Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Thinking Cedric to Doherty but it seems very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Worth keeping in mind that there is an international window between the next two PL games. Aguero hopefully won't be involved for the Argies friendlies (no doubt he will pull out due to injury if he is called up) whereas Kane will get significant minutes for England.

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1046508716898619395

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I played it in gw4 have 4 green arrows since going from 980k to 150k only kept taa as pool cover taking sterling haz and aguero instead

Thats the way its gone for most. Puts serious pressure on the likes of me that hasnt played it yet and have got off to on average start 410k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did u get a boost from it when you played it because pretty much everyone that has played it so far has hit the jackpot with it. Loads of CS for players brought in , hazard hat trick etc. The only week it may not have worked was gw 4 i think when people would have went big on mkhi and auba.

Not really, I've been in freefall for last 5 GW's. My team isn't in bad shape as such, but my main rival has Kane (auto captained every week), Aguero and Firmino up top. He also have Ederson, TAA, Alonso and Tripper - but has no midfield.

My team is

Allison, Fab
    Robertson, Alonso, Tripper, AWB, Pereira
    Hazard, Mane, Moura, Fraser, Billing
    Aguero, Iheanacho, Success

So my issues are - need to get rid of a premium defender, Moura, and would like to get Kane

Last 3 transfer out where Pedro, Mendy and Wilson, I seem to break them when I bought them. Iheanacho had 2 good GW's before this one, plays 90 mins and is in an attacking team so I think he's value, Moura has also been sh!t for me since I got him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

My transfer comes down to the big 4. Hazard Salah Aguero Kane.

Kane the one I don't have, just can't decide is it worth ditching Aguero or Salah to get him in. :confused: 2 ft so that's not an issue mmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not really, I've been in freefall for last 5 GW's. My team isn't in bad shape as such, but my main rival has Kane (auto captained every week), Aguero and Firmino up top. He also have Ederson, TAA, Alonso and Tripper - but has no midfield.

My team is

Allison, Fab
    Robertson, Alonso, Tripper, AWB, Pereira
    Hazard, Mane, Moura, Fraser, Billing
    Aguero, Iheanacho, Success

So my issues are - need to get rid of a premium defender, Moura, and would like to get Kane

Robertson to doherty and aguero to kane this week and your very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

km79 wrote: »
    This is the news I've been looking for. Will hold on and stay clear of kane for now. If things don't go to plan I'll sell Salah to fund kane.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This is the news I've been looking for. Will hold on and stay clear of kane for now. If things don't go to plan I'll sell Salah to fund kane.

Same
    Thinking of banking again now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    Same
    Thinking of banking again now

Not sure i get yous lads? Avoiding Kane because Pep confirms Aguero not fully fit ahead of facing Liverpool away.

Surely if thinking of an Aguero Kane switch that would add to the argument.

Of my 'big 4' (Sterling, Kane, Hazard, and Aguero) Aguero is starting to look the most disposable when I need Salah back.

FHFC wrote: »
    Not sure i get yous lads? Avoiding Kane because Pep confirms Aguero not fully fit ahead of facing Liverpool away.

Surely if thinking of an Aguero Kane switch that would add to the argument.

Of my 'big 4' (Sterling, Kane, Hazard, and Aguero) Aguero is starting to look the most disposable when I need Salah back.
    Aguero will be fully rested for Burnley at home with no games for Argentina
    Kane is obviously great for next week but it's about more than next week........also they just don't look great......it was Huddersfield......and then there is Barcelona. We seen them struggle so many times with home bankers after big European games . I'm sticking with my gut on this one

• Advertisement

Aguero isn't at 100%, seeing less game time as a result but is still hitting similar stats to Kane who's £1.5 million more expensive.

If I can only have one then it makes little sense to jump to Kane for one week when Aguero should be back to 100% after the break. If Kane is outperforming Salah over the coming weeks I'll make that switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Thats the way its gone for most. Puts serious pressure on the likes of me that hasnt played it yet and have got off to on average start 410k.

I would say 410k with your wildcard intact is an above average start. Have you an idea of when your playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Already taken a -4 to get rid of Aguero and Shaw for Kane and Zabaleta. I know Shaw might keep a clean sheet next weekend but United are a mess so anything might happen there. Aguero who has never scored at Anfield versus Kane at home to Cardiff (regardless of who Spurs are playing in Europe) is a no brainer. At worst I will make some money on it and Aguero can go back in the following week. No other issues with my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm thinking of an Aguero to Kane swap just for this week too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will do Ings to Mitrovic I'd say. Arnie the other option but I think Mitrovic shades it with the home fixture this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭COH

I think I'm going to hang on to Kun and Salah... was tempted to move them to Sterling/Kane but I'd only want them back again the following gameweek.

Have 2FT and think Mendy to either Doherty/Holebas and Ings to Arnie is the way to go

claw wrote: »
    Already taken a -4 to get rid of Aguero and Shaw for Kane and Zabaleta. I know Shaw might keep a clean sheet next weekend but United are a mess so anything might happen there. Aguero who has never scored at Anfield versus Kane at home to Cardiff (regardless of who Spurs are playing in Europe) is a no brainer. At worst I will make some money on it and Aguero can go back in the following week. No other issues with my team.
    Do you need Aguero to drop by . 2 and Kane to rise by .2 to make money.

And you need Kane to outscore Aguero by at least a goal to make any points gain?

COH wrote: »
    I think I'm going to hang on to Kun and Salah... was tempted to move them to Sterling/Kane but I'd only want them back again the following gameweek.

Have 2FT and think Mendy to either Doherty/Holebas and Ings to Arnie is the way to go

If I’d the money in the bank i would swap Aguero and Kane for the week. Would have done it last week. But I don’t so would need to raise funds. It’s just not worth it.

When I do downgrade one of my premium defenders it’ll be for Doherty or Holebas.

Do you need Aguero to drop by . 2 and Kane to rise by .2 to make money.

And you need Kane to outscore Aguero by at least a goal to make any points gain?

I try and play the game the way I see it. If Aguero hasn't scored at Anfield before in 9 matches (1 for Atletico) and isn't fully fit, then I would rather take a -4 and risk it. I am a Liverpool supporter. He has never done it at Anfield. Kane is at home to Cardiff. I would much prefer having Kane and worrying about not having Aguero at Anfield than vice versa. At some point I can see Shaw going down .1 and Zabaleta up .1 so I did that as an enabler for Kane.

The money situation is a secondary concern to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The way I see it, I think you needed to take the punt on Kane before the start of the last GW. My rationale was that Kane would outscore Salah over point games so was worth the punt. I wouldn't go chasing the Kane at home to Cardiff now as you are looking to recoup your hit on 1 GW which is a lot more riskier.
    Salah will be coming back in for me and I think it will be Kane making way, could be Aguero or Hazard either but immediate term thinking is Kane.

I will bank this week and this will enable 2 FT's for the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭COH

If I’d the money in the bank i would swap Aguero and Kane for the week. Would have done it last week. But I don’t so would need to raise funds. It’s just not worth it.

When I do downgrade one of my premium defenders it’ll be for Doherty or Holebas.

Hmmm.... now that you mention it I could just leave Ings on the bench, go 4 at the back and do Aguero/Mendy > Kane & Holebas or Doherty with the 2FT

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The way I see it, I think you needed to take the punt on Kane before the start of the last GW. My rationale was that Kane would outscore Salah over point games so was worth the punt. I wouldn't go chasing the Kane at home to Cardiff now as you are looking to recoup your hit on 1 GW which is a lot more riskier.
    Salah will be coming back in for me and I think it will be Kane making way, could be Aguero or Hazard either but immediate term thinking is Kane.

I will bank this week and this will enable 2 FT's for the international break.

My view was that Kane without Eriksen might struggle at Huddersfield. As it is he only got 2 because Spurs got a very soft penalty. Never entered my head to get rid of Salah.

I try and play the game the way I see it. If Aguero hasn't scored at Anfield before in 9 matches (1 for Atletico) and isn't fully fit, then I would rather take a -4 and risk it. I am a Liverpool supporter. He has never done it at Anfield. Kane is at home to Cardiff. I would much prefer having Kane and worrying about not having Aguero at Anfield than vice versa.
    That's fair enough and it's hard to disagree but I still wouldn't call a second transfer costing 4 points for what may be a single week to be a "no brainer".
    At some point I can see Shaw going down .1 and Zabaleta up .1 so I did that as an enabler for Kane.

The money situation is a secondary concern to be honest.
    Also fair enough, making decision based solely on team finances is not recommended. However I'm worried that making a statement like "At worst I will make some money" would tempt others to make a similar move as this would not be the case for most people. Maybe you bought Shaw in at 5.1 and Aguero at 11.4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Thoughts on Son this week?

Have to replace Eriksen and have 10.3 to spend on a replacement... Son or Alli seem logical

That's fair enough and it's hard to disagree but I still wouldn't call a second transfer costing 4 points for what may be a single week to be a "no brainer".

Also fair enough, making decision based solely on team finances is not recommended. However I'm worried that making a statement like "At worst I will make some money" would tempt others to make a similar move as this would not be the case for most people. Maybe you bought Shaw in at 5.1 and Aguero at 11.4 though.

I wasn't offering advice to anyone - I just said I had done my two transfers. I don't normally offer advice to anyone on this because not everyone plays this game the same way. I think team finances are very important and knowing when to take a hit on the right week to protect your team value is a key skill in the game. Playing this for 10 years and have done alright for the most part so I am not a newbie.

Regarding my two transfers, time will tell whether they prove to be the right decision or not. I am not going to criticise people who stick with Aguero or put Kane in. For what its worth, I bought Shaw for 5.1 and Aguero 11.0, so unless I am wrong if Shaw goes down 0.1, Aguero goes down 0.1 and Kane goes up again (bought him for 12.4) I have protected my team value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

MurDawg wrote:
    Have to replace Eriksen and have 10.3 to spend on a replacement... Son or Alli seem logical

Nothing logical about Alli. He's out for 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You could make an argument for signing any of the big players at the moment, there's far more of them performing than usual. Aguero, Kane, Hazard, Salah, Sterling, Mane, Alonso, with KDB about to be added to that mix. We can't all have all of them, just go with the 3/4 you fancy and don't second guess it. You won't get the 4 right ones every week, doesn't mean they won't be the right 4 next week.

I wasn't offering advice to anyone - I just said I had done my two transfers. I don't normally offer advice to anyone on this because not everyone plays this game the same way. I think team finances are very important and knowing when to take a hit on the right week to protect your team value is a key skill in the game. Playing this for 10 years and have done alright for the most part so I am not a newbie.

Regarding my two transfers, time will tell whether they prove to be the right decision or not. I am not going to criticise people who stick with Aguero or put Kane in. For what its worth, I bought Shaw for 5.1 and Aguero 11.0, so unless I am wrong if Shaw goes down 0.1, Aguero goes down 0.1 and Kane goes up again (bought him for 12.4) I have protected my team value.
    Apologies, I misinterprted your original post as increasing "team value" as opposed to protecting (and if things go really well increasing) "real value". Makes a lot more sense now.

Apologies, I misinterprted your original post as increasing "team value" as opposed to protecting (and if things go really well increasing) "real value". Makes a lot more sense now.

No worries :) I probably didn't express myself very well! I have issues with Neves aswell but I have him since the start so I can afford him to drop, the advice on here from some people was correct about him, he hasn't done anything since the opening match against Everton so he would be next on the chopping block, he is an expensive 5th midfielder at this rate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I keep playing Neves on the assumption he's going to do something but Wolves are playing really well and he doesn't seem to be contributing at least from a FF perspective.

Advertisement