Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice early this morning.damp drizzly weather has now spread down from the north. (Castlebar)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

After a beautiful sunny morning here in Glasnevin it's now completely overcast. It's 16.2C. Why can't the high move a bit closer. According to the satellite picture the south coast is still clear and the south of England and the continent have been clear for days. We just have to wait for these fronts to clear, bringing their cooler air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clouded over here to

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Bit brighter today thankfully
    Nice day

Completely jinxed it
    Gloomy

And now it’s drizzling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Overcast now :( .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very little sun here today after a sunny early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

Fair in Sligo but only 12c distinct chill

Close to 0c again tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Still very sunny in my part of the country today though not as warm as yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

What a day in cork city. Car was reading 22-23 the entire ride home from school. Pure blue skies all day and it does feel a small bit warmer then yesterday due to there being sun today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

Lovely morning in Tralee and quite warm. Though it did start clouding up around 2pm. Haven't been outside since, but looking out it seems a lot duller now at 4.30pm so that front is definitely moving down. Hopefully it's nothing much.

• Advertisement

What a day in cork city. Car was reading 22-23 the entire ride home from school. Pure blue skies all day and it does feel a small bit warmer then yesterday due to there being sun today.

It’s like a different world for us in the West this week
    My only hope now is for a dry weekend to cut the lawn and the clothes I hung out last Monday might actually dry !!!!!

It only got cloudy here around lunchtime I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That cloud has only just arrived here now. Half blue half dark grey now. Still very warm though.

From this morning.

ojdADzD.jpg?2
    LO7GdWn.jpg?1
    xNjPYQa.jpg?1

km79 wrote: »
    It’s like a different world for us in the West this week
    My only hope now is for a dry weekend to cut the lawn and the clothes I hung out last Monday might actually dry !!!!!

Judging by the comments on the weather forums here, it seems to have been a different country for the west and north compared to the south and east since mid July.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

CFSv2 going for a cold October now and quite significantly so (1-2k below average for Ireland and 2-3k below average for the UK). Not like the CFSv2 to show cold temperatures. Notice also the well above average anomalies over Svalbard indicating high pressure there (northern blocking).

N9C95rt.gif

sryanbruen wrote: »
    CFSv2 going for a cold October now and quite significantly so (1-2k below average for Ireland and 2-3k below average for the UK). Not like the CFSv2 to show cold temperatures. Notice also the well above average anomalies over Svalbard indicating high pressure there (northern blocking).

What would the average temperature for October in Ireland and the UK normally be?

What would the average temperature for October in Ireland and the UK normally be?

Randomly selected Irish stations for this and their coldest Octobers to date in terms of mean temperature. The * refers to using the 1961-90 average because the station does not have a 1981-2010 average available.

qkF75vl.png

There's also this October mean temperature 1981-2010 map.

ouPKV5S.png

The 1981-2010 IMT is 10.1c whilst the 1981-2010 CET is 10.7c.

Data comes from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

1st grass frost of the autumn here this morning, sun is out, clear and crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Moylough co galway 28/09/18 7.22 am it's 0°C
    20180928_073525_zpsyznuntns.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some heat under a cloudless sky yesterday afternoon, had to wear a wide brimmed hat and apply sunscreen

Another fine morning

Lovely bright morning in Galway
    Hope I haven't jinxed it again !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fantastic morning in south Meath too, not a cloud in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

And also beautiful in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Corofin co galway 28/09/18 18.50 it's 10°C
    20180928_185112_zpsuwaqbdvp.jpg

Excellent Autumn day, lots of blue skies in Dublin 13 concluded by a wonderful evening and sunset. Doesn't get better than this!

What a day!!!!!
    2 more please and I dont care after that
    Well I do but need this weekend to tidy up a few bits outside

Nice day here, sunny spells with cloudy intervals. Sunrise wasn't quite as spectacular as yesterday but still nice. Quite cool too. Yesterday would have been one of the (few?) days where sunrise is nicer to experience on the ground rather than high up on a plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

For you sun lovers and extreme weather lovers I’m in Phoenix today temps hovering around 105 degrees it’s absolutely incredible to feel it. It literally warms the bones.

• Advertisement

For you sun lovers and extreme weather lovers I’m in Phoenix today temps hovering around 105 degrees it’s absolutely incredible to feel it. It literally warms the bones.

Personally I'd rather be in Dublin today if we're talking about weather. I'm not up for 40c and strong sunshine!

Advertisement