Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So who's going to see the Pope?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭BliainanAir

If the priest was so incompetent why was he teaching prospective married people in the first place?

Have you never had an incompetent teacher who wasn't a priest and you wondered why he/she was in the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,718 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So will there be normal Sunday masses in places on the day he's in Phoenix Park or will they be postponed so every priest and nun in Ireland can go

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Have you never had an incompetent teacher who wasn't a priest and you wondered why he/she was in the job?

i can honestly say i have never had a teacher that did not know the basic facts of what they were teaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Whatever forum you're on big fella you're no intellect! Your comments are.. sad to be honest. Are you a grown man whipping up places for the papal visit to do exactly what?

See comments like this really do you no favours. You're trying to contain your desire to go full ret**d with the insults but a few are squeezing out almost like verbal diarrhoea.
    Any hoo off to enjoy the Sun after work may even get me a few more of them there free tickets. Take care y'all.

i can honestly say i have never had a teacher that did not know the basic facts of what they were teaching.

Yeah but your teachers weren't using a work of fiction from 2000 years ago as a basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Yeah but your teachers weren't using a work of fiction from 2000 years ago as a basis.

thats a fair point.

See comments like this really do you no favours. You're trying to contain your desire to go full ret**d with the insults but a few are squeezing out almost like verbal diarrhoea.
    Any hoo off to enjoy the Sun after work may even get me a few more of them there free tickets. Take care y'all.

Your above post is diarrhoea. Not worth arguing with a man child!

Your above post is diarrhoea. Not worth arguing with a man child!

I wasn't aware you were arguing, all I saw was veiled insult and unrestrained contempt for the opinions of others. Bigotry at it's clearest. Bye now.

Bigoted comments as expected. Big men like you rarely take on Islam but take the easy option of the Catholic Church. And behind a screen.

Again I don't know you, but if you have been abused you need counseling and anger management.

Hope you sort yourself out.

I wasn't aware you were arguing, all I saw was veiled insult and unrestrained contempt for the opinions of others. Bigotry at it's clearest. Bye now.

And what exactly is your ticket booking only all the above.

You are the anti Catholic. That's bigotry by definition. You do realise that?

Get the help you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Whether advice is considered either sage or bollocks really depends upon how relatable it is and how it's communicated. The orthopaedic surgeon for example who performed my hip replacement, to the best of my knowledge has never had a hip replacement himself, but it would be silly of me to suggest he couldn't possibly know what he's talking about and be far more familiar with the way it had previously affected me and he would also be far more familiar with the likely outcomes than I am, because he would be talking to far more patients about their conditions than I ever will.

That is without doubt one of the stupidest comparisons I've seen. Unlike the priest, who'll most likely make up a fake conversation he had with his parishioner about family life so he natter on some nonsense in his sermon, your surgeon has spent years studying and researching orthopaedics and would be an expert in his field.

Big men like you rarely take on Islam but take the easy option of the Catholic Church. And behind a screen.
    See the clipped part of your comment below. Answers your assumption better than I'm willing to.
    Again I don't know you,

Now I've had enough of your shall we say bigotry? Take care enjoy the mass if that's your thing and you get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If the place is half empty everyone will know it's down to childish behaviour by big guys like Hitman! Grow up!

That old tactic again - " if it all closes down it will be YOUR fault "

That tactic is often used by people who mentally and physically abuse women

and all the comical attempts at personal stuff :

Nice try little motorbike guy :)

Not worth arguing with a man child!

Whatever forum you're on big fella you're no intellect!

How many tickets did you book today and buses book big fella?

that dismissive tone of " your not worth it " is pathetic

Not worth arguing with a man child!

See the clipped part of your comment below. Answers your assumption better than I'm willing to.

Now I've had enough of your shall we say bigotry? Take care enjoy the mass if that's your thing and you get a ticket.

A bigot is someone who tries to stop another practising their religion. You are an intolerant, bigot. Trying to block people attending a mass. You can't dress it up any other way. A childish bigot with a lot of time on your hands.

gctest50 wrote: »
    That old tactic again - " if it all closes down it will be YOUR fault "

That tactic is often used by people who mentally and physically abuse women

and all the comical attempts at personal stuff :

This tactic of accusing others of abusing women is often used by weak people like you who try and goad people. Bye, bye, little Motor Bike Guy:D

A bigot is someone who tries to stop another practising their religion. You are an intolerant, bigot. Trying to block people attending a mass. You can't dress it up any other way. A childish bigot with a lot of time on your hands.

Put down the bible and grab a dictionary before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

Put down the bible and grab a dictionary before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

Maybe you try and read any book. You're an intolerant bigot who wants to stop people practising their religion.

I never said whether i was agnostic or atheistic or religious.

Good luck..and get help..

Maybe you try and read any book. You're an intolerant bigot who wants to stop people practising their religion.

See more idiocy on your behalf. I have not attempted to stop anyone practising there faith. Repeating a lie doesn't make if true. Even if a certain lad during your favourite war said it did.

I never said whether i was agnostic or atheistic or religious.

It's obvious what you are even if you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tenz

No, no donations solicited or wanted. Just got myself another 8 tickets using my friends email address. 12 empty seats and counting.

Wow. There’s only one thing worse than religious nutcases and that’s anti-religion nutcases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tenz wrote: »
    Wow. There’s only one thing worse than religious nutcases and that’s anti-religion nutcases.
    Right...

55708-47021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Not really interested in going to see the pope but am not a fan of this protest voting trying to block people who do want to go.

Its counter-productive and just divides people as Catholics are left feeling under attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Calhoun wrote: »
    Its counter-productive and just divides people as Catholics are left feeling under attack.

You mean we should attack them without them noticing?

Sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,651 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

That is without doubt one of the stupidest comparisons I've seen. Unlike the priest, who'll most likely make up a fake conversation he had with his parishioner about family life so he natter on some nonsense in his sermon, your surgeon has spent years studying and researching orthopaedics and would be an expert in his field.

It's not a stupid comparison at all. You'd have a point if priests sequestered themselves away like hermits in their cloisters, never experiencing anything of life outside the walls and remaining in solitude studying theology all day and night. But priests aren't like that. They're the complete opposite. My own priest when he first arrived in the parish he was surprised to be meeting me at mass, at the local GAA club, at rugby, at Scouts, at the local primary school, "Jesus Christ you're everywhere!" he said. "Hardly that incredible to believe Father, is it?" Fortunately he has a sense of humour :pac:

We've had many one-on-one conversations like that, and we've had many conversations where I've had no problem telling him he's talking bollocks. My point is that priests too can be experts, in many fields (and many have made great contributions to society and to their communities), not the least of which is the family, given that they actually interact with families on a daily basis and many will also have studied in various academic fields and travelled a fair bit in their lifetimes and observed other cultures and societies in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Calhoun wrote: »
    Not really interested in going to see the pope but am not a fan of this protest voting trying to block people who do want to go.

There is no shortage of tickets. I was just on the site, there are loads left. Anyone who wants one can get one. Let's stop this ****e that the naughty atheists are preventing Catholics seeing their pope, no one is being stopped, they can log on and book the tickets they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Many years ago now, I had to do a Catholic "pre-marriage course". The parts delivered by lay people were feeble, but they at least looked embarrassed to be giving them (rhythm method etc).

The bits delivered by the priest were actually hilarious. He tried to lecture us about household budgets, and was shocked when we corrected his many errors - he had absolutely no idea what a household budget would look like, unlike the many couples present, most of whom were "living in sin".

You didn't have to do anything, you're nothing but a hypocrite going for a catholic pre marriage course when you didn't believe in it.

I suppose you got married in a church as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You didn't have to do anything, you're nothing but a hypocrite going for a catholic pre marriage course when you didn't believe in it.

I suppose you got married in a church as well.

Not hypocrisy if he believes it's all a fairy tale though

Same as bringing your kid to Santa in a shopping centre

gctest50 wrote: »
    Not hypocrisy if he believes it's all a fairy tale though

Same as bringing your kid to Santa in a shopping centre

I'm sure he is well able to answer for himself without you becoming his spokesman but yes it is hypocrisy if he doesn't believe in it to go through with the church service.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You're not arguing because you're out of your depth.

Oh what will everyone in Europe think about the elderly Catholics in Donegal? Lol!

No: not out of my depth at all actually just don't want to go into you shallow end and just insult and label people with your name calling whilst not making any relevant or accurate points.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Right...

55708-47021.jpg

You sounded a bit militant yourself yesterday when you said "**** ordinary catholics"

Advertisement