Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I don't know. I'm from Jan 16. I check in with HRM every six months or so, so I know when they say vetting is outstanding that it is. Otherwise I would have had an offer or the dreaded letter by now! But hopefully your theory is correct and I get an offer for October! That would be great.

Did you have to repeat anything due to expiry?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

D Trent wrote: »
    Did you have to repeat anything due to expiry?

Not yet but they've said I'll have to repeat the medical which means it's even more unlikely I'll make the October intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Not yet but they've said I'll have to repeat the medical which means it's even more unlikely I'll make the October intake.

I had to repeat medical and physical even though I had them passed.
    When did you do your physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

D Trent wrote: »
    I had to repeat medical and physical even though I had them passed.
    When did you do your physical?

Yeah, it's been over a year since my PCT too. Guess I have that to look forward to as well. It hardly seems fair when some have to repeat and others just get offers with out of date medicals and PCTs. Also nowhere does it say the PCT
    only lasts a year. Sure you have to do it twice during the 8 months anyway, so that just seems like a giant waste of time. There should be an amnesty for all Jan/Sep 16 applicants.

And maybe June 17 too because of the back log. It'll be a year before some of them get an offer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

When are the offers out for October or are people just taking a guess at when they're out in the middle of September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

deiseman17 wrote: »
    When are the offers out for October or are people just taking a guess at when they're out in the middle of September?

Wondering the same myself. If you contacted HRM would they tell you ? Wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

assuming the start date is october 1st id image offers would be out first week of sept. Its usually a months notice isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

GLdeC wrote: »
    First offers I'd say they will be out before the 16th of September and second offers before the 25th.

For anyone wondering about the potential offer dates.

mrDerek wrote: »
    assuming the start date is october 1st id image offers would be out first week of sept. Its usually a months notice isnt it.

I heard it's 15 and 22 of October

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

It'll be a 2/3 week wait so before offers are out.. Is there a massive backlog from 2016 and does OOM actually matter if someone in the 200s gets preference over someone in 400s everything passed including vetting? Presuming it does..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

the wait is unreal. I rang they said I'm waiting to be signed off. So waiting impaitently for the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Alkar24 wrote: »
    the wait is unreal. I rang they said I'm waiting to be signed off. So waiting impaitently for the offers.

What campaign are you from and what oom if ye dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

2017 June and 400s

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Alkar24 wrote: »
    2017 June and 400s

Exact same as me so

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Is it 200 there taking for the intake in Oct?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Be glad you haven't been waiting since 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Anyone who need fitness in August any luck with vetting signed off yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 spfmorris

called appointments the other day and found that my vetting is complete and waiting to be signed off. i asked how long it takes and they said a lot of peoples get signed off a week or two before the offers go out. they do a load in one go. and also got told offers will most likely be second week of september

spfmorris wrote: »
    called appointments the other day and found that my vetting is complete and waiting to be signed off. i asked how long it takes and they said a lot of peoples get signed off a week or two before the offers go out. they do a load in one go. and also got told offers will most likely be second week of september

What is your oom and what campaign are you from if you don't mind me asking

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    What is your oom and what campaign are you from if you don't mind me asking

from june 17 and low 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ammsher

from june 17 and low 100

Does our oom change after our interview? I've everything completed no repeats vetting passed waiting on seniors to sign off.
    June 2017 campaign I put in my application Feb 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Ammsher wrote: »
    Does our oom change after our interview? I've everything completed no repeats vetting passed waiting on seniors to sign off.
    June 2017 campaign I put in my application Feb 2017.

The OOM you get from the interview is the one you have until you enter the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

When did you complete fitness ?

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    When did you complete fitness ?
    c

did the fitness back in feb

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Hate to break it to you guys but my vetting has been back for months now and I'm still not signed off, I'm from September 16 hrm have said to alot of ppl that it will be done and when the time comes it isn't so I wouldn't be getting hopes up entirely. Hrm say things to get people off the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Clono wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you guys but my vetting has been back for months now and I'm still not signed off, I'm from September 16 hrm have said to alot of ppl that it will be done and when the time comes it isn't so I wouldn't be getting hopes up entirely. Hrm say things to get people off the phone.

Fair enough, but the general trend tends to be that when people have their vetting cleared and are awaiting sign off from the commissioner is that a batch of people are signed off in one of the days leading to the offers all in one go, You not being signed off could be individual to your case.
    So I think the information the previous poster got is accurate enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Clono wrote: »

Can i ask what your oom was? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

We should all make a signature box with which campaign we were from and our OOM to save time because that seems to be on every second post haha !

Everyone weighing off the invisible person on the internet its remarkably selfish !

But Good Luck 🀣

I rang on Friday and was told vetting is complete and waiting to be signed off I'm from June 17 oom late 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dardis91

From Sept 2016 campaign, done medical and fitness over a year ago and still heard no word... anyone else in the same scenario??

Advertisement