Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Coach Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

€15 a week wouldn't be enough for day payment never mind the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

soundman45 wrote:
    Was chatting to a guy that worked for them and it seems they pay the drivers a price per trip completed so no extra for traffic delays and breakdowns. I'd say lads are queuing at the gates hoping to get a job with them.

Plenty of supply of drivers there, I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mrs O just rang me to say she just passed another one broken down on the M1 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I heard an ad today on kfm looking for drivers they said the salary was 32-50k per year

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

patrickc wrote: »
    I heard an ad today on kfm looking for drivers they said the salary was 32-50k per year

Like every transport firm Ull get the 32000 but no chance of the 50000 on legal hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

devnull wrote: »
    Just a heads up to say that there is a fairly decent fare hike on the way for the M7 service if you're buying on bus:
    http://www.dublincoach.ie/news.php#141

That's a mad fare increase (and notably nowhere to be seen on their social media pages) sneaky little feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AddyB

That's a mad fare increase (and notably nowhere to be seen on their social media pages) sneaky little feckers
    It's actually getting ridiculous now, they didn't even mention the increase from €10 to €12 ANYWHERE last time but THIS is insane, time to look for alternatives I guess because I'm not paying €30 just to ride to and from Dublin in the same ****ty service as I did for €10 just last year.
    And to think I was a loyal user for 3 years and now they start to get greedy as soon as they really start taking off with users.
    It's all the new mercs they've been buying up.

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

I created an account but never activated it then yeah, I came to boards to look for someone else who noticed the ridiculous price increase; why do you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

AddyB wrote: »
    It's actually getting ridiculous now, they didn't even mention the increase from €10 to €12 ANYWHERE last time but THIS is insane, time to look for alternatives I guess because I'm not paying €30 just to ride to and from Dublin in the same ****ty service as I did for €10 just last year.
    And to think I was a loyal user for 3 years and now they start to get greedy as soon as they really start taking off with users.
    It's all the new mercs they've been buying up.

to be fair, the new mercs were needed to replace some of the old crocks that they have. those have to be paid for somehow. i completely agree the rate of the fare increase is ridiculous though. hopefully the money will be put into renewing the fleet and building a better company.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

It's a majority of Tourismo's now, one king long(they've had this for ages, only one and it still drives the m7 route every now and then) and a handful of left over Setras.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i'd doubt it as well.

i don't know tbh.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Those King Long buses are incredible, I may have lost my wallet on it but I blame how comfortable and pretty the interior was for that :P
    I ended up getting my wallet back off of one of the drivers the following day so no harm done :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

AddyB wrote: »
    It's a majority of Tourismo's now, one king long(they've had this for ages, only one and it still drives the m7 route every now and then) and a handful of left over Setras.

Might be on the Limerick route, but there are plenty of Setras and even a couple of old Neoplan's still in service on the other routes at the moment.

Might be on the Limerick route, but there are plenty of Setras and even a couple of old Neoplan's still in service on the other routes at the moment.

Oh yeah, strictly speaking the m7 from limerick and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is that strictly the Limerick-Dublin route or does it include the services that pass through Limerick too?

The king long was new but it looks in sh1,te

Does be on Dundrum run sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Surely all the Neoplans are gone now and are no longer roadworthy. Most of them are dumped in various states of decay up the Knockmitten Lane. Shocking the way the council allow this

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Surely all the Neoplans are gone now and are no longer roadworthy. Most of them are dumped in various states of decay up the Knockmitten Lane. Shocking the way the council allow this

I can find photographic proof of at least two of them in service last month 04-KE-16116 & 04-KE-11340

I also saw 04 KE 11346 going around recently as well.

Few more of them still licensed on RTOL.ie also.

2009 I think?

2013 or 2014 I can't remember. It has led strip light all along the side and only one side works now and it's a tri axle

• Advertisement

Advertisement