Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

2018 Campaign

2456779

Comments



  • how did people that applied in the 2017 campaign find the new ist test?




  • Hey guys.

    It'll be my first ever time applying for the PSNI. Would the recruitment process be similar as the AGS . For anyone last year who did not meet the educational requirements, if you could help me out on where to sit a fast track in level 2




  • Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

    It'll be my first ever time applying for the PSNI. Would the recruitment process be similar as the AGS . For anyone last year who did not meet the educational requirements, if you could help me out on where to sit a fast track in level 2

    The wording on the Join PSNI page was incorrect.

    It will be at a NI FE college or other adult education provider. And would be Essential Skills L2 Numeracy and Literacy




  • Strange question to ask on a public forum,i'd say you have the best of intentions but can't you see the obvious security implications if someone with evil in mind were to read this and any replies.you cant be too careful and all that.




  • Adam261 wrote: »
    Strange question to ask on a public forum,i'd say you have the best of intentions but can't you see the obvious security implications if someone with evil in mind were to read this and any replies.you cant be too careful and all that.


    In the post notifying their itent to open recruitment ot talks about the above


  • Advertisement


  • I deleted the post to avoid anyone getting upset or feeling uncomfortable talking about it. I did not release any personal information or say anything that is really that edgy, I was just asking for the implications of it and how easy it is. There aren’t any security implications for this because they are only given to current service-people who live in NI but work outside NI but within the UK so that when they return to NI then they have the same daily protection as PSNI officers considering they are under just as much of a threat. Especially since MDP also have jurisdiction within NI so if I was at home then I would definitely want a PI due to the area I live in and past events within our communities. Of course, chances are it will never even be taken out of the holster let alone fired but it’s about service people having sufficient peace of mind when off duty in case the worst case scenario arises.

    I apologise if anyone thought my post was malicious or could possibly feed the minds of the malicious.




  • Lockie101 wrote: »
    I deleted the post to avoid anyone getting upset or feeling uncomfortable talking about it. I did not release any personal information or say anything that is really that edgy, I was just asking for the implications of it and how easy it is. There aren’t any security implications for this because they are only given to current service-people who live in NI but work outside NI but within the UK so that when they return to NI then they have the same daily protection as PSNI officers considering they are under just as much of a threat. Especially since MDP also have jurisdiction within NI so if I was at home then I would definitely want a PI due to the area I live in and past events within our communities. Of course, chances are it will never even be taken out of the holster let alone fired but it’s about service people having sufficient peace of mind when off duty in case the worst case scenario arises.

    I apologise if anyone thought my post was malicious or could possibly feed the minds of the malicious.

    Anyone in Northern Ireland is entitled to apply for a Firearms Certificate for a Personal Protrction Weapons if you can quantify a threat to your safety.




  • We are all also applying to the police so yanno it's a given that we are now targets




  • Exactly, although if you applied for a PI and your reason was “Applying to be a constable” then that alone wouldn’t get you one.

    Another random question is, can you fly with your PI or how does it work that way?




  • Lockie101 wrote: »
    Exactly, although if you applied for a PI and your reason was “Applying to be a constable” then that alone wouldn’t get you one.

    Another random question is, can you fly with your PI or how does it work that way?

    Nope. It woupdnhave to be kept in NI and your service weapons left in GB


  • Advertisement


  • Ah okay, thanks for the information!

    Is the IST going to be the same format as last year or are they changing it again?




  • Lockie101 wrote: »
    Ah okay, thanks for the information!

    Is the IST going to be the same format as last year or are they changing it again?

    I’d say they’d keep the same format, although here’s hoping there is no issues this year.




  • Round 5 for me guys, please be the year

    Fifth time Bants? You’re as bad as me.

    10, 13, 14, 15, 17 and now 18 for me.

    Failed the IST in 13 so can’t remember its month digits.




  • Goonerdee wrote: »
    Round 5 for me guys, please be the year

    Fifth time Bants? You’re as bad as me.

    10, 13, 14, 15, 17 and now 18 for me.

    Failed the IST in 13 so can’t remember its month digits.

    13, 14, 15 and 17.

    Didnt really try in 13 though




  • On the current ML too but will be applying again as a back up. It would be silly not to.




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    On the current ML too but will be applying again as a back up. It would be silly not to.

    Good thinking batman




  • Just to kick off with a debate!
    Everywhere I read, the CC is quoted to be calling for an additional 300 officers in order to accommodate the increasing need for bodies in the wake of Brexit. That coupled with anyone retiring or leaving the force leaves a requirement for X amount of new PCs. Obviously open to speculation but can anyone determine what X is? I've been reading through pages and pages online to try and get as close to an answer as possible. Thoughts?




  • Njim91 wrote: »
    Just to kick off with a debate!
    Everywhere I read, the CC is quoted to be calling for an additional 300 officers in order to accommodate the increasing need for bodies in the wake of Brexit. That coupled with anyone retiring or leaving the force leaves a requirement for X amount of new PCs. Obviously open to speculation but can anyone determine what X is? I've been reading through pages and pages online to try and get as close to an answer as possible. Thoughts?

    It's really frustrating that this cannot be answered because as he has revealed before and what was confirmed by the secretary of state. they have not got a clue what budget they have in the next tax year. Which means he doesn't know what money he can spend on recruitment.ggrrrrr




  • George does what he wants




  • George does what he wants

    Helpful


  • Advertisement


  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    It's really frustrating that this cannot be answered because as he has revealed before and what was confirmed by the secretary of state. they have not got a clue what budget they have in the next tax year. Which means he doesn't know what money he can spend on recruitment.ggrrrrr

    Indeed. It seems Brexit and the turmoil in which the NI assembly finds itself in at the moment makes answering this question near impossible. I'm just struggling to get my head around the fact that there are two campaigns being implemented in order to meet the required numbers according to the CC. Campaigns in which there are merit lists of such high numbers. Obviously there will be a cull with people falling short in certain areas (PCA, SMT, vetting) but it seems to me that the quotes number of 300 is a little shy of a realistic number?




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    George does what he wants

    Helpful

    Lol lol lol




  • In all fairness, does the amount of officers needed matter that much to us as applicants? I know it was a discussion point and we all appreciate when people talk about topics here but just my two cents; them needing less officers isn’t going to make me try harder than if they needed more




  • Lockie101 wrote: »
    In all fairness, does the amount of officers needed matter that much to us as applicants? I know it was a discussion point and we all appreciate when people talk about topics here but just my two cents; them needing less officers isn’t going to make me try harder than if they needed more

    Of course it matters. The amount of time and effort, never mind money and time off work that needs to be invested to get to the end goal is more than you think. Doing all that and getting onto a merit list with no idea if you will get a job from it or not. This must be your first go!




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    Lockie101 wrote: »
    In all fairness, does the amount of officers needed matter that much to us as applicants? I know it was a discussion point and we all appreciate when people talk about topics here but just my two cents; them needing less officers isn’t going to make me try harder than if they needed more

    Of course it matters. The amount of time and effort, never mind money and time off work that needs to be invested to get to the end goal is more than you think. Doing all that and getting onto a merit list with no idea if you will get a job from it or not. This must be your first go!

    Tell him like it is Zeo! Massive mental and physical investment this campaign regardless of whether there are 20 or 200 or 2000 being hired. Lots of ups and downs just to get to the waiting room or even to get a sniff at a PCA.




  • I think I touched on this subject merely to see what my chances are as well as a potential timeline. Tbh this is THE only job I want to do. I know everyone on here will give 100% towards their application, that's not what I'm getting at. What I'm getting at is to entice some speculation and debate in order to try and paint a picture of what we should expect in terms of a realistic expectation of appointment with our scores based on the demand for officers at that time :)




  • Njim91 wrote: »
    I think I touched on this subject merely to see what my chances are as well as a potential timeline. Tbh this is THE only job I want to do. I know everyone on here will give 100% towards their application, that's not what I'm getting at. What I'm getting at is to entice some speculation and debate in order to try and paint a picture of what we should expect in terms of a realistic expectation of appointment with our scores based on the demand for officers at that time :)

    Mate this is for the 2018 campaign..... They haven't even opened the applications yet but you can assume there are probably about 350 plus places easily and that will work through a merit list with better scoring people getting the first crack at later stages.




  • I'd say at the start of the next tax year they may announce something. But for now it's just going to be speculation.




  • Ze0tech wrote: »
    I'd say at the start of the next tax year they may announce something. But for now it's just going to be speculation.

    We love a bit of speculation around here mate 😉


  • Advertisement


  • Mate this is for the 2018 campaign..... They haven't even opened the applications yet but you can assume there are probably about 350 plus places easily and that will work through a merit list with better scoring people getting the first crack at later stages.

    Agree 100%! Coming off the back of last year's application and still on the merit list for 1710, I have a good grasp at what's ahead. Well that assumption of 350 plus is what I'm hoping for but again we've no idea until the budget is announced. I guess we'll just have watch this space and in the mean time, best prepare ourselves for the long road ahead :o


Advertisement