Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulfill Bars thread

• 14-08-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Hi guys
    This is in dealz in limerick
    15 bars for 15 euro
    Not sure if running all over the country
    Expiry date on the bars is October to November 2018

Enjoy

Bren
    Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Same offer in Dealz Portlaoise, so it's probably nationwide. Good spot OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

In both stores in Galway too, has been on for a while now.

Limited stock flavour wise between both stores.

Lemon & Strawberries & Creamleft in the bigger store, Lemon, Strawberries & Cream & Cookies & Cream in the smaller one, last I checked on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Are these nice to just eat as a snack or are they more to be used in conjunction with some mad lad training regime? Asking for a friend, lol.

• Are these nice to just eat as a snack or are they more to be used in conjunction with some mad lad training regime? Asking for a friend, lol.

For me I use them as meal replacements that and they keep you full

• Tried the last 2 weeks to get regular mint bar with no luck I’ll try again Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Are these the 45g or 55g bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Esse85 wrote: »
    Are these the 45g or 55g bars?

55g and 60g brah

55g for the Dark Chocolate and Mint
    60g for the Strawberry and Vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Also available in Finglas

mathie wrote: »
    55g and 60g brah

55g for the Dark Chocolate and Mint
    60g for the Strawberry and Vanilla

Good deal so as Dunne's are doing 12x 45g for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

Thanks OP, been availing of offers for them in Holland and Barrett, like buy one get one half price, but this blew that out of the water. I got 3 boxes.

Cheers me up a little after not pulling the trigger early enough on the Lavazza Coffee Machine deal last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Good deal so as Dunne's are doing 12x 45g for €15

Are you sure they are 45g bars? I have never seen smaller Fulfil bars, just the standard 55g ones. A smaller size would also have less than 20g of protein which is one of their big marketing points.

Fulfil bars taste ok generally (the hazelnut whip is excellent though) but just to be aware the quality of the protein source is very mixed - a significant % of it is from gelatine rather than whey

Are you sure they are 45g bars? I have never seen smaller Fulfil bars, just the standard 55g ones. A smaller size would also have less than 20g of protein which is one of their big marketing points.

Fulfil bars taste ok generally (the hazelnut whip is excellent though) but just to be aware the quality of the protein source is very mixed - a significant % of it is from gelatine rather than whey

https://m.facebook.com/ripoffsandgooddeals/photos/a.245579918940139.1073741828.239375946227203/1108820565949399/?type=3&source=54

Can you access that link?

Says 45g bar

Wow - have never seen that, you are absolutely right, well spotted!

I would not have noticed and just assumed they were "normal size". Very misleading to have them in the dumpbin with 20g of protein written on it (I notice it's not on the packaging) when there can only be about 16-17g.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭sue97

That is 12 bars not 15 bars. Is Dealz 15 or 12 bars. Going to stock up, we go through them like there is no tomorrow.

sue97 wrote: »
    That is 12 bars not 15 bars. Is Dealz 15 or 12 bars. Going to stock up, we go through them like there is no tomorrow.

Dealz is 15 bars

sue97 wrote: »

Just be aware of the relatively short date on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just be aware of the relatively short date on them.

I bought a box of White Choc Cookie Dough today in Dealz on Thomas Street in Dublin. Use by date was January 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any in Lower Liffey St?

Oh great - that's a v good deal then. Was just going by the OP where it stated some are dated October 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Was just going by the OP where it stated some are dated October 18.

Wish I had the level of discipline that would make this a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Any dealz in Dublin city centre doing it guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id be curious if anyone finds triple chocolate or hazlenut flavours as part of the deal.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Any dealz in Dublin city centre doing it guys?

Yeah one was mentioned earlier

Hogzy wrote: »
    Id be curious if anyone finds triple chocolate or hazlenut flavours as part of the deal.

I assume you're in cork, but i saw triple chocolate in Monaghan when i was in. No whipped hazelnut or my favourite.. peanut and caramel.

Think i saw all these:

cookies and cream
    strawberry
    lemon zinger
    chocolate caramel & cookie dough
    dark chocolate and mint
    milk chocolate and...
    chocolate & coconut
    triple chocolate.

They were stacked high. Varying dates, even within the same flavours. between october 2018 and early next year

oh yeah and for those wondering about weights the ones i got were :

dark chocolate and mint 55g
    chocolate caramel & cookie dough 55g
    chocolate & coconut 60g

• What’s the difference in g? More protein? People are saying some bars have 45g, 50g, 60g

What’s the difference in g? More protein? People are saying some bars have 45g, 50g, 60g

roughly 2g extra fat, 1.5g extra carbs and 1g extra fibre 0.5g extra protein in the coconut (20.5g vs 20g for the others)

some bars are potentially 45g or 50g, i'd assume if there are lighter ones then they're the strawberry and vanilla and the lemon zinger due to having a different makeup than most of the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Is there flavour that's actually nice? I've had the cookies and cream and some kind of peanut one and they weren't nice at all. Very strong soy flavour

Are they all effective at filling you up or the 60g ones slightly better?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭septictank

Sorry guys, never seen these before, so they are trying to get rid of box's of health bars at €15 a pop, not a chance.

Sort of thing JC's in Swords would sell, 15 box's for €15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

septictank wrote: »
    Sorry guys, never seen these before, so they are trying to get rid of box's of health bars at €15 a pop, not a chance.

Sort of thing JC's in Swords would sell, 15 box's for €15.

Nope, not fulfill bars. Normally about €2.30 in Tesco and dunnes.
    Also, if you’ve never seen them before you are obviously not up to date with them so why have an opinion?

On another note, the Irish guy that founded these has just sold the company for €8m!

Advertisement