Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Can somebody stop the planet, I want to get off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Cancel those celebrations. The three bed isn’t a forever home so the fight goes on

Not a word of gratitude for the 3 bed like :/. Some reek of entitlement going on

I changed my mind - THAT makes me vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Miriam asks the most stupid questions 'Would you like to get a job in the future?' I'm sure she'd love to work 9 to 5 five days a week and pay taxes. Why would she?
    Also Mags Cash says 'if they'd only give me a house to sit in in the day time' I can't sit in my house during the day time as I actually have work to go to. Tis a great little country.

Had to laugh at her justifying not wanting to go on to secondary school because "you'd meet all sorts of different people and end up on drugs and drink".

Yeah, or you might learn a thing or two and end up with a sense of responsibility, discipline, and maybe even a job. No doubt her attitude towards school will be passed on to her 7 children who themselves will be looking for handouts funded by the tax payer and/or frequenting the inside of a prison. Sickening.

Had to laugh at her justifying not wanting to go on to secondary school because "you'd meet all sorts of different people and end up on drugs and drink".

Yeah, or you might learn a thing or two and end up with a sense of responsibility, discipline, and maybe even a job. No doubt her attitude towards school will be passed on to her 7 children who themselves will be looking for handouts funded by the tax payer and/or frequenting the inside of a prison. Sickening.

She said that ????

And no one called her up on that ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

This is a serious question

If the government give people homes , rent supplement etc why would they not cover my mortgage when i lost my job during the recession ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Can somebody stop the planet, I want to get off

You just missed the last rocket to the sun. Youd better sign up for trumps space force. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

She said that ????

She did, and laughed when asking Miriam "Would you go to school if you knew you didn't have to go to school?".

I don't think anyone is really calling her up on anything.

She said that ????

MOC has lost all credibility in my eyes. She orchestrated a party political broadcast on behalf of the Margaret Cash housing fund this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

and STILL no mention of her husband being locked up for very serious crime against an elderly person and gardai objecting very strongly to any bail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Corb_lund wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of confusion around what people are entitled to. Say I sold my house and quit my job. Would the government still give me my jobseekers allowance? Would they find me accommodation?

You would need to apply for both.

For Jobseekers Benefit, you'd have to wait for 9 weeks as you weren't laid off but left your job voluntarily.

For Social Housing, you'd have to apply to your local authority by filling in a detailed form which includes a statement that you have never owned property in any part of the world. (Which sort of rules you out!).

• Advertisement

This is a serious question

If the government give people homes , rent supplement etc why would they not cover my mortgage when i lost my job during the recession ?

They could not give two shiny wee ****es about anyone who has a job and is a good contributor.

Im flocking depressed now. Its only 12.50. Christ on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I'd love if Waterford whispers news did something on this.
    Badly needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

zell12 wrote: »

Zinger of the day:
    Starina
    August 16, 2018 at 12:10 pm
    The last two children were conceived while she was on the coil. Her contraception failed her. She is on a waiting list to get her tubes tied. There is no abortion here yet and it’s too expensive to go to England (not to mention the logistics of getting a babysitter for >24hrs for multiple children).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Delighted for her, if there was ever a case of someone who badly needed a home its her, 7 kids and hopefully they will grow up and appreciate what they have. She fully deserves a home for her children, this woman should be applauded for what she's done.

7 Irish kids should be automatic housing, no arguments.

3rd item on the 1.00 eye news. 1st was 165 job losses. Wonder Will all those taxpayers get free houses ?

Can anyone explain this bollocks from that Flynn fool ?
    This morning @homelessDublin refunded the cost of accommodation we have paid of the last week. The process in doing this was as follows. DCC [Dublin City Council] rang the accommodation provider we engaged with last week, they asked them to refund ICHH [Inner City Helping Homeless] directly and they would then make payment. The accommodation provider immediately called me to discuss and ask for instruction as ICHH had originally made the booking.

I agreed for the provider to make the refund and charge Dublin City Council. The way in which this was done shows more complete contempt for the hard work and effort that ICHH do. Not making contact with us to discuss the issues or to work through the problems. All of the issues could have been dealt with last week if DCC had of worked with us instead of constantly working against us.

This isn’t the way the process should work, volunteer organisations are fundamentally important to support the charity sector. For five years ICHH have done so and have supported the most vulnerable and marginalised in society, statutory bodies ignoring those who are willing to help tackle a social crisis is absolutely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

6 children in an apartment?

she will be back whinging very soon

• Advertisement

Looks like one on the oven too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

the next twist in the story will be that she will want to study law in TCD to make a life for herself and children .. as she never got the chance while constantly pregnant. She will need a significant bursary to pay for the fees and child minding while she studies

Not even needed, she's eejits like this one to do it for her:

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2018/08/15/anne-marie-mcnally-lest-ye-be-judged/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=web&utm_content=popular_posts

I'd love if Waterford whispers news did something on this.
    Badly needed
    They did already
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/11/16/wheres-the-father-is-what-i-want-to-know/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I welcome this news and hope, now that the precedent has been set, that every homeless family should start squatting in Garda barracks whilst demanding their home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Delighted for her, if there was ever a case of someone who badly needed a home its her, 7 kids and hopefully they will grow up and appreciate what they have. She fully deserves a home for her children, this woman should be applauded for what she's done.

Appreciate what they have? Are you actually serious. I really hope not.

Naive nonsense and if you think the bold part will ever happen, I've a unicorn you can buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

uh oh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement