Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

What’s the story on the free e books?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

"Available to new Prime members only."

Naturally. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Amazon Prime for Irish residents just included the free next day UK delivery.
    Since the start of July 2018 – Amazon Prime members in Ireland can now also get FREE priority 2 day delivery to Ireland on all orders (of eligible items) . Normally this 2 day delivery costs a minimum of £14.98.

So free next day delivery to a country you don't live in?

And free priority two day delivery of eligible items, which is probably very few items and of no real use either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Effects wrote: »
    So free next day delivery to a country you don't live in?

And free priority two day delivery of eligible items, which is probably very few items and of no real use either.

Why so negative? Amazon.co.uk is not an Irish site. Why the expectation of anything more?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

PaulKK wrote: »
    Why so negative? Amazon.co.uk is not an Irish site. Why the expectation of anything more?

I don't expect anything more. I just don't think what's offered regarding delivery is that good for people who don't live in the UK.

I've subscribed to Prime a few times, it wasn't great and I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks OP.

Prime (delivery) is worth it if you buy regularly from Amazon, which I do. Most items I purchase are eligible for Prime delivery. Two day delivery is excellent. Most Irish sites do not even have express delivery and if they do, it costs a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

Thanks OP, was debating whether the full £79 was worth it recently as the 2 day elegible items can be thin on the ground at times.
    £59 seems a decent punt though, especially if you want to get things under £25 (especially £5-15 range) and don't want to stack items in order to get free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

I find it very useful.
    As someone said you can get items sent witout having to reach £25 for normal free standard delivery.
    Example for myself would be: my son ordeted iphone X from eir. I ordered otterbox case from amazon warehouse for £10 instead of €35 in dhops here. Case arrived in two days. Just before phone. He put the case on the phone before he dropped it....
    Ordered iphone 6 tempeted glass for iphone 6 last night for £2.75...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You also get Amazon Prime video and Music, not to be snuffed at

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

amazon music not available here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

You'll get the international version of Prime Video which is limited in choice but you can contact Amazon support and ask them to update your home location to the UK which allows you view the UK selection without VPN or SmartDNS.

Just tell them you moved to the UK, provide a NI address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't expect anything more. I just don't think what's offered regarding delivery is that good for people who don't live in the UK.

I've subscribed to Prime a few times, it wasn't great and I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

But the problem is if you don't pay for it you can expect to wait a week before Amazon ship items to you and then they will send by super slow and unreliable iParcel with the even more unreliable Fastway doing the last leg of the delivery.

If you want any of the other perks of Prime like audio books (3 free with prime membership and they are £20 each) then it can add to the value.

I also didn't realise until I joined that you can include the whole household in Prime for deliveries so my wife and sons accounts now also benefit from faster delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've placed probably 20 orders since the 2 day guaranteed delivery came in, haven't had any that weren't eligible.

Prime Video and 2-day delivery makes it well worth it for me. Especially with an NUS student card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

With brexit coming Amazon should make an Amazon.ie site.

But its not just the site is it :rolleyes: Its the warehouses etc that go with it. If importing from the UK becomes an issue then a dot ie site won't change anything.

As long as mugs pay out of their own pocket for re-mailer services, VPNs to get better Prime video content etc, Amazon have no incentive to offer a better service to Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I find Amazon has gone shocking expensive for most things. Very rarely the cheapest for anything these days.

my3cents wrote: »

I also didn't realise until I joined that you can include the whole household in Prime for deliveries so my wife and sons accounts now also benefit from faster delivery.

Whats the process for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I find Amazon has gone shocking expensive for most things. Very rarely the cheapest for anything these days.
    What other sites do you use? Excluding the Asian ones. Thanks.

Will it ever be cheaper than £59 or is that the lowest it will go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Mugs? Calm down horse. Why would I pay more for an item from amazon to have it shipped to Ireland directly, rather than use a mail redirect service to get the item cheaper? :confused: Mugs indeed. :rolleyes:

Edit: I will give you a hint to make it easier for you... VAT.
    As long as mugs pay out of their own pocket for re-mailer services, VPNs to get better Prime video content etc, Amazon have no incentive to offer a better service to Irish customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I find it very useful.
    As someone said you can get items sent witout having to reach £25 for normal free standard delivery.
    Example for myself would be: my son ordeted iphone X from eir. I ordered otterbox case from amazon warehouse for £10 instead of €35 in dhops here. Case arrived in two days. Just before phone. He put the case on the phone before he dropped it....
    Ordered iphone 6 tempeted glass for iphone 6 last night for £2.75...

Its Great ,on Sunday Morning I ordered 3 items , 2 less than £10 and the other less than £20 and in 3 different orders and all will be delivered by AnPost to me before 9 AM on Tuesday Morning.

No VPN required to get UK Prime Content ,

As a customer of Amazon since 1998 I am pretty sure I am no mug when it comes to getting value from them , Even when I need to use Parcel Motel ,

For example I got an LG 43inch TV for £299 + €7 Parcel Motel for a TV that was best priced in DID at €479.

What other sites do you use? Excluding the Asian ones. Thanks.

Will it ever be cheaper than £59 or is that the lowest it will go?

Setup a UK Student a/c and get Amazon Prime for £39/year

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

DivingDuck wrote: »
    "Available to new Prime members only."

Naturally. :mad:

Worked for me with no probs.

me too, and I had a months 7.99 subscription when prime day came around just recently. So the link seems to work for those who have had it previously

pmce4 wrote: »
    amazon music not available here

I have it with my Amz Prime membership

For Tennis fans the US Open is included with Prime this year

Damien85 wrote: »
    Whats the process for this?

My mistake you can only add one adult, I thought I had added both but on checking I haven't. Interface seems all over the place as I went around in circles trying to get the link to the page were you add the account and only got it by going to the T&C's page and getting the link from there https://www.amazon.co.uk/myh/households which I suspect you can only get to if you are a prime member.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Is it really as easy as asking for the UK content on Prime Video? It surely cant just be that?

Not too sure if discussing same breaks the charter. Apologies if it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hogzy wrote: »
    Is it really as easy as asking for the UK content on Prime Video? It surely cant just be that?

You just need to have a UK billing address on your account. They accept Parcel Wizard/Motel addresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement