Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

BLACK STONE CHERRY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Dolans is a very intimate and excellent venue

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dolans is a very intimate and excellent venue

New Valley Wolves supporting too...I should probably think about tickets sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭cena

Well Dublin sell out. Would of loved if they came to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

cena wrote: »
    Well Dublin sell out. Would of loved if they came to Galway

yeah, it will, not straight away but it will

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Belfast being upgraded to a bigger venue supposedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

They headlined in Liverpool with Shinedown, Halestorm and Highly Suspect as support in the Carnival of Madness tour. I went to see Shinedown but I became a fan of Halestorm and BSC. Excellent gig. I have tickets for the Academy booked. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Never heard of these lads before I saw this thread. Sounds nice and chilled. Must look into grabbing some of their tunes...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Next bigger, I think would be the Mandela Hall, as The Odyssey Arena may feel a bit empty?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

27655325_10155150767915069_152295314012252700_n.jpg?oh=6cbe8e2b988ac15f5065a4f4894bdc9e&oe=5AECF817

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

New song, very ZZ Top-ish, I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^ That'll go down well live.

Album art & track-listing

M75502_1500.jpg?w=720&h=720&q=75

Bad Habit
    Burnin’
    New Kinda Feelin
    Carry Me On Down The Road
    My Last Breath
    Southern Fried Friday Night
    Dancin’ In The Rain (featuring Warren Haynes)
    Ain’t Nobody
    James Brown
    You Got The Blues
    I Need A Woman
    Get Me Over You
    Family Tree

Read somewhere that one of the guy's kids did backing vocals on one of the songs as well.

Not keen on the latest 2 offerings; like the Southern rock they always embed into a chunk of their songs but they seem to be going full on on all these so far instead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The last album was raw and rough around the edges, I didn't really warm to it at the time, put it on again last week and I find I'm warming to songs I initially felt indifferent to.

The one before that had some good tracks, but the obsession with weed irritated me, 'let's go and get high' features in half the songs, very lazy writing, Runaway is one of the best songs they've written though.

That song Burnin' is decent, looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

Caught a good chunk of the Rock Am Ring live stream; very good although it was a short set so in that regard kinda overcooked the tribute riffs and covers...roll on Wednesday well looking forward :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Was at Dolans Last night.

What a gig! Absolute monster performance!

IF you can get a ticket to go tonight do. They are incredible live.

Bought the new album on pledge music and liked it but not as much as some previous stuff, comes alive in concert though!

On way to Dublin now cracking day for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Any support? Stage times?

@NewValleyWolves - 8pm
    @BlkStoneCherry - 9pm

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it. However, I won’t be there until quarter past or half 8.

Actually BSC went on round 830, great gig odd though did their new stuff but gave the last two albums (Magic/Kentucky) only one track each. Deserve to be playing the bigger rooms but me'll be greedy with this :)

Was there any support, I arrived in after eight expecting a support band to be playing and was a bit surprised when the lads themselves came on at half eight.

Nice to hear Rain Wizard and Tired of the Rain, Blame it on the Boom Boom does nothing for me but people seemed happy to hear it, Hoochie Coochie Man was the highlight for me, that was brilliant.

Think they did more off the first album then the new album, I'm not mad on the new songs but they're decent live, I found those jams they were doing a bit boring and a f*cking drum solo but still good gig overall.

• Advertisement

Ya support band were on at half 7, times posted by the Academy were wrong I assume thats where poster above retrieved info, metal ireland forums and MCD showed 830 so ran with those to be safe.

Was a definite a number failed to be in on time as crowd noticeably filled up as 9 drew closer.

Blame it on the boom boom I'm one of those who soaks up that cheese :pac:

Tired of the Rain was indeed a nice surprise, not mad on the new stuff either but the title track is top class particularly the massive outro.

Ya support band were on at half 7, times posted by the Academy were wrong I assume thats where poster above retrieved info, metal ireland forums and MCD showed 830 so ran with those to be safe.

Yeah, I got the times from the academy’s Twitter.

I arrived just before 8.30 and was ordering a pint when BSC came on. I was a little surprised and hoped they were playing a longer gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How did people find the support band? Have seen them twice myself, always good to see local lads belt out some good songs with vigour. Couldn't make it to the limerick gig unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Saw them in Dolans last week and again at Download. Great band live.

Was probably my highlight of download after Ozzy.

Looks like there is 2 supports for the upcoming show (not long now) according to MCD website...

what time well it finish

cena wrote: »
    what time well it finish

Half 10 or 11 usually.

Times from Academy twitter...

Doors from 7
    7:30 Otis
    8:15 Kris Barras Band
    9:15 BSC

One hell of a rock concert last night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Sound quality at the start of the gig was utter ****e, thank god they sorted it!

Cracking gig!

• Advertisement

Sound quality at the start of the gig was utter ****e, thank god they sorted it!

Cracking gig!

Yeah and it was spot on for the 2 supports an all so was shocked was sorted for Blind Man I believe, Devils Queen was great to hear and actually thought the latest single was good despite not thinking much of it initially. Great show.

Advertisement