Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

xtal191 wrote: »
    Strange works on the app and can watch it on amazon.co.uk but when I go to primevideo.com it asks me to update location and wont let me choose United Kingdom.

no idea mate, ive never used primevideo.com just amazon.co.uk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I tried getting a Nus card to avail cheaper rates but nus application form is not accepting Irish Post code. What did you guys fill up there?

Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

They said they changed my location to UK yesterday and everything works in the prime video on my phone and tv but amazon.co.uk doesn’t allow me to watch saying my account is still Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I had to log out of and then log back into amazon.co.uk for it to pick up the change in country to watch the videos, try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's ridiculous. I'm contemplating buying a fire stick but might have to go down the route of the FireTv instead.

Maybe others can confirm/deny that Prime is available on basic fire stick in Ireland?

I have a firestick and use UK Prime on it no problem. Its a great yolk.
    Also have Netflix BBC iPlayer 4OD ITV Hub Plex IPTV etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

Installed app through play store on my android box. Installed fine, looks fine but won't actually play any titles. Just kicks back to the title. Thought it might be because signal not great in that particular room but Netflix runs fine. Might be able to resolve after quick Google search see some related suggestions but grateful if anyone has any knowledge on this? TIA

Edited to say it just won't let me view Seinfeld but is letting me resume Thomas and Tank Engine kids were watching on separate smart TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

xtal191 wrote: »
    Strange works on the app and can watch it on amazon.co.uk but when I go to primevideo.com it asks me to update location and wont let me choose United Kingdom.

If you're resident in the UK, US, Japan, Germany or Austria you access Prime Video through your local Amazon site, such as amazon.co.uk

If you're resident in any other country, you access Prime Video through primevideo.com

You don't get access to both. If you've got a UK address as your home address, you can't use primevideo.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

danm14 wrote:
    You don't get access to both. If you've got a UK address as your home address, you can't use primevideo.com.

danm14 wrote:
    If you're resident in the UK, US, Japan, Germany or Austria you access Prime Video through your local Amazon site, such as amazon.co.uk

danm14 wrote:
    If you're resident in any other country, you access Prime Video through primevideo.com

I'll try through amazon.co.uk thanks we are registered in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm a prime member paying monthly.
    Got onto live chat to complain about the offer for new customers.
    Said I was cancelling my prime as existing customers should be given deals.
    After a few minutes I got a refund of £19.38 from a previous order as a goodwill gesture. Was hoping to blag a free month prime but that'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

My 1st order with prime made on Thursday

I received my prime delivery this morning
    Shipped yesterday morning from uk

The post man said the guy that transports from amazon to Ireland warehouse is buying 12 new artics for deliveries to Ireland (not sure if he’s bulsh1tting or getting mixed up)

This Saturday morning deliveries is a trial by amazon , he said an post flat out with amazon alone

Good for us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Yeah had something delivered today by an post from prime also. I was wondering if it was an exclusive service for Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Despite the lesser choice on the ROI version compared to the UK version, the ROI smart tv app is actually much better. Uk app has loads of pay tv cluttering the interface and also the only way you can see a show in 4K is by going through the 4K section. I’m going back to the Irish version...after the kids watch Batman v Superman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Seems not, with Firestick in ROI.

Fire TV might be supported but the stick isn't. Really stupid imho.

It's ridiculous. I'm contemplating buying a fire stick but might have to go down the route of the FireTv instead.

Maybe others can confirm/deny that Prime is available on basic fire stick in Ireland?

I have a Fire TV and went onto Live Chat last night to change the region. It didn’t work after re-powering so the CS agent told me to de-register the device. I went into my account, de-registered and logged back in on the Fire TV and I have the UK content. Might be worth a try if you are struggling with a Fire Stick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Why don't Amazon sell the Firestick and Fire TV direct to Ireland from the UK? I ordered a Firestick and despite a few of the apps not working, some of them do? What's the difference with the 'International' one? Do they just not have those apps installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So I got onto chat yesterday and said I was annoyed/disappointed etc that as a new Prime subscriber for the last 2 months I didn't get a chance to get the 59 Pounds deal (I also pointed out I'm a long time customer).
    I'm currently on a monthly plan and they said to subscribe to the Annual plan for 79 pounds and they will refund 20 pounds to my card.
    Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Took out a free trial and have downloaded some books which you can read for free with Prime. Does anyone know if after I cancel my trial the books will still be in my library or will they disappear?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wheety wrote: »
    Why don't Amazon sell the Firestick and Fire TV direct to Ireland from the UK? I ordered a Firestick and despite a few of the apps not working, some of them do? What's the difference with the 'International' one? Do they just not have those apps installed?

Thats fine, you know what to expect.
    But the avg joe who expects everything to work in Ireland will bitch and moan to Amazon and thats going to waste alot of customer service reps time.

Soooo, makes sense to save the money and not ship to Ireland for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Hi all got moved onto UK content thanks to all the posters here so appreciate all that much better now so no issue keeping membership now after trial is up next week.

Had a quick question for some of the people here that know more on tech stuff than I would. I have an Amazon Firestick and the Prime Video app downloaded on both mine and my wifes phone and logged into my account on both phones. I can cast through Firestick on my phone but same option doesnt appear when using wifes phone anyone a workaround here?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Kilteragh

adox wrote: »
    I have a firestick and use UK Prime on it no problem. Its a great yolk.
    Also have Netflix BBC iPlayer 4OD ITV Hub Plex IPTV etc etc

I just got the amazon prime video location switched to UK and it is working. However I can't see the BBC iPlayer. How did you get this working? APK mirror or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,372 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Hi all got moved onto UK content thanks to all the posters here so appreciate all that much better now so no issue keeping membership now after trial is up next week.

Had a quick question for some of the people here that know more on tech stuff than I would. I have an Amazon Firestick and the Prime Video app downloaded on both mine and my wifes phone and logged into my account on both phones. I can cast through Firestick on my phone but same option doesnt appear when using wifes phone anyone a workaround here?

Thanks
    What version of android does your wife phone run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

irishgeo wrote: »
    What version of android does your wife phone run?

How would I find out that? All I know is that is a Samsung phone mine is too but different one. Mine is probably an older one if that means anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamesieliz

Kilteragh wrote: »
    I just got the amazon prime video location switched to UK and it is working. However I can't see the BBC iPlayer. How did you get this working? APK mirror or other?

i have the location switched to UK, i have the 4OD working , but cannot get ITV Hub or BBC iPlayer to work ?
    i have logged in to both apps on the firestick and have given a UK postcode when requested , but when i try to play programmes i keep getting an error message - this happening for anyone else ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the location change only works for prime video, other apps like bbc that re region locked (4OD is not) are unsurprisingly nothing to do with where you amazon account says you live and instead use your ip address to gate access or not. so if you fire stick looks like it is in Ireland they wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

mossym wrote: »
    the location change only works for prime video, other apps like bbc that re region locked (4OD is not) are unsurprisingly nothing to do with where you amazon account says you live and instead use your ip address to gate access or not. so if you fire stick looks like it is in Ireland they wont work

Yup. The clue is in what country your Firestick looks like it is in. ;)

Does the student trick still work now that NUS has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamesieliz

Wheety wrote: »
    Yup. The clue is in what country your Firestick looks like it is in. ;)

Does the student trick still work now that NUS has changed?

i hear ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

jamesieliz wrote: »
    i hear ya :pac:

It does.... Just became a student all over again 3 weeks ago and signed up to student prime trial...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

iwantthat wrote: »
    It does.... Just became a student all over again 3 weeks ago and signed up to student prime trial...

I can't get the student card. I signed up with the open university but the NUS won't accept my PI number. They say it's not valid. Has anyone any suggestions for how I can resolve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kilteragh wrote: »

You can download the app from the App Store.

You will need a DNS switcher like Getflix or something similar as it’s location dependent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As the bargain has expired and discussion changing to streaming options I'm closing this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement