Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24/7 candidates for the next general election.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gardner wrote: »
    Matt Shanahan on WLR yesterday stating the same thing over and over again. little bit of a war cry more than anything else and now this morning an attack at Halligan and Butler on Facebook. i wouldn't be surprised if something is announced soon enough about candidates.SF wont be happy with this as they would be appealing to their voters who would be the less educated, influenced by popular rhetoric etc. etc.

thats a bit uncalled for in fairness, nobody has the right to say that about any voter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    thats a bit uncalled for in fairness, nobody has the right to say that about any voter

if you read the comments under the status i'm talking about my point is very much proved!

Gardner wrote:
    if you read the comments under the status i'm talking about my point is very much proved!

Please do explain? People should be allowed to vote for who they like, it is their vote, and their vote alone, out of respect, we should all respect each others preferences, even if we do not agree with their choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Gardner

with yesterdays announcement being a very positive step, i sat back last night and read the various Facebook pages. some notable points:

1. David Cullinane praised for "his work" on the issue while the main contributor and leading the campaign John Halligan was lambasted and abused!

2. the protest groups are simply never happy with any sort of progress. one person in particular from the protest group Des Griffin praised Cullinane and went on the attack against Halligan. He further went on to state that tendering and procurement should only take 6 weeks and construction should start by the end of August and should be finished within a matter of weeks. Is Des an expert in the whole tendering and procurement area and with his 'expertise' does he know of loopholes within the system to speed things up? does he **** like :D Is he a construction expert that knows the methodology in all forms of construction? :D As David Cullinane stated "people are been feed misinformed by ill informed people" and this is very dangerous.

3. Darren Skelton is a very poor journalist. he claims to well informed on the matter and patted himself on the back when he said he saw one of these labs..... a 3d graphic presentation. you couldn't make this **** up :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gardner wrote: »
    3. Darren Skelton is a very poor journalist. he claims to well informed on the matter and patted himself on the back when he said he saw one of these labs..... a 3d graphic presentation. you couldn't make this **** up :D

What are you basing this statement on, because I can’t think of another journalist locally who has reported on almost every single issue which arises in Waterford. Wasn’t it Darren who also broke the North Quays story as far back as March 2017?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

He's probably right. Sinn Fein are all bark and no bite.

He's probably right. Sinn Fein are all bark and no bite.

people should be allowed to vote for who they like, and not be lambasted for their choice, is that not what democracy actually is about? are all politicians 'all bark than bite', do any of them any real power?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

people should be allowed to vote for who they like, and not be lambasted for their choice, is that not what democracy actually is about?c

No it's only about the first part of what you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

With Matt Shanahan about to top the poll in the local elections, it looks likely that he would be in a strong position to get elected as a TD whenever that election is.

Personally he was in the wrong area for me to vote for him this time but I will certainly be voting for him in a general election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭twistables

Why?
    Have we not sent enough independents up to Dail Eireann only to be left disappointed and be the first to complain and winge when Waterford gets left behind.
    Time for strategic voting from the people of Waterford.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Really can’t see why he attracted so many votes, he won’t be able to do anything at council level and tbh, voting somebody in on a single issue as a TD would be a total waste of a vote imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Bards

Would they have enough votes to field 2 or 3 candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Matt was clever. Taking advantage of people’s ignorance. “A vote for me is a vote for the hospital”.

The rest of the candidates too their eyes off Matt while he hung his campaign on the only issue that people are talking about now.

Mortuary - 24/7 etc. Great timing for mr Shanahan.

Advertisement