Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I got 13 months of Deezer HIFI today.

My subscription plan
    Deezer HiFi
    You're a Deezer HiFi user, since 06/08/18.

Next payment due
    DATE
    05/09/18
    AMOUNT
    119,88 TL   - (€20)

I used Windscribe Pro VPN to go to Turkey -(Bosphorous)
    Went to Deezer and clicked on the offers tab
    Selected the 30 days free trial on the HIFI tab
    Signed up and went to the account in settings where there was the option to sign up for the year or pay monthly.
    It was showing the discounted yearly offer for 119.88TL or monthly 15TL per month which is about €2.50
    I used Revolut card to pay for the year and Deezer will not take the payment until next month which will then start the 12 months subscription.
    So thats 13 months of the HIFI (CD quality) streaming for €20...great bargain.

Tried to do this just now using NordVPN and getting this error message
    We are unable to complete your transaction.

You can also contact our customer service or consult our FAQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Tried to do this just now using NordVPN and getting this error message
    We are unable to complete your transaction.

You can also contact our customer service or consult our FAQ.

The trouble for me was NordVPN. Worked successfully with express vpn for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ECookie13

Davy wrote: »
    Seen them in Dunnes and Tesco anyway, they had a big stand.
    The promo is on till the end of Feb 2019, the odd thing about this promotion....the codes are on the outside :rolleyes:

https://soundofsummer.pringles.com/en_GB/Home

Anyone know if these are stackable i.e. can I use a lot of codes to get many 4 month codes and stack all at once, or just one 4 month code per account?

sikes wrote:
    The trouble for me was NordVPN. Worked successfully with express vpn for me.

Express VPN isn't free. I have no use for a VPN other than for this.

Any other good free ones that would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Express VPN isn't free. I have no use for a VPN other than for this.

Any other good free ones that would work?

you get a free 7 day trial with expressvpn. that is what i used.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

free VPNs are generally crap. Either way 2 days of Deezer and i remember why I stopped using it. Flow is just awful, they've 53 million songs, but are missing so much stuff that I wouldn't have thought possible (licencing blah blah) the app crashes more than I remember and they've multiple entries for some artists like it's someone's badly managed personal iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Weepsie wrote: »
    free VPNs are generally crap. Either way 2 days of Deezer and i remember why I stopped using it. Flow is just awful, they've 53 million songs, but are missing so much stuff that I wouldn't have thought possible (licencing blah blah) the app crashes more than I remember and they've multiple entries for some artists like it's someone's badly managed personal iPod.

The vpn only needs to work as long as it takes to sign up.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've been using Deezer the best part of this year (six months free with 3 before availing of this offer) and I've encountered none of these issues, except the last.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Anyone know if these are stackable i.e. can I use a lot of codes to get many 4 month codes and stack all at once, or just one 4 month code per account?

Answer is a no:>
    *UK and ROI only. 18 +. Closes 28.02.19. Purchase 3 promotional cans to claim 4 free months of Deezer Premium+. Deezer codes must be redeemed by 28.02.19. Valid debit or credit card required. You will be automatically charged the full monthly price of Deezer Premium+, unless you cancel at the end of the free 4-month period. Existing or past Deezer Premium+ users are not eligible to claim. Cannot be used if the user has already claimed a free trial or any other promotional offer. Max. 1 per person. Internet access required. For full T&Cs & how to claim see Pringles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Using Flow is completely optional. Why would you use a feature you don't like? Very strange.

Finding Deezer superb. Found everything I've searched for so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Flow is actually one of my favourite features. I’ve found loads of artists that I never would have listened to without it. I guess the more you use deezer the better flow should get. Full disclosure: I did have a crap few months on it at one point when the OH listened to a couple of playlists that wouldn’t be to my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Flow is actually one of my favourite features. I’ve found loads of artists that I never would have listened to without it. I guess the more you use deezer the better flow should get. Full disclosure: I did have a crap few months on it at one point when the OH listened to a couple of playlists that wouldn’t be to my taste.
    Flow is ok but not as good as Spotify's Discover weekly. It actually found a song I was looking for for years that I couldn't remember the name or artist of from a TV ad and it just appeared in my Discover weekly. Flow is ok it throws up a lot of modern stuff I've no interest in but I can delete those tracks and hope the algorithm learns my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Flow is ok but not as good as Spotify's Discover weekly. It actually found a song I was looking for for years that I couldn't remember the name or artist of from a TV ad and it just appeared in my Discover weekly. Flow is ok it throws up a lot of modern stuff I've no interest in but I can delete those tracks and hope the algorithm learns my taste.

I agree. My music tastes centre around 60 and 70s rock. Maybe old blues thrown in.

Why it thinks I will enjoy the odd Justin Beeber song is beyond me. I wish it would refrain from such ridiculous choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭funnyname

Couldn't get the Turkey payment to work so went for the free trial via Pringles, will try again when it's up in 4 months

Signed up for the free 30 day trial of HiFi. Listening an hour now on my laptop and experiencing glitchy playback

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

Signed up for the family plan via a VPN, all worked fine but now i can't sign in unless the VPN is on. Did i do something wrong or is that just what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Signed up for the family plan via a VPN, all worked fine but now i can't sign in unless the VPN is on. Did i do something wrong or is that just what happens?

That seems odd. Try restart your device and/or reinstall the app and see if it still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

Doodah7 wrote: »
    That seems odd. Try restart your device and/or reinstall the app and see if it still happens.

Tried, it just won't let me log in from anywhere unless i turn on the VPN again for Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just signed up for the year and cost me 99TL, about €12 I think. installed the app on my phone and wife's phone and no issues at all.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I had already bought the gift card by the time someone figured out you could get the 12 month 99TL rate for the first year and then add a gift card to extend it for another year. As I bought a gift card for my first year is it possible to buy another gift card for the second year?

When I click the gift card link the price is showing in Turkish Lira, then it asks me to log in, when I login the prices instantly changes to Euro. Do I need to buy the gift card with a different email and then use it on my existing account to get the second year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Do I need to buy the gift card with a different email and then use it on my existing account to get the second year?

Yes. I did the same for the original 12 month voucher.

Same email address worked for stacking gift cards for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I logged into my account and was still able to buy a voucher in Turkish Lira with no VPN. Applied to my account and now expires in 08/20. Great stuff but can't understand why it's letting me buy in Turkish lira.

Sup08 wrote: »
    I logged into my account and was still able to buy a voucher in Turkish Lira with no VPN. Applied to my account and now expires in 08/20. Great stuff but can't understand why it's letting me buy in Turkish lira.

You don't need a vpn after the initial purchase. Your account will be linked to that country (in your case Turkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

so a friend of mine set up a deezer account while he was vpn'd into turkey he now sees hot hits in Turkey etc and also the podcast section is missing. Is there anyway to change this or is he stuck with the Turkey based account for the year. Id say the government has restricted the likes of Deezer from hosting podcasts for political reasons.

so a friend of mine set up a deezer account while he was vpn'd into turkey he now sees hot hits in Turkey etc and also the podcast section is missing. Is there anyway to change this or is he stuck with the Turkey based account for the year. Id say the government has restricted the likes of Deezer from hosting podcasts for political reasons.

Just realised that I have this too. Digging seems to suggust (from their support forum) that account is tied to the country you joined as a premium member. You've to cancel and rejoin. Might explain some of the rubbish music I'm being suggested and the distinct lack of certain other music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Just realised that I have this too. Digging seems to suggust (from their support forum) that account is tied to the country you joined as a premium member. You've to cancel and rejoin. Might explain some of the rubbish music I'm being suggested and the distinct lack of certain other music.

On that front maybe someone can advise. Had the free month account linked to Ireland. Used VPN to Turkey paid using same email and shows as paid on Deezer app. IE account has expired but what do I need to do activate this, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

will not accept any of my CC or revolut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Thanks Weepsie appreciate the post.
    Am at a bit off a loss to see how I can avail of my paid Turkish subscription without VPN?
    I assume my issue is because I used same email for original free a/c and payment?

Advertisement