Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf shoes??

Options
  • 07-06-2017 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all I'm looking for advice on purchasing a comfortable pair golf shoes. I suffer from heel pain so need a good pair preferably spikeless. Any advice welcome. Price doesn't really matter as long as they are comfy as I've found on the past you get what you pay for. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

ive had all types and I won a pair of sketchers (I know!) .. surprisingly they are the most comfortable I've ever worn

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Skechers without a doubt. 2 yr waterproof warranty is an extra bonus. Not overly expensive either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Got a pair of FJ Pro SL last week and they're like wearing slippers, very comfortable and great grip as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Have a look at Ecco too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking for advice on purchasing a comfortable pair golf shoes. I suffer from heel pain so need a good pair preferably spikeless. Any advice welcome. Price doesn't really matter as long as they are comfy as I've found on the past you get what you pay for. Thanks

If you suffer from heel pain, as do occassionally, I'd recommend getting arch supports. You're probably on your feet 5+ hours every golf round so important your feet are well supported.

There's a recent thread on shoes here too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057718979

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Skechers or Ecco I reckon. My wife has pair of Skechers and is always saying how comfy they are, likewise my Dad had Eccos and raves about them.

I've just bought a pair of Footjoy Contour Casuals as my summer shoe and they're great.

Have you thought about seeing a physio and getting some orthotic inserts, then you could get any shoe you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gamer1234

Thanks for the replies,what model sketchers are the best?? I suffer from plantar fasciitis is an old Gaa injury so I have special insoles most of the time but I'm looking for the shoe that's most comfortable. I read that them footjoy SL are very comfy and also the Ecco of course. I'll just have to try a few and see. Thanks again all

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Bought a pair of FJ Energize as a light summer shoe, very light but not as comfortable other shoes I would of had, sole hasn't the same cushioning which given that summer has harder ground migh be a bit on the counter productive side.

Had FJ DNA 2.0 this year, very comfortable but not waterproof, brough two pairs back.

Now have Adidas 360 boost very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

gamer1234 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies,what model sketchers are the best?? I suffer from plantar fasciitis is an old Gaa injury so I have special insoles most of the time but I'm looking for the shoe that's most comfortable. I read that them footjoy SL are very comfy and also the Ecco of course. I'll just have to try a few and see. Thanks again all
    I suffered same injury last year and while cured foot is still tender. Bought sketchers and have now changed my everyday shoes to all sketchers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Great thread, I'm looking for shoes myself, seems sketchers are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bought a pair of FJ Energize as a light summer shoe, very light but not as comfortable other shoes I would of had, sole hasn't the same cushioning which given that summer has harder ground migh be a bit on the counter productive side.

Had FJ DNA 2.0 this year, very comfortable but not waterproof, brough two pairs back.

Now have Adidas 360 boost very comfortable.

I hope you're not banking on the Adidas being waterproof. I've worn almost exclusively Adidas for about 15 years but they're a disaster in the wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

I have a pair of 2016 footjoy hyperflex shoes and find them very supportive and comfortable.

I suffered same injury last year and while cured foot is still tender. Bought sketchers and have now changed my everyday shoes to all sketchers as well.

That's good to hear my biggest prob is with the heal it kills me after 18 holes. I have footjoy dryjoys at the moment but the soles is hard and they are heavy. I like the sound of them sketchers and the footjoy SL PRO I'm heading tomorrow to try them on. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

fullstop wrote: »
    I hope you're not banking on the Adidas being waterproof. I've worn almost exclusively Adidas for about 15 years but they're a disaster in the wet.

Why did you persist for 15 years? Not having a go, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Nooooooo. .... ****e

Still have 5 months warranty on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eura

I had the same problem for years, heel pain after 18 holes.

ice on the heel after playing and stretching out the foot helped. But the biggest help was changing my shoes to Footjoy DNA 2.0

can now play 18 holes no pain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Because I find them way more comfortable than any other shoe I've tried. Just gotta keep it straight in the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Another vote for Skechers.

• Advertisement

Nooooooo. .... ****e

Still have 5 months warranty on them.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Won a pair of Ashworth shoes last year and have to say I love them. Outrageously comfortable.

The Cardiff ADC2 are the ones I have, in black
    http://ashworthgolf.eu/ashworth/footwear/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Won a pair of Ashworth shoes last year and have to say I love them. Outrageously comfortable.

The Cardiff ADC2 are the ones I have, in black
    http://ashworthgolf.eu/ashworth/footwear/

Agreed I have the same ones in grey, very comfortable and dry for the most part:) Have to keep them well waxed with dubbin.

Have a new 2nd pair under the bed for whenever the current ones expire. Picked them up at €30 (80%;) off) on sportsdirect a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

martinkop wrote: »
    Agreed I have the same ones in grey, very comfortable and dry for the most part:) Have to keep them well waxed with dubbin.

Have a new 2nd pair under the bed for whenever the current ones expire. Picked them up at €30 (80%;) off) on sportsdirect a while back

That is literally the bargain of all bargains.... git! :D

Went for the sketchers in the end,tried on both them and the footjoy pro SL but have to say the sketchers felt more comfortable. Played 18 there this evening and felt great after them compared to my old footjoys. Thanks everyone for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Bought the tour boost 360 at xmas, they developed holes in each heel. Poor shoe for the price.

Left them back and got the Nike Lunar Command BOA. ?100 but comfortable right out the box and 7 rounds later I have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

A search of the forum brought up this recent thread as I’m looking for a new pair of shoes.

I bought a new pair of Adidas Tour 360 Boost shoes about three months and unfortunately we aren’t getting on. They’re the most uncomfortable golf shoes I’ve ever worn. They’re very heavy, rigid and they’re now causing me pain in my feet and ankles so I think it’s time to cut my losses and get another pair. The pair I had previous were the first generation Adipower Boost and I really liked them so I’m very disappointed the 360s aren’t working out.

In looking for a new pair it goes without saying that they have to be comfortable. I live (and play) in Galway year round so they also have to be completely waterproof. I want to have just the one pair if possible, rather than a summer and winter pair.

Looking online, the Footjoy Pro SL shoes seem to be well reviewed and a see a poster on this thread has them – any other views on them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Anyone have the footjoy DNA? they look like a class shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

Hi guys, your expertise would be much appreciated

I was all out gonna buy a pair of Skechers go Golf Pro 2 shoes, just waiting to see if I could get them at a better price (under €100/£90). They were amazingly comfortable when I tried on a pair.

However I’ve seen a pair of Go Golf Pro 3 instead on Amazon at £75, I was presuming they would be the next model up (and a bit of an upgrade) but when I looked at Skechers official website I can’t see them at all

Anyone know about them and are they similar enough to the 2 model?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Hi guys, your expertise would be much appreciated

I was all out gonna buy a pair of Skechers go Golf Pro 2 shoes, just waiting to see if I could get them at a better price (under €100/£90). They were amazingly comfortable when I tried on a pair.

However I’ve seen a pair of Go Golf Pro 3 instead on Amazon at £75, I was presuming they would be the next model up (and a bit of an upgrade) but when I looked at Skechers official website I can’t see them at all

Anyone know about them and are they similar enough to the 2 model?

Thanks

As far as I know they are only available for the American market. Warranty would not cover Ireland so imo would not buy them.
    Skechers golf shoes are awesome so defo worth more than 100.
    2017 models are last models with 2 yr warranty.
    2018 models are only coming with 1 yr warranty but stay at same price

Advertisement