Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You my friend are codding yourself.

I might understand what you’re talking about if you’d care to explain what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Nope. I admire anyone who can get the most for least. WE made that possible. Take that away by directing your feelings of injustice through the channels that make it possible and so goes the problem.

Until then it's a smash and grab and no amount of moaning or jealousy will stop that

I've already stated numerous times that I believe the "system" is wrong. I am simply presenting an alternative, real world view rather than the popular one.

In this world of yours, where to the victor the spoils, everyman for himself, grab what you can and fcuk the rest etc, where does empathy for those less well off come in? Where does contributing to a social contract come in?

She is obviously taking from someone less fortunate by pulling this stunt. Someone more deserving, more entitled will suffer.
    Yet we have the likes of you applauding her masterstroke.

And yet the other side of your mouth says it's wrong. So is robbing a bank. That's wrong too. But a handy way to make an awful lot of money if you do it right. I mean it's not the banks money...and after all you do admire anyone that can get "the most for least"...

P.s. " jealous" of her is one thing I'm not!
    Policy formulation >>
    Thread discussing this parasite is right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

In this world of yours, where to the victor the spoils, everyman for himself, grab what you can and fcuk the rest etc, where does empathy for those less well off come in? Where does contributing to a social contract come in?

She is obviously taking from someone less fortunate by pulling this stunt. Someone more deserving, more entitled will suffer.
    Yet we have the likes of you applauding her masterstroke.

And yet the other side of your mouth says it's wrong. So is robbing a bank. That's wrong too. But a handy way to make an awful lot of money if you do it right. I mean it's not the banks money...and after all you do admire anyone that can get "the most for least"...

P.s. " jealous" of her is one thing I'm not!
    Policy formulation >>
    Thread discussing this parasite is right here.

Takes one hell of a hop skip and 20ft jump to arrive to those conclusions.

To simplify my posts. Offer and they will take 'tis up to us to remove that option.

My stance isn't as an apologist it's a balanced view of what we offer (wrong) and why people accept it (not their fault). Robbing a bank is illegal. Accepting benefits (which have to be qualified and approved by a senior grade) is not.

Would be a boring discussion if everyone fell to your demands to be viewed as right.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There's something wrong when the people working in Dublin have to look for houses in the surrounding counties but leeches like this one can pick and choose where she wants to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Melendez wrote: »
    Homeless since last September? Hardly picking and choosing.

If you turn down the offer of a house, you are picking and choosing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Melendez wrote: »
    No you are not. Refer to the Oxford dictionary to find out the meaning of the words "pick" and "choose"

Yes you are.

To simplify my posts. Offer and they will take 'tis up to us to remove that option.

My stance isn't as an apologist it's a balanced view of what we offer (wrong) and why people accept it (not their fault). Robbing a bank is illegal. Accepting benefits (which have to be qualified and approved by a senior grade) is no.

But... but... you admire anyone that can get what they can take...

Or is a qualified admiration? After all theyre the clever ones?
    Maybe some of us have a wider scope of what's "wrong" and what we're willing to conden.

Would be a boring discussion if everyone fell to your demands to be viewed as right.

It would be very boring indeed if everyone agreed with me. Thankfully they dont. That's the thing about a discussion though. Which is what we have.
    Not a hack think thank to formulate policy...

But... but... you admire anyone that can get what they can take...

Or is a qualified admiration? After all theyre the clever ones?
    Maybe some of us have a wider scope of what's "wrong" and what we're willing to conden.

No it's unqualified. Yes they are clever. Agreed on scope.

We have different opinions can you not just accept that? no need for sarcasm, it adds nothing to the discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dennis O'Brien stations spouting out rubbish about cash all day.....

The poor poor thing and more advertising for the charities supposedly helping her

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

We have different opinions can you not just accept that? no need for sarcasm, it adds nothing to the discussion

What's clever about living a life that has such shaky foundations? Clever would be using the money to better herself or giving herself and her kids more stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The poor poor thing and more advertising for the charities supposedly helping her

Said this a while ago, there's some self serving interests here

eviltwin wrote: »
    What's clever about living a life that has such shaky foundations? Clever would be using the money to better herself or giving herself and her kids more stability.

The state is the least shaky source of income possible. It'll never make you redundant , outsource to India or short time you.

I said clever not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Is Dinny about to purchase her that mansion she craves with unlimited life long handouts/luxuries?

If I tried to sleep in a Garda station I’d be told to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The state is the least shaky source of income possible. It'll never make you redundant , outsource to India or short time you.

I said clever not right.

I disagree. She's at the mercy of a government that can change on a tuppence. All we need is a hard hitting party in power to take a hard line on professional scroungers and she might see that weekly income dwindle.

I'm perfectly willing to accept we have different opinions. That's what makes such discussions enjoyable.

But please refrain from deriding others' views, or calling them "fools" , or purporting to hold a "balanced" view (suggesting those that disagree with you are not balanced) , and are just "moaning" or are "jealous".

I'll leave it there, you can have the last word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

eviltwin wrote: »
    I disagree. She's at the mercy of a government that can change on a tuppence. All we need is a hard hitting party in power to take a hard line on professional scroungers and she might see that weekly income dwindle.
    we don't do hard hitting parties in this country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Is Dinny about to purchase her that mansion she craves with unlimited life long handouts/luxuries?

Dinny seems to prefer to throw large sums of money at the FAI to help them employ Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill on obscene salaries rather than than to house homeless Irish mothers of seven with a partner in the slammer.

Mind you, if she was living in Haiti then he'd probably already have arranged for her to be allocated a corrugated tin shack.

oceanman wrote: »
    we don't do hard hitting parties in this country...

I dread to imagine the likes of PBP in government, basic welfare rates would be on par with a full weeks wages and I don’t mean the bare minimum wage at that.

• Advertisement

I'm perfectly willing to accept we have different opinions. That's what makes such discussions enjoyable.

But please refrain from deriding others' views, or calling them "fools" , or purporting to hold a "balanced" view (suggesting those that disagree with you are not balanced) , and are just "moaning" or are "jealous".

I'll leave it there, you can have the last word

I won't "refrain" from expressing my opinion. You welcome different opinions and then tell me to stop expressing them in the manner I choose? It's not your position to direct how I position my point. Report any post you have an issue with rather than back seat modding whilst serving your own stand point.

Cheers for the last word.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

So how long do ye think a person should have to wait on the housing list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

arctictree wrote: »
    So how long do ye think a person should have to wait on the housing list?

As long as it takes. And not a second longer.

What do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Is there also an issue here of Traveller culture of getting married young and also being religious and not using contraception? A bit of education in that area would go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

I give up . I'm an each to their own person most of the time but how people aren't angered by this story I'll never know . I cannot see how people think
    A : She's right
    or
    B: She should get what she wants .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I give up . I'm an each to their own person most of the time but how people aren't angered by this story I'll never know . I cannot see how people think
    A : She's right
    or
    B: She should get what she wants .

Because it’s people also scamming the system or not contributing to the pot.

Birds of a feather...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Brae100 wrote: »
    Is there also an issue here of Traveller culture of getting married young and also being religious and not using contraception? A bit of education in that area would go a long way.

LMAO, just like the "Cameroonian" (husband killed in Nigeria, hmmm) with the picture in the background. Give it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Turnipman wrote: »
    Dinny seems to prefer to throw large sums of money at the FAI to help them employ Roy Keane and Martin O'Neill on obscene salaries rather than than to house homeless Irish mothers of seven with a partner in the slammer.

Mind you, if she was living in Haiti then he'd probably already have arranged for her to be allocated a corrugated tin shack.

She'd probably turn it down.

Brae100 wrote: »

Contraception isn’t mandatory though nor can it ever be irrespective of the result.

I know it’s personal responsibility etc but doctors cannot force it upon people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

?

If I tried to sleep in a Garda station I’d be told to fcuk off.

i dont know with a name like that you might just be welcome :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement