Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Coach Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

I saw a Dublin Coach open top 161 Sprinter in Limerick at the weekend. It was in Darby O Gill livery.

I never saw an open top mini-bus before.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

mickmmc wrote: »
    I saw a Dublin Coach open top 161 Sprinter in Limerick at the weekend. It was in Darby O Gill livery.

I never saw an open top mini-bus before.

They've had it a while, normally on tours, it's not exactly a common version of a sprinter but there seems to be little that a sprinter can't be adapted into these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

Any truth to the rumour DC and cityscape have been bought by goahead? Since goahead won the tender for the Dublin-kildare route from bus eireann and the NTA something would have to give as the would be competing with themselves almost

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

alane20 wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumour DC and cityscape have been bought by goahead? Since goahead won the tender for the Dublin-kildare route from bus eireann and the NTA something would have to give as the would be competing with themselves almost
    that romour has been doing the rounds for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

What a spot to break down.....traffic snarl ups ensued.

IMG_0248.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I would like to see Flixbus as they seem like a good operator start up here perhaps they could buy out DC.

Drove up to Dublin today, and approaching Toughers Roundabout around 12h30, saw 2 coaches parked facing Newbridge and passengers changing from one to another, and the back hood open.

One can only assume that front one was broken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I passed 207 a 12 ke Setra today, the left hand side was really lopsided I thought it might be the camber in the road but it wasn't at all. For a bit from behind and in my rear view mirror it looked like the left hand side was not far off the ground at all. Crocked suspension I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

patrickc wrote: »
    I passed 207 a 12 ke Setra today, the left hand side was really lopsided I thought it might be the camber in the road but it wasn't at all. For a bit from behind and in my rear view mirror it looked like the left hand side was not far off the ground at all. Crocked suspension I'd imagine.

Might also be the air suspension on the kneel setting, unlikely but possible.

I couldn’t drive with it at that angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Might also be the air suspension on the kneel setting, unlikely but possible.

I couldn’t drive with it at that angle.

Kneel and ferry suspension settings do not allow for any vehicle to be driven with them active

*Except ferry raise / lower but only up to a max of 25kmh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That would be failed air suspension.

Shouldn't be driven.

Kneel and ferry suspension settings do not allow for any vehicle to be driven with them active

*Except ferry raise / lower but only up to a max of 25kmh

This is Dublin Coach where everything goes wrong though

That would be failed air suspension.

Shouldn't be driven.

Drivers are worse to drive them if it is broke

Drivers are worse to drive them if it is broke

I was thinking the same, If I was a driver I wouldn't take it out of the yard. I'd imagine passengers noticed it inside too.

patrickc wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, If I was a driver I wouldn't take it out of the yard. I'd imagine passengers noticed it inside too.

Yeah i'm a driver myself and it wouldn't be happening. let them issue the P45, they'd be up in front of a commission for unfair dismissal.

Even as a passenger you could see if there was an issue surely before boarding.

Extremely dangerous and would land driver in very hot water.

I don't get why anyone takes these types of risks as all it takes is some fool to walk out or brake too hard etc and be involved in a collision or whatever.

It's very serious to be honest and anyone that boarded that took a huge risk.

Suspension is a major part that keeps the bus on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if people see things like this they should report it. the authorities would have to investigate it surely.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

if people see things like this they should report it. the authorities would have to investigate it surely.

The RSA have prosecuted them, it’s getting nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I've got a feeling it's going to take DC to be involved in a serious accident before the NTA, AGS and the RSA start to take action against DC. The NTA need to do something about them continuing to renew their licence and then standing idly by is not good enough serious action needs to be taken to get their fleet up to scratch.

Saw another of their 'coaches' broken down last Thursday ( I think ) evening at J8 southbound on the N7....replacement coach parked behind it, and one of the drivers had to chaperone the cars exiting into the hard shoulder so the passengers could switch 'coaches'.

Luckily with the road works ongoing, nobody was exiting at speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Quackster wrote: »

You think you’ve seen it all, and then something like this happens!

Maybe the name of the thread should be changed to the Dublin Coach saga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Bus drives off with child in luggage hold with mother clinging to side of bus, it's reported to the NTA. NTA don't seem to care once the bus arrives on time then, they are keeping to the conditions of licence. NTA should be ashamed of themselves. That could have very easily been fatal, the women or child could have easily slipped under either the front or rear wheels.

NTA I think should hold themselves a little bit more accountable. Even if they can't investagate, there is nothing to stop them reporting it onto AGS/HSA.

Nta doesn't want to know about anything to be honest.

They are just another spin off to the department of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

salonfire wrote: »

“I leaned in to pull my luggage and before I knew what was happening the door of the baggage hold was coming down on me, there was no indication to alert me,” she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Shpud2 wrote: »

“I leaned in to pull my luggage and before I knew what was happening the door of the baggage hold was coming down on me, there was no indication to alert me,” she said.

The warning system not working that day perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is deflection. yes the bus eireann incident shouldn't have happened, but it did, and rightly it was dealt with. but it's irrelevant to this operator. incidents at other companies do not get this operator off from dealing with it's issues, and the fallout of incidents when they happen on it's services. bus eireann are not responsible for this operator's issues.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I saw a 10 Setra broken down on the M9 outside Kilkenny today, passengers transferred onto a different bus. there was some guys in a van looking at it, I came back the opposite way a few hours later and the bus was still there with hazards on, must of been waiting on Corcorans.

Equally on the M9 albeit in a pull in area there was a Bus Eireann scania getting checked by two guys in overalls I'm presuming broken down also.

• Advertisement

Feckers never switch their engines off at terminus's

Advertisement