Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,120 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

While it is boring, I never thought the yellow to be particularly glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've been in a good few airports in the last 12 months through business and leisure, and I definitely think DUB is a hell of a lot nicer than most airports!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭john boye

That new LH livery looks very like the Airbus house colours. I don't think it's particularly bad, just a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

john boye wrote: »
    That new LH livery looks very like the Airbus house colours. I don't think it's particularly bad, just a bit dull.

I quite like the LH yellow. It's a shame there's getting rid of it. I always associated that colour with Lufthansa, just like green with Aer Lingus and blue with KLM.

The yellow Ryanair used was horrible so I was pleased when they dropped that.

VG31 wrote: »
    I quite like the LH yellow. It's a shame there's getting rid of it. I always associated that colour with Lufthansa, just like green with Aer Lingus and blue with KLM.

The yellow Ryanair used was horrible so I was pleased when they dropped that.

For me, the way in which Ryanair used the yellow really cheapened the LH yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

ED E wrote: »

Didnt know virtual towers were a thing. Great example of high availability tech.

Shannon & Cork are equipped, and were controlled from Dublin at times as part of a trial of the technology in 2016.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/transport/389068-low-cost-carrier-ryanair-begins-first-flights-to-jordan

Ryanair's slow expansion into the ME continues, with 14 routes announced to Jordan! Didn't see it coming myself. Interestingly Aqaba, one of the destinations announced, is literally on the other side of the border with Eilat, where Ryanair began flying to recently enough too!

Still no flights to Turkey strangely enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Ryanair's slow expansion into the ME continues, with 14 routes announced to Jordan! Didn't see it coming myself.

I watched the first 20 minutes of a (terrible) movie called '13 hours' on Sunday, and theres a US army guy flying into Benghazi in Libya, and as the scene cuts to the plane approaching Benghazi, its a Ryanair bird!! :pac::pac::pac:

edit: it appears you can't screenshot a Netflix video!

I watched the first 20 minutes of a (terrible) movie called '13 hours' on Sunday, and theres a US army guy flying into Benghazi in Libya, and as the scene cuts to the plane approaching Benghazi, its a Ryanair bird!! :pac::pac::pac:

edit: it appears you can't screenshot a Netflix video!

Noticed that myself when I saw it! Any idea what airport it was?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

john boye wrote: »
    Noticed that myself when I saw it! Any idea what airport it was?

I don’t know, but it’s on Film4 at 9pm tonight if anyone wants to take a guess!

The scene is within the first 3-4 minutes of the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

3.31 ish in. On phone so can’t screenshot it. Give me a few on the computer and I’ll stick it up.

Edit: Here we are. See attached. Not embedding as it's a little wide.

The scene is within the first 3-4 minutes of the movie.

Handy really as it saves you sitting through the whole pile of tripe!

Apparently the interior of the plane shown was from an Air Afrique plane, just to add to the inaccuracies!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it very bad editing/CGI or is it actually a different cityscape entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Malta Luqa is the airport I think, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I was thinking it could possibly be Morocco somewhere, but can’t get Google street view to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Most of the filming was done in Malta. They filmed in Morocco for the street scenes mainly so I'd imagine it's the Luga airport in Malta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks like Malta alright

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Anybody in this thread know anyone currently studying at NFC in Weston? Just looking to get some opinions/info from those currently there. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi, some of you may have been interested in my EINN project for X-plane 11, well I released it yesterday and can be downloaded over here.

image.png

Full album of screenshots here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

https://leehamnews.com/2018/03/20/airbus-launches-the-longest-range-widebody-in-the-below-300-seat-market/#more-26650

This is quite impressive, 7,200nm now possible from an A339NEO, 8,150nm from a A338NEO.

For reference, the new Qantas LHR-PER route starting in a few days is 7,829 nautical miles

A330neo-histriic-range-increase.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

For anyone with an interest in engineering or architecture, a few pics of Beijing's vast new Daxing airport I came across earlier

147442295.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Zonda999 wrote: »
    https://leehamnews.com/2018/03/20/airbus-launches-the-longest-range-widebody-in-the-below-300-seat-market/#more-26650

This is quite impressive, 7,200nm now possible from an A339NEO, 8,150nm from a A338NEO.

For reference, the new Qantas LHR-PER route starting in a few days is 7,829 nautical miles........

I would be skeptical of those numbers. Airbus have still to prove the A321LR will reach its advertised range yet.

The A330neo at least has recent operational data from the 242t A330. I would expect airlines to use the extra payload for cargo/passengers rather than changing the deployment of their A330 fleet.

The PER-LHR also assumes a modern aircraft with higher humidity and lower cabin pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lovely displays from the PC9s earlier today looping from Marlay to Bray(?) at low alt.

Cork's runway Orientation changing from 35/17 to 34/16 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Im Back.

Who missed me after all this time?
    Have to say im glad to be back and missed half of you guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

andy_g wrote: »
    Im Back. :P

I hope for a bit longer than the last time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I hope for a bit longer than the last time :)

Ah cmon i left due to Big bout of depression and needed time away from boards.
    That being said its nice to be back :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have to fly Ryanair tomorrow, something I rarely do but needs must (no competition on route and connections are even worse)

Was wondering how I got a 'nice' seat on checking in - aisle near the front - and it seems I booked a Plus fare for some reason. Probably drunk when booking :pac: I was wondering how my fairly soft backpack would cope in the hold if they decided it wasn't under-seat sized (its fairly full this time, it has fitted in to even the under-wing bins on an Avro when emptier and squished) but now that isn't a concern at all :D

Advertisement