Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes. Have to get up an hour earlier tomorrow to watch. Gold is right. Should be better than Duffy.

You know both those shows are released as podcasts ? They download at 6am in the morning. Morning commute sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You know both those shows are released as podcasts ? They download at 6am in the morning. Morning commute sorted.

How or where would I find the podcasts. I usually see them on fb.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How or where would I find the podcasts. I usually see them on fb.

Just search for them on any podcast app. It's prime time with chris Cuomo and if you type lawrence O Donnell you'll find it. I never miss one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Is it about time to start questioning his sanity and mental fitness for the office again after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just search for them on any podcast app. It's prime time with chris Cuomo and if you type lawrence O Donnell you'll find it. I never miss one.

Will do,didn't even know there was su h a thing. Thanks for that..>>>play store :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Now there is a 4th accuser against Kavanaugh. But he's innocent until proven guilty right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

FatherTed wrote: »
    Now there is a 4th accuser against Kavanaugh. But he's innocent until proven guilty right?

This one's anonymous unfortunately. For now at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

This one's anonymous unfortunately. For now at least.

I do worry about the women being targeted by angry Trump supporters.... Basically calling them con artists today is not gonna help.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Much as I dislike everything this administration stands for, in fairness he is and has to be considered innocent until it is established that he is guilty. I don't doubt he did everything that is being discussed, but my bias isn't proof that he is in fact guilty. I would be much happier if they could find something a bit more recent and provable than these accusations, important as they are. At very least I would hope that the investigations would take us over the mid-terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dr Ford's already had her emails hacked into and had to leave her home, what else do you expect from people still salty they have to share water fountains with non-white people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

For better or worse that's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Rjd2 wrote: »

The usual way it works is that there is a thorough investigation to establish the facts. Like the FBI investigation into Anita Hill's accusations.

They're not doing that this time. Can't imagine why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Judge refers to Brett as Bart in his yearbook according to this random person on the internet.

https://twitter.com/emills28/status/1045093169719889921

Bart O'Kavanaugh is a rather interesting character in a book by Mark Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The usual way it works is that there is a thorough investigation to establish the facts. Like the FBI investigation into Anita Hill's accusations.

They're not doing that this time. Can't imagine why.

It might be embarrassing if the 5 or 6 previous FBI investigations into Brett Don referred to might have missed something or might not have put the right questions in the past to Brett and witnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Jake Tapper asked Avenatti specifically if his client is accusing Kavanaugh of rape, Avenatti refuses to answer and just refers back to the language in the affidavit, and that his client will give specifics to the FBI if they investigate.

I dunno... I don't understand his tactics here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Pelvis wrote: »
    Jake Tapper asked Avenatti specifically if his client is accusing Kavanaugh of rape, Avenatti refuses to answer and just refers back to the language in the affidavit, and that his client will give specifics to the FBI if they investigate.

None of them going to law enforcement with a complaint I think could hurt them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Most likely she doesn't remember him on top of her but remembers him in the room and simply doesn't know for sure if he raped her but suspects he did.

Just watching the press conference. It's absolutely awful. It was interesting to see a reporter ask him to call on a female reporter to ask a question about Kavanaugh. He wasn't happy with that. But in general it was nothing but self praise and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He is leaving the possibility out there. Not saying it is, or indeed isn't.

If he says yes, then immediately the story becomes about the rape, everything else is forgotten about.

By saying nothing, Team Kavanaugh now face the possibility (if true of course) that this is only the beginning and whether he makes it through the next few days or not things are going to get worse.

It is all about managing the news cycle. This drip drip is what kept Stormy in the news for so long. Compare that to McDougal who hardly ever gets mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Leroy42 wrote: »

By saying nothing, Team Kavanaugh now face the possibility (if true of course) that this is only the beginning and whether he makes it through the next few days or not things are going to get worse.

Avenatti also said previously that he would bring many corroborating witnesses with the accuser. He is playing a campaign, with steps mapped out in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I'm pretty sure Trump was under the influence of something or lacking some substance during that press conference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sounds slightly wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,165 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was just thinking about today's hearing and realised I am no longer watching events unfold as a real government of a real country that could affect the rest of the world, I am watching it like a soap opera. It doesn't matter, its entertainment. Trump and the US government can not be taken seriously, its a (bad) movie, its not really happening. Trump rambles and boasts and the rest of the world smirks and ignores him.

Has anything happened that cannot be undone? Have attitudes been changed for ever? For good or for bad? Will this be a minor blip in history, or has something changed in perception of the way governments work? Should we be worried or just exasperated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Rjd2 wrote: »

As this is not a criminal trial, presumption of innocence is not in place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

looksee wrote: »
    I was just thinking about today's hearing and realised I am no longer watching events unfold as a real government of a real country that could affect the rest of the world, I am watching it like a soap opera. It doesn't matter, its entertainment. Trump and the US government can not be taken seriously, its a (bad) movie, its not really happening. Trump rambles and boasts and the rest of the world smirks and ignores him.

Has anything happened that cannot be undone? Have attitudes been changed for ever? For good or for bad? Will this be a minor blip in history, or has something changed in perception of the way governments work? Should we be worried or just exasperated?

Will you be placating yourself when he wins a second term? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Will you be placating yourself when he wins a second term? ;)

Trump is not so bad for us in Europe so far, his policies mostly damage the US.

His tariff policies will impact trade and cost us all a few Euros, but it is small beer compared to Brexit. Making the US a less reliable ally is probably good for Europe in the medium term, motivating some unifying European action.

Of course if he decides to pull a Bush and start a war to boost his numbers, that will be bad, but I think few in Washington have the appetite for that. He certainly won't be picking up a coalition of European allies for a vanity war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Trump is not so bad for us in Europe so far, his policies mostly damage the US.

His tariff policies will impact trade and cost us all a few Euros, but it is small beer compared to Brexit. Making the US a less reliable ally is probably good for Europe in the medium term, motivating some unifying European action.

Of course if he decides to pull a Bush and start a war to boost his numbers, that will be bad, but I think few in Washington have the appetite for that. He certainly won't be picking up a coalition of European allies for a vanity war.

The real danger is global economic downturn. At the moment, there's a general upswing and we feel like we can afford take the US for granted but that won't last forever. If anything on the scale of 2008 occurs with Trump in office, I dread to think what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

jooksavage wrote: »
    The real danger is global economic downturn.

There will be a downturn anyway, it is inevitable, so Trump causing one is just timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

There will be a downturn anyway, it is inevitable, so Trump causing one is just timing.

Downturns are absolutely inevitable. My point is that when that day comes around, God help us all if the man at the helm of the world's largest economy has nothing to offer the world except "America First"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He can just go for bankruptcy of the US, as he did with his own business whenever the going got tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The fact that this hearing is going ahead today is I.N.S.A.N.E. How any woman can vote for the Reps come November is mind blowing (accept of course the Christian base, who are so intent on revoking abortion rights, anything else goes).

I hope it goes to the vote tomorrow and 1 of the 3 possibles vote him down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement