Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Fire TVs? so you are not using Firestick?

No but they work the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I can get that item delivered to my Irish address too.

"This item can be delivered to your selected dispatch location in Ireland. Details
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available."

iggy wrote: »
    Says doesn't deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've just signed up and, sorry for the silly question, but when you guys are talking about having access to Unlimited Music do you mean for free as part of your sub? I just see "£7.99 a month for Prime members".

I don't want to sign up and get charged as I don't really want it that much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No but they work the same way.

Seems not, with Firestick in ROI.

Fire TV might be supported but the stick isn't. Really stupid imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've just signed up and, sorry for the silly question, but when you guys are talking about having access to Unlimited Music do you mean for free as part of your sub? I just see "£7.99 a month for Prime members".

I don't want to sign up and get charged as I don't really want it that much :pac:

I thought the same yesterday and panicked when I submitted my card details. Amazon assured me I didn't sign up for the "Unlimited" :)
    You get access to the basic 2 million songs but if you want "Unlimited" with access to 40 million then you need to subscribe the £7.99 a month for that

Even with the basic music, I found albums that were not on Spotify so that's handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Seems not, with Firestick in ROI.

Fire TV might be supported but the stick isn't. Really stupid imho.

It's ridiculous. I'm contemplating buying a fire stick but might have to go down the route of the FireTv instead.

Maybe others can confirm/deny that Prime is available on basic fire stick in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

It's ridiculous. I'm contemplating buying a fire stick but might have to go down the route of the FireTv instead.

Maybe others can confirm/deny that Prime is available on basic fire stick in Ireland?

My friend was watching prime UK content on a fire stick last night, he signed up for the prime offer the other day, and used the same method as described on this thread - PM address and revolut virtual card and a webchat with Amazon. I did notice that the viewing restriction notice was still showing, but when he clicked the "watch now with prime" button it played. He said that previously any movies etc with restrictions brought up an error code. He used PM to purchase his fire stick as well, not sure if that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

The 1st gen FireTV stick works fine for me on Prime video and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

First and Second Gen Firesticks work fine for Prime Video, I have both and just purchased Prime and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

We have Prime, and can watch the US Open with no problem. Perhaps it isn't available on the free trial? Did you check with AMZ support??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

changing my region worked in chat with no questions asked. Great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Damien85 wrote: »
    changing my region worked in chat with no questions asked. Great!!

May I asked what you said to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

F34 wrote: »

I posted my transcript a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone manage to get their region changed to the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

How can I check if I'm on the UK region?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone manage to get their region changed to the US?

amazon US is a different story i guess ...but might be wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

xtal191 wrote: »
    How can I check if I'm on the UK region?

try to watch X-files :) on Amazon Ireland wont let you play just to purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Strange works on the app and can watch it on amazon.co.uk but when I go to primevideo.com it asks me to update location and wont let me choose United Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

F34 wrote: »

ME: Hi , I'd like to change my Prime video region to the United Kingdom please.

Assistant: Sure, I'd be glad to help you with that

30 seconds later

Assistant: I've updated your region to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,850 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining. 3 days to Ireland from Amazon (which is what actually happens on the 2 day delivery orders, in my experience) is very good, but I do think 2 days is a bit of a pipe dream.

Heres my last two:

Thursday, 30 August
    6:00 PM
    Delivered
    DUBLIN 16,

2:47 PM
    Available for collection
    DUBLIN 16,

Out for delivery
    DUBLIN 16,

Tuesday, 28 August
    2:07 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Monday, 27 August
    Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
    Dunfermline, Fife UK

In this case, the parcel was in Ireland within the day, in Dublin actually, yet took two days to be delivered to another part of Dublin.

Wednesday, 29 August
    6:00 PM
    Delivered
    DUBLIN 8,

7:24 AM
    Out for delivery
    DUBLIN 8,

Tuesday, 28 August
    1:59 PM
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

Gourock, Inverclyde UK

And despite what it says here (6pm on day 2) it actually wasn't delivered until 11am on day 3. Dunno what was happening there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

I posted my transcript a few pages back.

cheers got sorted.

does it apply the uk setting to Fire TV as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

In middle of chat and get this reply
    Hello, my name is . I'll be happy to help you.
    I understand that you'd like to update your account to UK.
    To update your account to UK, you need to have an active UK payment card and billing address.

Gave them parcel motel address and told them I don't need a uk payment card.

Don't know why I am any different from what I have read here

They say

I'm sorry, without UK payment card we are unable to change your account to UK

Not luck for me, anything i can do

EDIT: I understand your concern, Due to content licensing restrictions, Prime Video content from Amazon.co.uk can only be purchased, streamed, and downloaded by customers in the United Kingdom and Channel Islands
    So you need to have UK payment card on your account.
    Alternatively you can stream prime videos from your Prime video.com account.

Think my problem is that I have the international firestick which I bought from the US website and I don't have the UK firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining. 3 days to Ireland from Amazon (which is what actually happens on the 2 day delivery orders, in my experience) is very good, but I do think 2 days is a bit of a pipe dream.

My first order with Amazon Prime took 44~ hours. Pretty good going. It was a bunch of tech things. Stuff I imagine they sell a lot of and have on hand quickly.(sd cards, led light, bluetooth speaker etc)

I ordered at 15:29 on the 28th, dispatched at midnight and it arrived just before 12:00 on the 30th.
    o5t1IIw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Marje wrote:

Try using chat again and u should get a different customer service agent... And if they don't do it, keep trying until you get one who will...

Try using chat again and u should get a different customer service agent... And if they don't do it, keep trying until you get one who will...

I edited my post above - I had to leave the chat. I think it's because I have the international firestick which I bought from the us website and not the uk firestick.

I'm useless at these thing :P

I can watch The X-Files from Ireland for free

https://www.primevideo.com/search/ref=atv_sr_sug_4?phrase=x%20files&ie=UTF8

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Marje wrote: »
    In middle of chat and get this reply

Gave them parcel motel address and told them I don't need a uk payment card.

Don't know why I am any different from what I have read here

They say

I'm sorry, without UK payment card we are unable to change your account to UK

EDIT: I understand your concern, Due to content licensing restrictions, Prime Video content from Amazon.co.uk can only be purchased, streamed, and downloaded by customers in the United Kingdom and Channel Islands
    So you need to have UK payment card on your account.
    Alternatively you can stream prime videos from your Prime video.com account.

Think my problem is that I have the international firestick which I bought from the US website and I don't have the UK firestick.

Add a Revolut card to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I tried getting a Nus card to avail cheaper rates but nus application form is not accepting Irish Post code. What did you guys fill up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Which course did you buy? As ecareers is gone so I didn't sign up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Here is free two day delivery at its very best .... :D

Thursday, 30 August

3:45 PM
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB

Friday, 31 August

7:35 AM
    Item X
    Dear Customer, your item is out for delivery today. If you will not be home, call xxxxxxxxx to agree alternative delivery arrangements

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement