Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

BLACK STONE CHERRY

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Skipped them this time, looks like virtually the same setlist as last year, I like Devil's Queen but I'm happier I got to see them do Tired of the Rain last year, would love to see them unearth The Bitter End or The Key, I like My Last Breath, it's one of the few songs I like off the last album.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Those blues covers they put out there are deadly.

New album The Human Condition out on the 30th October, they put out a new song yesterday, the last album had a few decent songs, but wasn't a fan of the country-fied vibe, this seems more in line with their classic sound.

Haven given the new album two listens I would say it's better than Family Tree already, seems more in line with their earlier albums and the country-fied vibe is gone, nice raw production as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Quite liking the new album. Definitely get the less country vibe although I looked Family Tree, Kentucky was probably my least favourite album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Kentucky is also my least favourite album too. Was lukewarm to the direction in the last album all the same.

After 2 listens this seems a pretty good outing but perhaps doesn't have a song as strong as the stronger tracks of the last two say Way of the future or the Family tree title track.

Seems pretty front loaded with the best stuff at the start of the album some duds towards the end notably the ELO cover anyway.

Not familar with the original but I love this cover.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not familar with the original but I love this cover.

I love the original by Tracy Chapman, not fully sure on this version but I think it will grow on me.

They've been teasing new music on their social media.

Advertisement