Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda October intake 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

So do we think the next Intake is October or November and is there just one or two more intakes by the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Do you receive an email when your vetting is complete??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Induction weeks are the 15th and 22nd with the class starting the 29th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

How do u know the dates already ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Kerry1992 wrote: »
    How do u know the dates already ?

Buddy’s father in law does the first aid during induction week and they’re the dates he’s booked in for in October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

Ok thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Rang HR and was told vetting still outstanding.. But she also said the vetting from the super ie family is back and the international vetting ie family abroad is also back. Could she possibly mean its waiting to be signed off or is that something separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

mrDerek wrote: »
    Rang HR and was told vetting still outstanding.. But she also said the vetting from the super ie family is back and the international vetting ie family abroad is also back. Could she possibly mean its waiting to be signed off or is that something separate?

I'd be thankful for that level of detail. I emailed recently and didn't even get a response. I think sign off is something seperate. Think it's when your vetting is complete and your entire file is sent forward to the Commissioner's Office/senior management to be reviewed and signed off on.

I cant think of anything that would be outstanding though :/

mrDerek wrote: »
    I cant think of anything that would be outstanding though :/

Irish security clearance on you? I dunno? Guess we won't know what vetting really involves until it's our turn to do it for some incoming recruits and then we may be cursing the process but for an entirely different reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Many from june 17 all done? Had my last local meeting two weeks ago and i got word last week from the local ChiefSuper that he sent it off and he also spoke to HQ and they said they are going to try and line me up for October 2018 providing all paperwork is back. So i take it there is def another intake.?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

SO7378 wrote: »
    Many from june 17 all done? Had my last local meeting two weeks ago and i got word last week from the local ChiefSuper that he sent it off and he also spoke to HQ and they said they are going to try and line me up for October 2018 providing all paperwork is back. So i take it there is def another intake.?!?

All done myself since May, passed interview Sept 2017. A year has almost passed since then :(
    Vetting outstanding still, have lived abroad so not sure how long it will take but am hopeful of Oct. Have a good OOM number but this appears to count for little if your file is incomplete. Best of luck, hopefully they'll sort through everyone's files in time for Oct but don't hold your breath..

Alberto17 wrote: »
    All done myself since May, passed interview Sept 2017. A year has almost passed since then :(
    Vetting outstanding still, have lived abroad so not sure how long it will take but am hopeful of Oct. Have a good OOM number but this appears to count for little if your file is incomplete. Best of luck, hopefully they'll sort through everyone's files in time for Oct but don't hold your breath..

Not so bad, well atleast we have all done its just up to Garda HQ to get all paperwork sorted, and ive been told to ring the oddtl time and check up on it so maybe try that too, im just waiting to be signed off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Alberto17 wrote: »

I sent away form B nearly 7 months ago now and I rang hrm today still vetting is outstanding, other than that all is complete since the start of this month my oom is low 400s so hopefully vetting comes back in the next 5-6 weeks until offers are out.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    I sent away form B nearly 7 months ago now and I rang hrm today still vetting is outstanding, other than that all is complete since the start of this month my oom is low 400s so hopefully vetting comes back in the next 5-6 weeks until offers are out.

Yeah im in the same boat when did you do the PCT? 12th of may was it?

Yeah im in the same boat when did you do the PCT? 12th of may was it?

No I only did it in July there, and had local meets in June, so I am literally just waiting for the vetting beureu to give HQ a thumbs up in regards to my vetting, but I've lived abroad so that could be delaying it, at least there is 5-6 weeks until offers im praying it comes back before then.

Doyle93 wrote: »
    No I only did it in July there, and had local meets in June, so I am literally just waiting for the vetting beureu to give HQ a thumbs up in regards to my vetting, but I've lived abroad so that could be delaying it, at least there is 5-6 weeks until offers im praying it comes back before then.

Oh right i was the other way around just did my last meeting about two weeks ago, and it arrived in hq like two days ago, i was born up north but living down south all my life so im hoping theyll have checked that already.. apparently when they send the local station your file it gets sent to all vetting agencies .. usually local vetting is the longest.. my application was sat in my station for 6 and half months...a joke but its all done now thank god.

Oh right i was the other way around just did my last meeting about two weeks ago, and it arrived in hq like two days ago, i was born up north but living down south all my life so im hoping theyll have checked that already.. apparently when they send the local station your file it gets sent to all vetting agencies .. usually local vetting is the longest.. my application was sat in my station for 6 and half months...a joke but its all done now thank god.

How many vetting agencies are there

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Alkar24

What else do they vet you on

Just noticed on the FAQ page for the 2018 recruitment drive that there were approx 1,000 applicants from previous campaigns still being processed. The page was last modified on 17th May 2018. There's been an intake since then so that leaves approx. 800 still waiting on a place. So it will take at least one year for some of us currently waiting to get an offer...

I wonder if there is anyone left from the 2013/2014 campaign?

Also see that someone stuck in a Freedom of Information request in 2017 for 'The next three dates when persons will enter the Garda Training Centre, Templemore to become a member of the AGS.' Request was granted on 27th September 2017 but only covered as far as the April intake. (But means that the intake dates were known at least 7months in advance!)

Does anyone want to/know how to stick in another one and put us all out of our misery? It would be nice to be able to plan!

• Advertisement

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Just noticed on the FAQ page for the 2018 recruitment drive that there were approx 1,000 applicants from previous campaigns still being processed. The page was last modified on 17th May 2018. There's been an intake since then so that leaves approx. 800 still waiting on a place. So it will take at least one year for some of us currently waiting to get an offer...

I wonder if there is anyone left from the 2013/2014 campaign?

Also see that someone stuck in a Freedom of Information request in 2017 for 'The next three dates when persons will enter the Garda Training Centre, Templemore to become a member of the AGS.' Request was granted on 27th September 2017 but only covered as far as the April intake. (But means that the intake dates were known at least 7months in advance!)

Does anyone want to/know how to stick in another one and put us all out of our misery? It would be nice to be able to plan!

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Workforce_plan&ved=2ahUKEwiYvNWt1szcAhUhBcAKHWD1CLIQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2sZixquB5eDyf6ak8eV8bl

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keenan88

Anyone have an idea when offers will be out for the next intake ?

mid sept is my guess

Keenan88 wrote: »

Going by previous intakes it will be the 7th or 14th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JMurphy001

Everything passed about a month ago from June 17 campaign wonder is there any point contacting HRM to find out my status of vetting or is it to early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

JMurphy001 wrote: »
    Everything passed about a month ago from June 17 campaign wonder is there any point contacting HRM to find out my status of vetting or is it to early ?

There is no harm in asking, at least you know what stage you are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Job456

Keenan88 wrote: »
    what do you mean by next mistake? Is that just the next batch of people on the oom?

Job456 wrote: »
    what do you mean by next mistake? Is that just the next batch of people on the oom?

It's whoever's vetting is complete, file signed off and next up in order of merit from Jan 2016, Sep 2016 and June 2017 in time to be given an offer for the October intake. I didn't include the 2013/2014 there because I hope for their sakes they're all in by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

Elliot192 wrote: »
    It's whoever's vetting is complete, file signed off and next up in order of merit from Jan 2016, Sep 2016 and June 2017 in time to be given an offer for the October intake. I didn't include the 2013/2014 there because I hope for their sakes they're all in by now!

First offers I'd say they will be out before the 16th of September and second offers before the 25th.

Advertisement