Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's going to see the Pope?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If allegations are untrue, why is the Pope apologising

Because it did happen but I have doubts that all the cases/allegations are actually true. Its a handy way of making a few bucks i.e say you were abused as a kid and stick a claim in or have some vindictive parent claim their Johnny or Mickey was abused and stick a claim in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,283 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

timthumbni wrote: »
    Watched the news and some woman said we obviously didn’t get the weather we were all praying for.....

I think there is a lot of insanity still rampant in the island of Ireland.

Don't your DUP advocate creationism in school?

You've enough to worry about..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

billyhead wrote: »
    Your a bigger clown yourself if you believe every thing you hear or read.

People would still be outraged if it was a single rape of a child that had been covered up by the Vatican. The numbers don't actually matter. The fact that you don't get that is why you are a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Nobody prevented anyone from going. Tickets didn't sell out during the availability period. Anybody that wanted to go could have got a ticket.

Tickets gone for weeks.

https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/Tickets/Closing-Mass-ticket-only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The window offering them for sale closed, were available right up to that point

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Pffft are you seriously trying to claim that 370k tickets were picked up by objectors?

Sure the thing was never a sell out even with the objectors so anyone who wanted a ticket got a ticket.

Better for you to deal with the reality of a waning organisation rather than delude yourself.

I didn't say protestor took 370000. I asked why people took tickets and didn't use them. 500000 tickets were claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Sean Spicers just done a recount and there were 650,000 people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Where did all the tickets go? 500,000 for phoenix Park and only 130,000 used. Can't understand people that would claim tickets and not use them. Preventing others from going is petty.

Charma. Won't bring them any luck.

Ah fluich off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Graces7 wrote: »
    "Where two or three are gathered in My Name I am with them." Jesus Christ . I was there in spirit on RTE and it was a magnificent, joyful and uplifting occasion. I wish I could have been there in person. There were crowds there, wonderful crowds. Great numbers.

At Knock, earlier, there were 45,000, a capacity attendance... strong sincere folk with joy in their hearts; lots of families.

The atmosphere was sheer joy and sincere.

Please excuse me now? Very, very unwell but happy at the day. So over and out from here.
    That’s kinda your signature posting style. :D

*enters discussion on discussion forum*

“Here’s my point of view. I’m tired now. I don’t want to talk any more because somebody might disagree with me, or even just point out the more obvious flaws in what I posted. Off to bed now. Bees wind island cats.”

*leaves discussion on discussion forum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What? Does the phrase rape children make you feel uncomfortable or something? That's what these priests did and is what the church is continuing to help cover up.

Sorry if the hard truths make you uncomfortable.

No, you're taking something and adding some sensationalist thing to completely twist what was said. I'd suggest the Daily Star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,283 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I didn't say protestor took 370000. I asked why people took tickets and didn't use them. 500000 tickets were claimed.

Anyone who wanted one got one. Seems like a lot of people didn't want one.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    There were loads of tickets going around despite some hoarding them in protest.

I’m no expert but surely the concept of Karma is incompatible with Catholic teachings.

Never claimed to be Catholic. Wasn't at any events this weekend. Just puzzled why people would take tickets if they have no interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Where did all the tickets go? 500,000 for phoenix  Park and only 130,000 used. Can't understand people that would claim tickets and not use them. Preventing others from going is petty.

Charma. Won't bring them any luck.
    It sounds about right. How many people actually believe in religion anymore? No one is going to go out of their way to attend an event they don't believe in. It takes some degree of effort and that is shown in the pictures. The Pope will probably never be back again.

endacl wrote: »
    That’s kinda your signature posting style. :D

*enters discussion on discussion forum*

“Here’s my point of view. I’m tired now. I don’t want to talk any more because somebody might disagree with me, or even just point out the more obvious flaws in what I posted. Off to bed now. Bees wind island cats.”

*leaves discussion on discussion forum*

:D

That's so true that it just made my Pepsi max come out through my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,269 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Almost a 90% drop in numbers to see the Pope's since the last visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Taytoland wrote: »
    It sounds about right. How many people actually believe in religion anymore? No one is going to go out of their way to attend an event they don't believe in. It takes some degree of effort and that is shown in the pictures. The Pope will probably never be back again.

I think the question asked was why were there 500,000 tickets claimed but the majority not used? Why claim them in the first place if you have no intention of using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Read your own post.
    You moaned at people preventing others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Patww79 wrote: »
    timthumbni wrote: »
    Watched the news and some woman said we obviously didn’t get the weather we were all praying for.....

I think there is a lot of insanity still rampant in the island of Ireland.

Just worry about your own country. Seeing as they account for a very high majority of the insanity on this island.

Phoenix today. Exhibit A.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shanley and Sharon are 100% on board with today's event.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I think the question asked was why were there 500,000 tickets claimed but the majority not used? Why claim them in the first place if you have no intention of using them.

To keep crowds down. Not that I'd say they succeeded in getting 370k unused ones, but a decent chunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like the crap people who got tickets with no intention of using them managed to deny people. They said on RTE that all the tickets had been 'snapped up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

RTE just after claiming "500,000 tickets were booked out, but 150-300,000 went"

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Had to travel to/from Lucan to town today for work and I thought it was going to be chaos with all the diversions. It went pretty well, fair play to Dublin bus and the Gardai for a great job they did today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

According to a clown interviewed on the news the pope"overdid it" according to him" 98% of the abuses were by the community"......what planet do these people live on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Had to travel to/from Lucan to town today for work and I thought it was going to be chaos with all the diversions. It went pretty well, fair play to Dublin bus and the Gardai for a great job they did today!!

Good to read something positive rather than the nit picking over attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

billyhead wrote: »
    So much bitterness on this thread against the church
    It was a very small minority of priests whom abused their position. You would swear they were all at it the way some clowns here go on.

Disgusting comment.
    I’m genuinely shocked by your blasé attitude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »

Trying to save face. The churches are empty and they expect 500,000 people to turn out. Was never going to happen. It's been a failure for the Pope and a failure for that disgraceful Church. The Pope will never be back, thank goodness.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks like the crap people who got tickets with no intention of using them managed to deny people. They said on RTE that all the tickets had been 'snapped up'.

Yes. Correct. All the tickets were claimed. 500000 of them. But only 130000 used.

370k wasters. Who just didn't want to go???

Why waste time registering for tickets. Mystery to me. Would waste my time registering my interest for an event and then not go. Preventing others who may have gone. Its my opinion if I'm allowed to have one on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

RobertKK wrote: »

Hilarious excuse. Tickets were available for the entirety of the time they were for sale. Never sold out. Everybody that wanted one before the deadline got one.

The Irish people are sick to death of the catholic church abusing the people and children of Ireland and continuing to cover it up and today it showed it has had enough. Such a magnificent day in Irish history.

Francis won't make Christmas with the allegations coming out this morning from the US and that is probably for the best for the church. Can't have a known paedophile defender as Pope.

Advertisement