Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 howdido

I decided to go with Tiger
    Gone Large Rory E/W
    Small bet Tiger E/W

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What think you guys of 28/1 D Clarke as top Irish player? Obviously if Rory finds his mojo it's out the window but does that not represent value in a five-man field?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

What think you guys of 28/1 D Clarke as top Irish player? Obviously if Rory finds his mojo it's out the window but does that not represent value in a five-man field?

Don't worry what anyone else thinks, back it if you fancy it. The winners last weekend were 500-1 & 300-1. Anything is possible. Fancy Thorbjorn Olesen myself outright, pity that he has to play 2 days with McIlroy the circus act, bit of a negative, he is between 80 & 100-1, depending who her bookie is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Dismissed Tiger initially (hype factor, and short prices)

But noticed he finished within T12 on this course back in 99 & 07, avall <@29.

With 10pl have about 4 short priced and another 5 triple-digit wildcards.
    As always very small stakes e/w arrays on very high-yield accas.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,143 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Noren e/w @33s

Pieters e/w @80s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Dismissed Tiger initially (hype factor, and short prices)

But noticed he finished within T12 on this course back in 99 & 07, avall <@29.

With 10pl have about 4 short priced and another 5 triple-digit wildcards.
    As always very small stakes e/w arrays on very high-yield accas.

I would have thought that was a reason not to back him considering his record in majors at that time compared to now, he won three claret jugs and had 4 top tens in that period, I dont think he was ever fully comfortble at Carnoustie to be honest.

Fivers on Molinari and Noren outright, Knox top Euro, Southgate top GB&I, Clarke top Irish, all round 30/1.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I would have thought that was a reason not to back him considering his record in majors at that time compared to now, he won three claret jugs and had 4 top tens* in that period, I dont think he was ever fully comfortble at Carnoustie to be honest.

Both the Top 12 finishes there aren't that far away from a Top 10 finish. He seems to be mostly injury free and on better form these days with a very recent T4 (Quicken). The hype factor is always going to shorten odds.

Other news:
    Lyle makes his final apperance and the 60yo is 1st to start at 06:35hrs.
    This year has bouncy (dry) greens(yellows), so less driving and more strategy.
    There is a VR machine in the hotel for nerds to practice the course.

Iceland have their 1st entrant in the Open (Magnus @1500) fingers crossed for a long loud fanbase thunderclap on every shot!

Few favs: FleetW@19, Woods@26-29, Fitz@56, Simpson@126.
    Few 10pl e/w wilcards on the accas include: Jones@300 MKim@300, Lewis@400, Kraft@500, Senior@750, Robinson@1000, Curtis@2500.

1stRL market looks good also with 8pl: Hoffman@41, Rose@26, Hatton@41, Leishman@46, Southgate@46.

A pile up at the end of R4, could well render the 10pl(1/5) into 'less practical value' than a regular 6pl(1/4) due to dead heat rules etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Gone for Speith, for a bit of interest

Don't think this year's form really justifies it, but we shall see if he is motivated by being defending champion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Justin Rose and F Molinari for me n the british open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

With so many new guys doing the biz golf has become more of a puzzle (for me) so i did not do two much study this week despite the excellent golf section in the Racing Post.

I had two bets,Patrick Reid ew online 10 places and also in the shop 7 places at 40/1 with stake back if 2nd 3rd or 4th and for some reason i feel McIlroy will get it together this week so i backed him ew at 9/1 (5 places) to be top European.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

This is his last event as he prepares to head off to the US to try and get some of the easy money on the Senior Tour.

He will most likely miss the cut but now that he has made the decision to go he may be under less pressure and he could actually perform a bit better than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Fowler FRL at 33/1 just before his tee off time this morning. Hopefully can regain some of his form from last week and keep bogeys off the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

spieth fleetwood and noren for me

spieth frl and fleetw frl also

frl betting odds have kisner at evens and rooyen at 10s lol both have finished ffs

:rolleyes:
    Okay I reckon it's a tight call between this and Elon Musk calling the cave rescue guy a pedo for least good idea of July 2018...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I've done the following all e/w

Knox
    Stenson
    Willet
    Pieters
    Southgate

Few rounds done already so sorry not posted earlier.

Cantlay is running hot in R3, only on 4th hole, but three straight birdies from 51 into 29.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

montyrebel wrote: »

the british open?

Early in R4, but the Tiger sure has a chance (T3).

a few bob on pepperell at 20s just now skyb only 12s with 365

reckon I'll get a sweat out of it

• Advertisement

Fivers on Molinari and Noren outright, Knox top Euro, Southgate top GB&I, Clarke top Irish, all round 30/1.
    Get in frankie! Have cashed out just in case snowflake does something spectacular on the last two...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 howdido

howdido wrote: »
    I decided to go with Tiger
    Gone Large Rory E/W
    Small bet Tiger E/W
    Ended up OK but felt Tiger could have done it
    37689761_10212994915522687_1057072845470826496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1d0ac1a51e973b76f3292c5a63d53ea2&oe=5BE17114
    37740358_10212994914722667_3410518935731175424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=849d16a8305da6d1864f6307a260d378&oe=5BD5B117

montyrebel wrote: »

well done! no mean feat to pick the 1-2 in a major

I was on kisner at a very big price when -3 in round one, he had his chance.

molinari suprised me, so composed today and delighted for him and actually wanted him to win more than the picks I backed.

@howido, when tiger took the lead he looked so good when everyone else was choking more or less, wouldnt have touched him with a bargepole, happy to see you won on both though :)

have the oddschecker page open since last week

best odds on the top ten ew were

molinari 33/1
    kisner 250/1
    schauffele 110/1
    pepperell 175/1
    chappell 300/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Well just one bet for me.
    I hate to say it but it's the smiley ****er Kucher this week.

DJ isn't hanging around in the WGC, -6 on 8th of R4 (T4).
    from @41 into 26, but bit short with just 2pl.

Needless to say a good contender for the (10pl) USPGA @10.

No-one cares about the PGA? I suppose when it's not on telly...

I'm on Rory, Justin Thomas and Olesen outright, Tiger top American. Was going to do Rory and Justin anyway, but I had to add Tiger when I saw the three of them in a group, even though I wouldn't be surprised if he missed the cut...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope everyone is having good season in Golf Betting. Not lurked here this year.

Anyway bets for PGA

Dustin 9/1 Rickie 25/1 both win only

Finau 40/1, Bubba 50/1, Cantley 50/1 all ew

Frl Dustin 22/1 Leishman 60/1 ew

Gl all

Hard to see past Justin@15 as win only.
    1stRL Day was @23 8pl, but price since dropped.

Avoiding Tiger (possible signs of injury return), and Rory still on a good, but dry-ish spell.

Wilder cards for both Outright (10pl) and/or 1RL: Tony Finau.
    Sky only 8pl but better for Fleetwood@26, Simpson@56, Kuchar@67.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Hard to see past Justin@15 as win only.
    1stRL Day was @23 8pl, but price since dropped.

Avoiding Tiger (possible signs of injury return), and Rory still on a good, but dry-ish spell.

Wilder cards for both Outright (10pl) and/or 1RL: Tony Finau.
    Sky only 8pl but better for Fleetwood@26, Simpson@56, Kuchar@67.

Pp has a special 9/1 - dj, Rory or justin Thomas 1st rnd leader. I usually back outsiders for this market, but I think that's a nice price.

Advertisement