterday, same time if that's any good to ya. Stock up the iPad full of stuff from Netflix because the on board entertainment was poor enough! But overall a fairly comfortable flight. Top tip - don't bother with the normal que for immigration,as long as you have your esta done already there's a self service area on the very right hand side. We were through it in five mins. Met a guy from our flight who didn't know about it and they were 2.5hrs going thru immigration
    Whats the atmosphere in Vegas like? Have you been to other McGregor fights there? How does it compare?

D.Q wrote: »
    Whats the atmosphere in Vegas like? Have you been to other McGregor fights there? How does it compare?
    Yeah this is my fourth trip. Vegas was very very quiet last night just in general but even the other times I felt like things never kicked off until the Thursday anyway. Will be able to give a better answer this evening after the presser. Plenty of Irish around already though and a good shot of young fellas who were probably too young in 2015. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Enjoy lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

D.Q wrote: »
    Yeah this is my fourth trip. Vegas was very very quiet last night just in general but even the other times I felt like things never kicked off until the Thursday anyway. Will be able to give a better answer this evening after the presser. Plenty of Irish around already though and a good shot of young fellas who were probably too young in 2015. Good to see.
    Brilliant man cheers for the info, very jealous. Pop back in to the thread later on (if you remember/are bothered) and gis an update on the atmosphere! Would be very interested to see how it compares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BforBarney

Just went to sign up for eir sports, €30 a month, minimum of 2 months come to €60 plus a €15 connection fee, so that's €75 to watch the fight, I get that there's lads heading to vegas and fair play to yee have fun, but for a casual fan like myself I think I'll have to give it a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

What rumours are these guys talking about? Whatsapp must be quiet cause i havent seen anything posted here other than the foot injury / issue and thats a week or two old now. I know he talked about not liking the weight cut on the maclife interview but i didnt think Conor had a hard time making 155.

Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just watching luke thomas there says it very quiet, no posters of conor at airport or hotels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just watching luke thomas there says it very quiet, no posters of conor at airport or hotels etc

Id say its more to do with not needing to and also Conor not meeting them on the majority of the media obligations, Not that i believe Dana and i could see it hitting 2m at a push but just look at all the prefight coverage and the numbers embedded and the other stuff is bringing in. Think its just we havent had the build up we are used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

MarkJD wrote: »
    Id say its more to do with not needing to and also Conor not meeting them on the majority of the media obligations, Not that i believe Dana and i could see it hitting 2m at a push but just look at all the prefight coverage and the numbers embedded and the other stuff is bringing in. Think its just we havent had the build up we are used to!
    I wonder if they factor in the rise of iptv and quality streams when they look at the metrics (views on press conference from youtube etc). The amount of people I know with dodgy IPTV providers has gone through the roof over the last couple of years. I'm guessing there's plenty of people on the IPTV train stateside as well. Surely this will put a bit of a dent in the UFC's projected ppv estimates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pighead wrote: »
    The amount of people I know with dodgy IPTV providers has gone through the roof over the last couple of years.

Yep, everyone I know has a "dodgybox" or IPTV these days

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone have a rough idea of what time tonight's presser will be Irish time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

11pm - link in the event thread sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Axwell wrote: »
    11pm - link in the event thread sticky.

So around midnight by the time Conor actually arrives then :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you're lucky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Conor is going to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

theballz wrote: »
    Conor is going to lose.

Cool story bra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

theballz wrote: »
    Conor is going to lose.

He might. He might not.

dave1982 wrote: »

I have noticed this tbh, went over to the mgm last night to see the famous cage they put up in the reception and it wasn't there. Granted the last few events I've been to were in the mgm grand garden arena but I thought the T-Mobile was owned by MGM anyway so I was expecting to see it. In saying that, there are posters and digital billboards everywhere with posters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Notice McGregor's wearing his Grandfather's hat everywhere, if he wears it tonight I can see Khabib bringing it up and maybe saying similar stuff to what he said last night:
    "This guy talks about the Irish fighting against English but his grandfather, Christopher McGregor, was with the English navy and and he killed your people... and now you guys support him!"

Hope he does, wanna see McGregor's response :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

After looking at a few videos it's hard to pass on Conors comments on how flat footed khabib is. It plays perfect for Conor. I see Conor coming in with a knee you wouldn't give to your mother in law at one of khabibs take down attempts. I think that there will be allot of clinching on the fence and Conor will punish him when they break up. Predicting Conor TKO in the second.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Clip of Dana on Kimmel on YouTube. Crap though. Kimmel wants to know about the bus attack and a very giddy Dana obliges (most disgusting act in UFC my hole). Then Kimmel spends the rest of the interview asking about Dana visiting trump just to get a few jokes in against their president where possible. **** interview.

Cheers, thought he was appearing tonight........ here's the clip minus the Trump talk.

Not sure Artem will be happy with his comments. Made the GOAT sound like a chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Notice McGregor's wearing his Grandfather's hat everywhere, if he wears it tonight I can see Khabib bringing it up and maybe saying similar stuff to what he said last night:

McGregor will be well prepared, Khabib should have kept that for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ha missed that seen the bit bout speaking irish, grandfather will wind conor up defiently i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

BT sport must be showing the presser tonight ......UFC main event listed at 2300 on BT2

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement