Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'd say we need to file a case against SWO & Irish Prison Service for publishing the ethnic background of prisoners & welfare recipients. That shouldn't be tolerated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Ah but she's not sending them to secondary school "cos of the drink and drugs".

Yes she s misinformed about the situation in schools the same way you are misinformed about her situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Has anyone noticed this morning there are a LOT more of the bleeding heart "she's a good mum, she's beautiful (sic), she deserves it, the kids are all going to be doctors*" ?

Almost like there is an orchestrated campaign to flood all social media outlets lest some of us miss "The Message".

* perhaps not GPs but I'd say there is pharmaceutical sales in their future.

if you spent most of your time on twitter you'd be of the complete opposite impression (on the public mood). the loudest are not always representative of the majority.

They just delete the 'unwanted' posts.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Delighted for her, if there was ever a case of someone who badly needed a home its her, 7 kids and hopefully they will grow up and appreciate what they have. She fully deserves a home for her children, this woman should be applauded for what she's done.

7 Irish kids should be automatic housing, no arguments.

Plenty of arguments here. Simply having children shouldn't be awarded. This is more encouragement for a lack of personal responsibility. Parents have a responsibility to provide for their children financially, morally, etc. The state is not supposed to be taking over the responsibilities of the parent.

I'd still love to know what she has done that warrants applause. She receives (can't say earns) more money from the Taxpayer than many Irish families are earning themselves. How does she present a good example to her children?

She would deserve applause if she held down a job, paid her taxes, and provided for her children. She deserves condemnation for having 7 children without any consideration to how she would provide for them.

We are not living in Africa or Asia where sex education is an unknown. Movies/TV/Media all frequently refer to condoms or the pill, so it's not as if she wouldn't have known how to prevent having kids.... no less than any other Irish person. So.. why the applause for her behavior?

• Advertisement

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Yes she s misinformed about the situation in schools the same way you are misinformed about her situation

Okay, please tell me how I am misinformed about her ?

I'd like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My sympathy to those who will be forced to live beside this lot. I'm sure the kids are little darlings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Let’s not forget her criminal past in all of this.

Mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,171 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Why are you trying to steer the narrative towards racism? People on here are frustrated are her for being an absolute waster and taking large amounts of pride in that fact. I couldn’t care less if she’s black white yellow green or blue! (Although I’d recommend a doctor if she’s either of the last two)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Listening to this podcast is infuriating. The blonde bint with her numerous kids could do with a good slap...and the same for Ms. Cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

eviltwin wrote: »
    My sympathy to those who will be forced to live beside this lot. I'm sure the kids are little darlings.

As soon as she's settled down she'll no doubt have them looking "cute" out on the roads on sulkies "the way it should be" whilst good honest people try and drive to work/school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone know whether she and her partner have ever worked a day in their lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Madness.

Why work.

Why pay tax

Why pay a mortgage.

Why contribute in a positive manner to society.

Oh yeh to keep a decent standard of living for tinkers.

bobbyss wrote: »

I'm not sure there is a definite answer but I'd highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

zell12 wrote: »

They missed a trick there I think.
    The other aspect of this is eminently more satirisable.
    That seems lazy and cliche

Okay, please tell me how I am misinformed about her ?

I'd like to know.

You d have to sit down with her and spend a day in her shoes to figure that one out I'm afraid. That way you ll get a better perspective about what it was like for her growing up and the reasons behind where she is today and the choices that she makes.

I'm not sure there is a definite answer but I'd highly doubt it.

Is raising 7 kids not work, do you consider every stay at home mother a waster?

You d have to sit down with her and spend a day in her shoes to figure that one out I'm afraid. That way you ll get a better perspective about what it was like for her growing up and the reasons behind where she is today and the choices that she makes.

Ah so you accuse me of being misinformed like it's a fact and, when challenged, admit you have no idea.

Why do I bother ????

eviltwin wrote: »

How could you sympathize those "racist complaining neighbors"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Somehow I doubt she bothers much looking after those kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Unfortunately I don't see the status quo in Ireland changing anytime soon,

There will be two broad categories of people.
    1. Those who are happy to work for a living and make their and their families futures brighter. They will also instill a good work ethic and social responsibility ethic in their children.

2. Those who will not work, will milk the systems and who will be paid for by group 1 from cradle to grave. Their children (in the main) will follow in their footsteps. This group will live a life of sloth, possibly criminality and generally being a burden on society.

I have been in the business community for many years and once attended a presentation from a charity, circa 2006, that explained they worked with families where 3 generations had never worked - Grandfather, Father and Son. AT THE HEIGHT OF THE BOOM!!! There is no excuse for this, and there is no excuse for it now. Ireland is practically at full employment.

I long for a center right party that will slash benefits, brutalize criminals and reward hard work and ambition. I fear I will never live to see such a party.

How can the silent majority be heard??

Ah so you accuse me of being misinformed like it's a fact and, when challenged, admit you have no idea.

Why do I bother ????

I'd say you bother due to an unhappiness in your own life ... But not knowing anything else about you I also admit to the fact that I'm probably misinformed to do so and it would be remiss of me to make a sweeping judgement about you based solely on how you behave here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Equating her with other stay at home mothers who likely do not cost the state anywhere near what she does is pretty disgusting and insulting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

We might as well have a left wing populist government at this rate. This whole story has shown the workers and mortgage payers in Ireland are being screwed and that the media are a joke.
    Never listened to him before, but tried a podcast of Niall Boylan today talking about Cash. I'm glad to know there is one journalist who is willing to say what most taxpayers are thinking.
    The garda stations will be jammers tonoght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Cina wrote: »
    This is truly astounding.

I've worked tirelessly for ten years to afford a two bed apartment in Dublin which I'm now paying a big mortgage on. Friends of mine can't even afford to get a property despite being in full-time jobs. Other friends are being out-bid by vultures and the council themselves.

This woman who has never worked a day in her life and yet gets more money than I do (after tax) every year elaborately plans to shove her six kids (at the age of 26, no less) into a Garda station for the night, videos it and then releases it all over the net just gets handed a fecking three bed apartment. Sure why not? Get RTé in on it too.

It shows how utterly out of touch our media and politicians are with the general public of Ireland that they think it's a good thing to promote this woman as a success story and giving her this apartment as something we should all be happy for. Sickening really, maybe me and the missus should've just scrapped using contraception and popped out a few young'uns instead of working to get our apartment.

Ah, but the worst thing is, she's not even happy with the apartment, which you've worked so hard for and sacrificed to provide for yourself. And to some of your friends you're the lucky one for owning your own place! No, she's saying it's on a trial period. All her followers are telling her to keep fighting until she gets her forever home. An apartment wouldn't be good enough for her - it's a house and a garden she'll be wanting.

I despair for this country, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

*spontaneously combusts*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

It would be an interesting discussion alright ... but just make sure you don’t crisitise their ‘right’ to live the way they do and their culture which leaves it necessary for the tax payer to pick up the pieces. The need subsidise their god given right to a culture which ensures children grow up on the fringes of society without any respect for the mainstream society.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

bobbyss wrote: »

would it suddenly change anyone's viewpoint if they had?

I'd say you bother due to an unhappiness in your own life ... Both not knowing anything else about you I also admit to the fact that I'm probably misinformed to do so and it would be remiss of me to make a sweeping judgement about you based solely on how you behave here.

I've not parade my life and children all over social media for benefit.

I don't take a good 50 grand tax free of the Irish taxpayer and in return give them the finger.

I don't have options for my children and yet choose to use them as props in a Garda station so the optics look good.

I don't get drunk and go on the rob, culminating in being in a stolen car full of stolen goods.

Yet you and the other gullible ones defend this anti social parasite with nary a questioning glance.

Now for the sweet relief of the ignore button.

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    It would be an interesting discussion alright ... but just make sure you don’t crisitise their ‘right’ to live the way they do and their culture which leaves it necessary for the tax payer to pick up the pieces. The need subsidise their god given right to a culture which ensures children grow up on the fringes of society without any respect for the mainstream society.

'interesting discussion' at least that s some progress

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement