Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,494 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

So I’ve done the first live update on the game - can I go get an option file now or is it too early to do so?

What’s the best OF to go with?

Every year I ask the same questions haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

callaway92 wrote: »
    So I’ve done the first live update on the game - can I go get an option file now or is it too early to do so?

What’s the best OF to go with?

Every year I ask the same questions haha

WEPES subreddit is full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,494 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WEPES subreddit is full of them.

Is it ok to use one now though for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

To anyone who still hasn't got their game from game collection, you might have the same issue as me. Ordered it from shopto.net and it apparently left Langley HWDC at 1.44am this morning but no updates since then. If your games went this route too, there might be a problem here.

Looking up reviews for that place and they say it's like a black hole sometimes for packages. I'm sure we'll all get our games but looking like Saturday or Monday at this stage :eek:

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is it ok to use one now though for sure?

Ya I'm about to do it now.

I updated roster first though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

My order from GC just updated on Parcel Motel. Hopefully we'll have them by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

VonZan wrote: »
    My order from GC just updated on Parcel Motel. Hopefully we'll have them by tomorrow.

Same here. Probably wouldn't have too much time to play it tonight so no problem waiting for it to arrive tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any word on the online features? Is it still a nightmare to invite a friend to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Same here, email from PM about 20 mins ago.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Same here. Probably wouldn't have too much time to play it tonight so no problem waiting for it to arrive tomorrow.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Same here, email from PM about 20 mins ago.

:D

Bastards :D

Nothing from PM yet for my shipment :P

Edit: Still no email but I logged in to my PM account and shows the package has arrived in Dublin. Tomorrow it is then :)

• Advertisement

Just got a featured player in my club Ziyech from Ajax 96 rated! Does he stay that high or what's crack?

Just got a featured player in my club Ziyech from Ajax 96 rated! Does he stay that high or what's crack?

Everyone online is asking the same. No answer from konami just yet. I'm 99% sure that player is only that rating for the week but there's 2 possibilities for what happens after that. Option 1, he reverts to normal rating and you keep him. Option 2, which at the moment seems most likely, you only have him for the week and then you lose him. Very stupid I know but I suppose if you kept them, you'd be getting cheap overpowered players every week and everyone would have an unbelievable team from the start

Colemania wrote: »
    Everyone online is asking the same. No answer from konami just yet. I'm 99% sure that player is only that rating for the week but there's 2 possibilities for what happens after that. Option 1, he reverts to normal rating and you keep him. Option 2, which at the moment seems most likely, you only have him for the week and then you lose him. Very stupid I know but I suppose if you kept them, you'd be getting cheap overpowered players every week and everyone would have an unbelievable team from the start

Kinda pointless so. If gonna bring those players in just do it way ultimate team does it.

He caught my eye at the world cup for Morocco and looked decent :)

He's rated 84 on FIFA 18

From the Konami Website …
    Featured Players' are those who played exceptionally well in matches that occurred over the weekend. New Featured Players are available each week and sport an exclusive portrait design.

As a reflection of their standout performance during the weekend's matches, many of their stats are set higher than usual. They may even come equipped with additional skills that will allow adept users to take full advantage of their technical flair.

Stay on top of the Featured Players list to ensure a steady stream of top talent onto your squad.

It's definitely only a short term stat boost, probably only a weeklong one until the next batch of featured players are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I've been playing myClub for most of today. Good craic. I've been trying to achieve all the goals to earn more myClub coins etc. Never really played myClub before. I mostly play online co-op with friends so we were a bit head-wrecked not having a myClub team the last few months on PES2018 because all you keep coming up against in online co-op is myClub teams with superstar players and it was just tougher and tougher. So, I decided to do get my own myClub team this year.

Regarding managers in myClub - what do you do to "unlock" the better managers in the game? I can see many of them and how much they cost but they all have that lock symbol beside them so I'm guessing I can't buy them yet. I have to advance to a certain level on myClub before they become available to buy?

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I've been playing myClub for most of today. Good craic. I've been trying to achieve all the goals to earn more myClub coins etc. Never really played myClub before. I mostly play online co-op with friends so we were a bit head-wrecked not having a myClub team the last few months on PES2018 because all you keep coming up against in online co-op is myClub teams with superstar players and it was just tougher and tougher. So, I decided to do get my own myClub team this year.

Regarding managers in myClub - what do you do to "unlock" the better managers in the game? I can see many of them and how much they cost but they all have that lock symbol beside them so I'm guessing I can't buy them yet. I have to advance to a certain level on myClub before they become available to buy?

No I think the lock just means you can only buy with coins, not GP

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Regarding managers in myClub - what do you do to "unlock" the better managers in the game?

Actually what's the point in managers in myClub? You 'manage' the team yourself in terms of tactics and player selection, and largely control the team on the pitch, so why bother investing hard earned in game currency on upgrading a manager?

I did it once last year and can't say I noticed any difference on the pitch as to how the team played so I never bothered with changing the manager again after that.

Actually what's the point in managers in myClub? You 'manage' the team yourself in terms of tactics and player selection, and largely control the team on the pitch, so why bother investing hard earned in game currency on upgrading a manager?

I did it once last year and can't say I noticed any difference on the pitch as to how the team played so I never bothered with changing the manager again after that.

Different managers have different formations attached. You can only play formation your manager has. Also, the better ones have higher manager skills or costs which means you can play all your best players in the one team. You'll soon find out when you build a team of 80+ players, you won't be able to fit them all in

Different managers have different formations attached. You can only play formation your manager has. Also, the better ones have higher manager skills or costs which means you can play all your best players in the one team. You'll soon find out when you build a team of 80+ players, you won't be able to fit them all in

Exactly. I ran out of GP and couldn't afford to renew managers contract with 700 skills
    I had to go back to the cheaper manager with a 300 skill rating :(.

So out of my team that had 9 black and 2 gold balls in it nearly 3/4 had to be dropped from the squad :(

Plenty of white balls used then and dropped divisions pretty quick :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I haven't played myClub in a few months and my recollection is clearly hazy as I had forgotten the benefits you mentioned. Thanks for the refresher! :)

Scrap that......

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1035159870830518272?s=19

So what's the craic with the update file? Always been a fifa guy so all this is new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Scored this cracker online crossbar and in, all manual too!

https://streamable.com/ijl15

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wont be touching online, my ego is too fragile to lose to internet bullies. :pac:

I am looking forward to Master League though, cant wait for tomorrow.

That's crazy! If Ziyech is 96, doesn't that mean we'll end up with over a hundred 95+ rated players by the end of the season? I know you won't have all of them in your club but it still seems some people could have massively overpowered squads.

So what's the craic with the update file? Always been a fifa guy so all this is new to me

As a FIFA guy you'll be used to all the licences of the major leagues being included (i.e. English Premier League, it's logos/branding, team names and their logos and kits), with PES they don't have the licence so they can't include it legally in the game so you get fake club names and logos with basic non descript kits. However PES on PS4 and PC allows you to import 'Option Files' made by creative players who share them with the community and results in effectively restoring all the 'missing items' into the game.

Have a read of this if you want to try it yourself

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/pro-evolution-soccer-2019/How_To_Install_Option_Files_in_PES_2019_On_PS4

The wepes subreddit I mentioned in previous post have a thread with links to the option files currently available. There's even video detailing how most are installed.

I'd recommend keeping eye on there in general you always get plenty info on the game what's on offer every week etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pretty confused by the team of the week stuff. That is ongoing? And then average players who have a good week become superpowered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Pretty confused by the team of the week stuff. That is ongoing? And then average players who have a good week become superpowered?

Do you get to keep your team of the week players ?

Advertisement