Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Reati wrote: »
    No, I'm serious. People were protesting F*in Garth Brooks cancelled gigs yet we are getting rode for everything and anything and no one wants to say boo? There has to be something we as a collective can approach to make changes to ensure this welfare state waste of our tax money isn't continued.

Otherwise this is a simple bitch and moan thread, a pointless waste of time as it won't have changed anything. We have no right to moan if we are unwilling to push for a change.

So was I. Deadly serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

john4321 wrote: »
    John Connors is chiming in on Twitter.

"The homeless Traveller woman who slept in a Gardai station with her children is getting an incredible amount of hate online. Reality is that if she were a settled woman she would be receiving an incredible amount of support. The Last Acceptable form of Racism In Ireland."

No John she wouldn't.

John Connors is a Muppet. I was in a Londis shop just the other day and 2 travelers were stroking the place out of it. Just stupid things like cans of monster and bars of chocolate. They are a scourge. A wart on the hole of humanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

why get mad at her in this situation instead of getting mad about the fact working couples can't afford their mortgage or get by in our society? classic divide and conquer.

Explain divide and conquer in this context?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JigglyMcJabs

It turns out the woman dressed her kids in school uniforms, refused a house in meath and transport to it, has at least 6 kids, gets more money than a lot of working people and used them as a means to get housing by having them plastered all over the media. People are now calling bs on it amd asking some obvious question like where the fathers are etc. She is a disgrace. If any of the kids manage to turn out half decent this stigma will follow them for ever. Imagine doing that to your kids.

It turns out that if you have sense of outrage over such leeching you are called a nazi by certain posters and mainstream media outlets.

She is a parasite. We have cut back on vital serivces for the disabled and sick to fund these pigs.

Well done liberal lefty ireland.

Agree with all of this and not defending her, but happened to see her and the kids in the city centre today being interviewed by a reporter type. The kids were in the same clothes and they weren't school uniforms, just look like them from behind.

• Advertisement

Agree with all of this and not defending her, but happened to see her and the kids in the city centre today being interviewed by a reporter type. The kids were in the same clothes and they weren't school uniforms, just look like them from behind.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Because that couple usc,paye prsi etc are so high because of this parasitic behaviour.

good citizen, that's exactly what they want you to think.

good citizen, that's exactly what they want you to think.

Its true isnt it. Where else does the money come from lad?

Its true isnt it. Where else does the money come from lad?

not from the banks that bankrupted the country, that's for sure.

Thats a different issue though. I can guarantee you Margaret cash isnt paying for the bank bail out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,302 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

john4321 wrote: »
    John Connors is chiming in on Twitter.

"The homeless Traveller woman who slept in a Gardai station with her children is getting an incredible amount of hate online. Reality is that if she were a settled woman she would be receiving an incredible amount of support. The Last Acceptable form of Racism In Ireland."

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/1027916975740280833

No John she wouldn't.

John Connors, the gift that keeps on giving.

It's a wonder he's not saying that it's LIDL's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Omackeral wrote: »
    No I don't. Not at all. We hadn't much at all. I went to school in a spot that had, and still has, a very high drop out rate. From there I got a scholarship to study 3rd level from an access programme for kids from disadvantaged areas. I got through education while my mother grafted and did her best just to keep us fed and clothed. Having said that, nobody else in my family went on to college so you really don't know what you're on about when you speak of our background.

Fair play to you. There are opportunities for absolutely everyone who wants them in Ireland.

Sickens my hole to hear about "gubberment this" and "no jobs" that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A strict zero tolerance approach needs to be taken; move social housing far out of Dublin city centre to motivate people to get jobs and better themselves. This would free up accommodation for those that actually contribute to society. Also, there needs to be a time limit on receiving allowances and after that you can forget it. Unfortunately the children will suffer but then in time with proper education people won’t be so reckless in having them. Of course, this is ireland so there is no backbone in politicians to do anything meaningful. I’ve recently emigrated so am slowly wearing myself off the caring feed but sill able to get annoyed by the country!

We need the banks for a functioning society.

That hard left BS is getting tiresome now.

On the other hand freeloaders like this person and her jailbird husband are no asset at all.

Paul Murphy is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If she was a settled person she probably get even less sympathy. Her 'race' has nothing to do with this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I can guarantee this woman has never been directly affected by any of the banking issues in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

John Connors, the gift that keeps on giving.

I can't stress this enough, my opinion of this "mother" didn't change a dot when it became known that she was a traveller.

I can guarantee this woman has never been directly affected by any of the banking issues in this country

The phrase bail out means something very different for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I can't stress this enough, my opinion of this "mother" didn't change a dot when it became known that she was a traveller.

if anything it was more of she doesn't know any better because of the traveller welfare culture. She just thinks she's being a cute hoor.

• Advertisement

Thats a different issue though. I can guarantee you Margaret cash isnt paying for the bank bail out.

what about taxing the rich, you don't think that's an option open to the government? you don't think a slight raise in taxation for people with obscene wealth would wipe the floor with whatever figure they could raise by 'outing' welfare fraud?
    this parasite/taxation thing always puzzles me, how people buy it without question and let it fuel their prejudices. look at the UK, do we want to end up like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

what about taxing the rich, you don't think that's an option open to the government? you don't think a slight raise in taxation for people with obscene wealth would wipe the floor with whatever figure they could raise by 'outing' welfare fraud?
    this parasite/taxation thing always puzzles me, how people buy it without question and let it fuel their prejudices. look at the UK, do we want to end up like that?
    We're already taxing the rich out of the country, those of us in the middle, (50-90k pa) are being ridden raw as it is. I fall into that bracket and I pay twice my mortgage in tax/prsi/usc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

We need the banks for a functioning society.

That hard left BS is getting tiresome now.

On the other hand freeloaders like this person and her jailbird husband are no asset at all.

And then some....

Not a peep about Chas McCreevy's madcap "Special Savings Account" stunt,whereby virtually vast numbers of our Ordinary Citizens rushed to the ramparts to grab a bit of the action....and in the process,began a love affair with Banking & "Investments" to rival the best that Baroness Thatcher could come up with.

It's not even "Hard Left" BS,it's largely meaningless oul gumption,regurgitated endlessly by a succession of debate stiflers across the entire Irish political sector.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Not sure why you're quoting me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jmayo wrote: »

Oh and before she made her Facefook page private, she had references in there to her spending on booze and sunbeds.

I presume those pages are doing the rounds ,making it private well after the horse had bolted?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Banks actually serve a fuction,this women adds nothing whatsoever positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

"the government isn't doing enough for me "
    "I'm doing everything"
    "I feed and cloth them"

Sorry Maggie but the government is doing everything for you including feeding and clothing you and your 8 kids .

You do absobloddylutely nothing not a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If this woman is unemployed, then the Government and the taxpayer pays for everything she does.

She might feed and clothe her kids, but its with taxpayers money.

Unless of course she thinks she is entitled to have someone come to her and feed the kids for her, get them ready in the morning, put them to bed etc.
    That tends to be what most parents do for their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Simple answer...YES "we" do.

Great swathes of our Local Authority tenants just could'nt bring themselves NOT to buy their LA rental property at the knockdown price they were offered it....If these ordinary decent po'folks had'nt wanted to flip their newly accquired properties for BIG profit,then they could have said "Thanks,but No Thanks " to the offers.

People before Profit is a concept that rarely appeals to People offered an opportunity to make a profit !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ch4 made a documentary about this couple in England a year or 2 ago.
    And they have 13 or 14 kids,can you believe that.
    Now a month or 2 ago they announced that they were having another baby!!

Fecking hell like,
    Fair play to them.

Now you are wondering why I say that? Well it's because they are a hard working family, the oldest kids help around the house and with the younger ones. They grow some of there own food. Teaching the kids good life lessons.

Oh and the dad is a Baker
    And runs his own small bakery.

And also they have never asked the state for a handout.
    Fair play to them
    (might be on all 4 somewhere)

But this one......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement