Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf shoes??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Went for the sketchers in the end,tried on both them and the footjoy pro SL but have to say the sketchers felt more comfortable. Played 18 there this evening and felt great after them compared to my old footjoys. Thanks everyone for the advice

Don't get too excited as I got the skechers go pro march last year and they are leaking this winter. But in fairness I never put dubbing on them so mostly my own fault. For Irish winters and golf courses waxing seems is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

anyone have the adipure TP? would like to know how they hold up

I have old adipures from 2010/2012 and they are bulletproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

anyone have the adipure TP? would like to know how they hold up

I have old adipures from 2010/2012 and they are bulletproof.

Have the Adipure TP and holding up well but do give them a break between rounds. Top notch materials and detail on these shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Ashworth Leucida shoes are incredible. Highly recommend them for comfort and 2 year waterproof guarantee as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone have the Under Armour Speith One shoe? Need to change my Footjoy Sports and leaning towards these as a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Anyone have the Under Armour Speith One shoe? Ne8ed to change my Footjoy Sports and leaning towards these as a replacement.

yes I have them about 3 months and there still eatting my heals :(

kieran. wrote: »

At the back of you heel or underneath? Might have to give them a pass so and look at Skechers or Footjoy DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    At the back of you heel or underneath? Might have to give them a pass so and look at Skechers or Footjoy DNA.
    At the back of the heel. In fairness there a great shoe, they feel really stable through your swing especially in soft ground. Two pairs of thick socks solves the heal issue!!

At the back of the heel. In fairness there a great shoe, they feel really stable through your swing especially in soft ground. Two pairs of thick socks solves the heal issue!!

Might try them on so and see what suits best. Cheers for the info!

Edit: just went a bit mad and ordered a pair of Footjoy DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Ive had a lot of foot problems , started with plantar fasciitis.. escalated and I was in real trouble with cortisone injections etc. in the middle of it all I was referred to a foot surgeon in Santry , I told him I was a golfer . One of the first things he said was do not wear sketchers . They do not have adequate support, the memory sole makes them comfortable but the structure esp for someone with PF is not good enough .. just passing his advice on as I have never worn Sketchers . His recommendation was the stiffer and less flexible the sole, the less work your foot has to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Looking for a new pair if shoes. What do ye recommend?
    Was thinking of maybe Boa??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Tesco sell anti blister socks for your heel, they're thicker than normal with an inner sock, not sure how they work but they work. €5 a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

I have a pair of under armor shoes and I find the exact same problem, killing the back of my heels. Got a pair of Nikes last month and they are so comfortable in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Lads what are the fj freestyle Like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

morphman wrote:
    Lads what are the fj freestyle Like??

Hi lads. I'm on the hunt again as my shoes are letting in water. I need something for the wet winter ahead. Looking at the boa fitting system. What do ye recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/skechers-gents-go-golf-pro-2-shoes-white---grey---blue/p-54509whgrygents17

These are excellent (even if that particular colour isn't perfect for winter).
    After using these for a few months now I think I'll only get this brand for golf shoe in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

RoadRunner wrote: »
    https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/skechers-gents-go-golf-pro-2-shoes-white---grey---blue/p-54509whgrygents17

These are excellent (even if that particular colour isn't perfect for winter).
    After using these for a few months now I think I'll only get this brand for golf shoe in future.

Remember reading an article where they reviewed all the spikeless shoes. The sketchers came out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Remember reading an article where they reviewed all the spikeless shoes. The sketchers came out on top.

+1 for Sketchers for me. I have 2 pairs, the Go Golf Pro 2 for winter or wet conditions and Go Golf Drive (Classic) pair for summer.

The Go Golf Pro's are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn, and very good when it wet out for both staying dry and traction.

The Go Golf Drive shoes are spikeless and also waterproof. They are lower profile so not perfect for when its really pouring rain but also not as hot in the summer months. Easily withstand a passing shower or two though.

Boa systems are tempting but I have not found one that is comfortable (to me) to wear.

How waterproof are the sketchers though

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Redriddick wrote: »

Exactly the same as every other brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Waterproof.

The only difference is how high the profile is on the shoe. Walking through high wet grass with a low profile shoe your socks could get wet and eventually your feet.

Otherwise I would be comfortable standing in a puddle that doesnt go over my shoe top. Have done so on a few wet days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,121 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Bear in mind that no shoe remains waterproof if you don't treat them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Hi lads. I'm on the hunt again as my shoes are letting in water. I need something for the wet winter ahead. Looking at the boa fitting system. What do ye recommend??

Hi,
    avoid boa at all costs,
    I was in a golf shop looking at shoes, as the FJ rep was present, I asked him was there an issue with boa, he said no, never. I bought them, the boa failed on my left shoe 2 months later, I contact FJ and the they have a readymade kit available, i.e. there are lots of problems, I couldn’t repair them so I had to leave them to a golf club, courier pick them up, take them to UK, returned repaired, from my 1st call to FJ to repaired shoe took 13 weeks!!
    guess what, the other shoe stopped working last Sunday morning as I togged out for my comp
    never boa again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Actually mine have been great. Worst conditions I was in was going out in heavy rain about a month ago. Was bad enough that the course was closed down due to flooding. We played 1-4 and then the course was closed. The sketchers were dry after nearly an hour of the worst possible conditions for shoes.

Thanks guys.....Looking like the sketchers so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've Ecco gore-tex and find them superb. Going into my third winter with them and they're holding up extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Hi,
    avoid boa at all costs,
    I was in a golf shop looking at shoes, as the FJ rep was present, I asked him was there an issue with boa, he said no, never. I bought them, the boa failed on my left shoe 2 months later, I contact FJ and the they have a readymade kit available, i.e. there are lots of problems, I couldn’t repair them so I had to leave them to a golf club, courier pick them up, take them to UK, returned repaired, from my 1st call to FJ to repaired shoe took 13 weeks!!
    guess what, the other shoe stopped working last Sunday morning as I togged out for my comp
    never boa again

Opposite experience here. FJ DNA 2’s BOA for 3 years and are excellent. Comfy, dry, no messing with laces too lose/tight...if they were more discrete I’d look for normal shoes with the BOA...have had no treatment so have my doubts they will get through this winter but going to hang onto them as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Bear in mind that no shoe remains waterproof if you don't treat them regularly.

What kind of treatment should be done to help shoes last longer / remain waterproof??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

There’s a sale on the Nike store at the moment for some shoes. I know a pair I’ve been looking at for ages ‘lunar command 2 are €83 (usually €120)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

gman127 wrote: »
    What kind of treatment should be done to help shoes last longer / remain waterproof??? :confused:

Regular treatment of dubbin will keep the leather supple and water proof because if it drys out it will crack and leak water.

Advertisement