Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Good luck, ChopShop! :)
    I did read that there are more people pre-ordering the 512 gigglebyte version than the 128GB, which is a bit crazy? It is not a cheap phone.
    I guess their "you can have 1 terabyte in your phone" sales pitch worked.
    I'm going for the "cheap" 128GB myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

They're cute enough with the RAM but I couldn't justify it as I haven't had more than 30GB at any stage on my last three phones. I'm using 23.87GB currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Does anyone know if carphone warehouse are doing the same deal as 3 are doing. I was going to order with 3 but id rather do a store pick up and 3 dont seem to offer that. I will be out all day Friday so wont be in for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Bit the bullet and pre ordered the black 128gb through three. I’m on honeymoon in Dubai and got to play around with it in one of the malls which sealed the deal. Beautiful phone, massive screen but more or less the same size as my 7 plus. Can’t wait to get back to Android and see what’s new.

I have to say despite my reservations the blue model is class in person. If I could get a matching s pen I probably would have went for it but the yellow s pen is even more off putting in the hand. Lavender version really didn’t look good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

what day should we be expecting them to come in the post

I know last year I got my pre-order in late with 3, and had to wait until the Monday. People who had ordered earlier had them on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Micky 32 wrote: »
    None of the networks are great in this country still in the dark ages, even go over to the UK and see the difference, most masts are all 4G, no investment here. I'm on Vodafone and if you go outside a town or city you'll be lucky to get signal inside a house even in some villages zero signal. Even along some major routes signal can be awful.

That's simply not true. I'm on Eir formally meteor and never have issues.regular travel to the UK and 4g in big city's is very inconsistent all over the place

To say there is no investment is a lie to say the UK is better is another lie.

Basil3 wrote: »

I know last year I got my pre-order in late with 3, and had to wait until the Monday. People who had ordered earlier had them on the Friday.

Just got an email from three advising me of a delay on my order and an unknown shipping date. Don’t know why I’m even surprised, money gone from my account so can’t even change order to a different provider. The fact they had no problem taking my money earlier only to now say it’s out of stock is a practice that i would really love to know how it’s legal. Anyway hopefully not too long a wait.

Just got an email from three advising me of a delay on my order and an unknown shipping date. Don’t know why I’m even surprised, money gone from my account so can’t even change order to a different provider. The fact they had no problem taking my money earlier only to now say it’s out of stock is a practice that i would really love to know how it’s legal. Anyway hopefully not too long a wait.

Same....was told 1-2 day delay

• Advertisement

Please Note-If you have purchased a pre-order device, please delete this email- your pre-ordered device will be shipped by its advertised release date.

I just re-read it and there’s a part in bold saying “if you have purchased a pre order device please delete this email-your pre ordered device will be shipped by it’s advertised release date” don’t know how I missed it first time. Does yours say the same?

Very strange if that’s right, why would three auto send these mails for non pre ordered phones? Which is what they appear to be doing if the bolded part is correct? Are they not holding kids stock in Ireland so they can have a 3-5 day delivery time from UK stock or what is going on? Very odd. And if that is the case surely their auto mailing system has enough sophistication to note when customers are pre ordering?!?

I just re-read it and there’s a part in bold saying “if you have purchased a pre order device please delete this email-your pre ordered device will be shipped by it’s advertised release date” don’t know how I missed it first time. Does yours say the same?

Very strange if that’s right, why would three auto send these mails for non pre ordered phones? Which is what they appear to be doing if the bolded part is correct? Are they not holding kids stock in Ireland so they can have a 3-5 day delivery time from UK stock or what is going on? Very odd. And if that is the case surely their auto mailing system has enough sophistication to note when customers are pre ordering?!?

If I go to my order tracking using the link in one of the emails, it now says item out of stock. The email must be linked to that status changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

listermint wrote: »
    That's simply not true. I'm on Eir formally meteor and never have issues.regular travel to the UK and 4g in big city's is very inconsistent all over the place

To say there is no investment is a lie to say the UK is better is another lie.

I'm no liar! I go to the USA and UK a lot and there's a huge difference! You have triple CA set ups more bands and most Vodafone's masts are 4g in the UK. I see you're from Dublin, sure take a spin down the country and report back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is three offering the best deal on this at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I'm no liar! I go to the USA and UK a lot and there's a huge difference! You have triple CA set ups more bands and most Vodafone's masts are 4g in the UK. I see you're from Dublin, sure take a spin down the country and report back :rolleyes:
    No need, the 4G is grand here. :pac:

Assuming things are the same as last year, 3 preorders will be shipped tonight for delivery tomorrow. For tracking:

https://www.nightline-delivers.com/SmartShip.Online/Tracking

Choose Reference

Add S603 in Customer Code

Add your three order number to Reference Number 1

I'm not sure when it will start working, maybe later tonight sometime.

I tweeted three about the email, they said to ignore it as there is no stock shortage of the note 9.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

but the yellow s pen is even more off putting in the hand. Lavender version really didn’t look good to me.

It's a bit toy like.

Seems the 8GB version comes with a 2nd s pen in More subtle / matching colours.

At least the blue one does according to a vid I saw on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got dispatch email from Three.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Got dispatch email from Three.

No email yet, but marked as dispatched with 3 order tracking.

No email or on 3 tracking

i'd say short straw for me it'll be Monday

edit: spoke to soon, dispatch email received :), and it says it's coming with an post which is good

jacksie66 wrote: »
    No email for me. Still showing out of stock on the tracker. I'll be fairly pissed off if I don't get it tomorrow. Ordered it early last week..

check spam folder. I ordered on the 18th

Mine isn't showing up on either an post or the linked above tracker and I got the email saying dispatched.

That's bad form

jacksie66 wrote: »
    So a couple of mates of mine ordered it a day after me. Both got emails saying its dispatched. I've got nothing. Was chatting to 3 customer care there. They say my order is out of stock and it'll be next week. Not happy about that at all..

Have had the same before when ordering devices on release. It can't be that hard to prioritise in order.

Which colour are you going for?

• Advertisement

It is bollocks if you don't get it that's the whole point of pre ordering

Careful not to lose your pre order price though

Advertisement