Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Daithon

suci2016 wrote: »

Anyone else hear anything further or sign?

Hi, as of 4pm my solicitor hadn't heard back from Byrne Wallace. what date had you received the contacts? Just wondering was it strict 28 days.

Do you think you're solicitor will be returning tomorrow ? as mine is not happy to do so until the final wording is confirmed and an issue with the title is clarified

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

Daithon wrote: »
    Hi, as of 4pm my solicitor hadn't heard back from Byrne Wallace. what date had you received the contacts? Just wondering was it strict 28 days.

Do you think you're solicitor will be returning tomorrow ? as mine is not happy to do so until the final wording is confirmed and an issue with the title is clarified

We had received contracts around the 7/8th last month. Few delays their side but the 28 days seems to have been bypassed.

With regards returning contracts tomorrow, white goods aren’t our priority in such a large financial decision so will know more tomorrow if our solicitor gives the green light or some sort of comfort in agreeing with the contract. As far as I’ve been advised where we are now with contracts there is very little movement so just a factor of whether you take the risk or not.

Will keep you posted of any further developments our side.

So the main issue is still the title of the land. Had anyone else's solicitor raised this and what was the response?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

So the main issue is still the title of the land. Had anyone else's solicitor raised this and what was the response?

Our solicitor didn't raise any issues regarding title of land. May I ask what the issue raised was please?

mikehene wrote: »
    Our solicitor didn't raise any issues regarding title of land. May I ask what the issue raised was please?

my understanding is that 'castlethorn' the company is not the registered owners of the land, but that the 3 named individuals (directors) are. Realistically it shouldn't be an issue as there must be an up to date agreement but their solicitor just won t provide it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

my understanding is that 'castlethorn' the company is not the registered owners of the land, but that the 3 named individuals (directors) are. Realistically it shouldn't be an issue as there must be an up to date agreement but their solicitor just won t provide it.

Ah right ok, strange they won't provide. Thanks very much!

mikehene wrote: »
    Ah right ok, strange they won't provide. Thanks very much!

No probs. it doesn't seem to be an issue right now for signing the contract, it's moreso when it comes to draw down the mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

No probs. it doesn't seem to be an issue right now for signing the contract, it's moreso when it comes to draw down the mortgage

If it helps, my take is if there's any issues, the bank won't let you draw down. And then the loan offer clause should kick in meaning at least you won't be left with something that can't be sold on.

elainers wrote: »
    If it helps, my take is if there's any issues, the bank won't let you draw down. And then the loan offer clause should kick in meaning at least you won't be left with something that can't be sold on.

True, but st the end of the day I want my house not a way out 😀

Happy Christmas everyone! Here's hoping next year we will be judging each other's lights in Rathborne Park :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

Does anyone have an idea of any progress has been made on site or was the marketing placement the only work completed? I was given June as a `move-in` date and I want to sell my current place before drawing down on this house, do people believe that June is now achievable

I was given June also, but personally I'm preparing for July or possibly even august (thinking of weather risk factor, snagging, etc). The plots off Pelletstown Ave (south side) seemed to have been stripped before Christmas and my understanding is foundation works are expected to start this week (today is a builders holiday so works resuming I'm assuming tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MeredithDub

Hello all,

I created a Facebook group for Rathborne Park residents. Please join the group for sharing and discussing all Rathborne Park - related topics.

My request is that you join the group only if you bought a house from Rathborne Park.

Please search for " Rathborne Park Residents " on Facebook.

Lots of activity on site today !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a523504

@daithon sarcasm ?? or is there actual activity, hard to believe

a523504 wrote: »
    @daithon sarcasm ?? or is there actual activity, hard to believe

Not sarcasm !

Not sarcasm !

That's encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Please search for " Rathborne Park Residents " on Facebook.

Can't find the the group?! Only one I can see is the bigger Rathborne and RCP group..

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Can't find the the group?! Only one I can see is the bigger Rathborne and RCP group..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1895435100770816/

Think this is it. found it hard to find too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

Just requested to Join the group, that was a great idea to set up.

Interesting to see phase 2 is for sale early 2018, potentially meaning show houses could be built in the next 2/3 months. Great for us to see the spec/finish of the house.

• Advertisement

nmeg wrote: »
    Just requested to Join the group, that was a great idea to set up.

Interesting to see phase 2 is for sale early 2018, potentially meaning show houses could be built in the next 2/3 months. Great for us to see the spec/finish of the house.

Might be worthwhile taking a look at the website for this one: http://www.graceparkwood.ie/. It's also Castlethorne albeit a higher finish to the houses. Some of their layouts are similar to ours and they have a 3D tour for certain house types.

The Elm seems to be roughly the same size and layout as House Type 1. Obviously bear in mind, you'll get concrete floors, no light fixtures or furniture when you move in so it'll be a tad different to a higher end, snazzily decorated show house. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

elainers wrote: »
    Might be worthwhile taking a look at the website for this one: http://www.graceparkwood.ie/. It's also Castlethorne albeit a higher finish to the houses. Some of their layouts are similar to ours and they have a 3D tour for certain house types.

The Elm seems to be roughly the same size and layout as House Type 1. Obviously bear in mind, you'll get concrete floors, no light fixtures or furniture when you move in so it'll be a tad different to a higher end, snazzily decorated show house. :o

I saw this and its pretty much the same finish as the Adamstown development 3 Bed Mid-Terrace house. The same kitchen and tiling, which could suggest the finish for these type of houses is very similar. I was told when in Adamstown, that Castlethorn developments generally keep the same finish throughout each house type, and the price is purely location. I suppose we will see what we get given soon.

nmeg wrote: »
    I saw this and its pretty much the same finish as the Adamstown development 3 Bed Mid-Terrace house. The same kitchen and tiling, which could suggest the finish for these type of houses is very similar. I was told when in Adamstown, that Castlethorn developments generally keep the same finish throughout each house type, and the price is purely location. I suppose we will see what we get given soon.

I'd agree with you based on viewing St. Helen's and Grace Park but the Grace Park brochure does call out choices of branded tiles, paint choices, oak staircases and wood kitchens, etc. which isn't in the Rathborne Park brochure. I don't want to set anyone up for disappointment if ours don't look as fancy when built! ;)

I chatted to Savills agent at the Grace park show houses and they were saying that Rathborne Park spec is in between Grace Park and St Helens

Have many others returned contracts and paid deposit yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

Hi,

I have posted some pics from the site progress on the Rathborne and RCP facebook group if someone is curious to see it :-)

They are moving fast now. It was a mess few weeks ago and today I saw 5 trucks working on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

suci2016 wrote: »
    We’ve been advised that in order to avail of white goods contracts have to be returned tomorrow, Thursday 21st and no further extension will be granted.

Our solicitor is waiting for the final amended wording but advised that they at a point where we will not be getting anything further on points queried as per the below points:

1. Conditions for loan approval are still very tight, 6 days.

2. NAMA release letter - the undertaking is weak on this but are advised they are currently issuing these quite quickly at present.

3. Nothing further to be added to the specification. We have asked to add the brochure to the contract as it has a little more detail but that’s about it on this point.

4. Their solicitor is awaiting clients instructions on wording relating to the potential of insolvency ie we would still need to pay for work done to the date the contractor became insolvent. Very unlikely in the current market.

Anyone else hear anything further or sign?

For the record we have been advised that the white goods include: electric hob, electric oven, integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer, washer/dryer.
    The 6 day condition for loan approval.. Could you explain what has to happen in this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Hi,

Could anybody let me know what was the price for the 4 bed detached house in the last release which was in September 2017.

Thanks in advance

toberlion wrote: »
    The 6 day condition for loan approval.. Could you explain what has to happen in this time?

Essentially you will have 6 days to draw down your mortgage from the date of completion. This means the banks valuation surveyor will need to inspect and measure the completed property and report back to the bank. This step doesn’t take long but the bank may not act as fast once in receipt of the report. So the 6 days is tight. However I have heard that this wasn’t an issue on other Castlethorn sites but it’s still a slight risk if it was to be enforced.

shaila wrote: »
    Hi,

Could anybody let me know what was the price for the 4 bed detached house in the last release which was in September 2017.

Thanks in advance

I believe they were going for between €410-€415,000 depending on placement on the estate.

• Advertisement

shaila wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance

what you been quoted for them now?

Advertisement