Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Decay 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The state of

The state of decay 2

You must have been up all night coming up with that pun.

Well done Sir.

Really not enjoying this. Seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of looking for meds and food. Can't get a grasp on what to prioritise and what to ignore and on top of that the radio is going every 5 minutes with other survivors mooching food and meds.

Doesn;t seem to be much of a story at all like there was in the last game but I'm likely missing something here. I'm on day 7 and nothing really pops out at me that says this will move the game along :confused:

Oh one thing the game doesn't tell you that I only found out from a google is that if you park your car in the parking space which I didn't even see for the longest time you can just go to the boot and press RT to move the supplies to storage. You wish I'd know that a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I cant play the game (my xbox account was lost in the hotmail hack of 2010) so I am using the kids account(dont have xbox anymore) for Forza GOW on windows and MSFT dont want to give me back kdjac account on xbox, trying for years to no avail.

Anyway I am on the technical beta test for SOD and this puzzles the fcuk out of me, the beta started last weekend the day the game came out for Deluxe?. I received this email a few minutes ago.....

Why are the still having a technical beta test for a game that is released ?:confused:
    Hello State of Decay 2 Insiders!

We've received a ton of helpful feedback from you, and are ready to test a new patch for the game in our Technical Beta/Public Test Realm. This patch should go live for PC Public Test Realm participants today, but to ensure you have the latest version please check for updates to the game in the Windows Store by selecting “Show in Store” in the Xbox Insider Hub app.

We would love it if you could get in some gameplay this weekend to test out the new patch. The more you test the sooner we can release this to all of the players enjoying State of Decay 2 now!

Please note that cross-play between Xbox One and Windows 10 will not work until the Xbox One version of the game is released next week.

If you do run into any issues with the game, please check out the State of Decay Support and Recent Support/Troubleshooting pages for common fixes. If you don’t see your issue there, you can also utilize the Public Test Realm Support forum to see if it has been posted there. If you do find a new issue, please file a bug on the forum, or reach out to us at SoD2beta@microsoft.com.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it not just a test server like overwatch and pubg have?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it not just a test server like overwatch and pubg have?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Really not enjoying this. Seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of looking for meds and food. Can't get a grasp on what to prioritise and what to ignore and on top of that the radio is going every 5 minutes with other survivors mooching food and meds.

Doesn;t seem to be much of a story at all like there was in the last game but I'm likely missing something here. I'm on day 7 and nothing really pops out at me that says this will move the game along :confused:

Oh one thing the game doesn't tell you that I only found out from a google is that if you park your car in the parking space which I didn't even see for the longest time you can just go to the boot and press RT to move the supplies to storage. You wish I'd know that a few hours ago.
    Have you been building your base and increasing the storage capacity?
    You lose at lot of supplies if there isn't adequate storage which lead to running around constantly looking for supplies.

How many survivors are there in your community?

How many additional outposts do you own?
    You can buy outposts that supply food or meds or extra beds to your community.

If you have a kitchen you can ration your food supplies. It comes with a morale deduction but it's better than them starving.

Gone as far as I can with the base upgrades I think and 8 people in it. Have outposts but can't work out how to abandon them and set up a new one for meds and food.

I either need power or water and certain skill to get to level 3 on some of the upgrades.

Gone as far as I can with the base upgrades I think and 8 people in it. Have outposts but can't work out how to abandon them and set up a new one for meds and food.

I either need power or water and certain skill to get to level 3 on some of the upgrades.

To remove an outpost open your base overview screen and go over to the outpost icons on the far right of the screen. You can abandon them by hovering over each one and a button prompt at the bottom of the screen should allow you to abandon them.

I am 22 days in with 6 survivors.

Today is moving day lol. I have acquired a nice base from a group of 3 allies I assisted over the course of a few tasks. I have brought them into situations that resulted in their death one by one so I can claim their base which I did last night upon the death of Sarah who I lead into an infestation while I sat back and let nature take its course. *evil laugh.

Now I have to settle into the new base.

*edit: if you are having an issue with supplies consider removing a survivor so less supplies are consumed. A hard decision, I know but if you have 1 character even that isn't doing much send them on their way or to meet their maker lol

I'm beginning to think having less of them might be more. Better to weed out ones with skills I don't need maybe. Looking to move also but 2000 off being able to. Noticed the comms has an influence boost, wish I'd seen that earlier.

Is doing the characters legacy quest the way to push on?

• Advertisement

Is doing the characters legacy quest the way to push on?
    I believe so.

Mr.S wrote: »
    My 2 main grips with the game is the very, very buggy co-op and how dark (I know!) / long night time is.

Co-op is a disaster. I hope that is the priority of the devs to address.

I am currently installing solar in my base to at least keep my base well lit at night time.

I randomly looted a mod that is used to upgrade storage for water not sure how that works yet. I also think you can set up an outpost on a water tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was enjoying it and getting used to the differences in game play from the first. Now getting a fair bit of glitching. Started with a few zombies being half invisible. Then dead zombies showing as massive long spikes. Now when I search a box or something and the menu pops up to show me what in it there's no pictures, just grey boxes. The description shows when I move to it and I can put them in my backpack (also showing as grey boxes).

Edit. Fixed itself now. Game hung with the loading icon when I moved to a different area while walking. Hung so long I turned it off, but only reset when I changed games then back again soit fully reloaded the game, then everything was back working properly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just moved from my first homebase in the NE corner of the map to the Church on the Hill base. Really wishing I hadn't, though. The place is a zombie magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I moved to the rail bridge.

Not sure about it. Fairly limited for space. Pity though cos it's a nice spot.

Yeah co-op is borderline unplayable at times, especially when driving two separate cars. Still fun though. Oh another grip is driving off-road and getting stuck on rocks!

How do you activate the solar power at night time? I have the solar power mod installed, but, it doesn't seem to do anything!

Also...how does on find water for your base? My little Sims are starting to give out!

I didn't end up going solar. I found a nearby power station very close to my base so I claimed it and it now powers my base at a cost of 2 fuel per day.

When I was going solar I originally had a large slot in the base to install panels that would power the entire base. I think if you use the solar mod by itself at a station it will only provide power to that station. I haven't tried that so I can't say how that works.

Just moved from my first homebase in the NE corner of the map to the Church on the Hill base. Really wishing I hadn't, though. The place is a zombie magnet.

You can always move. All the spent resources are refunded to you when you destroy each station or if you have enough influence just buy the next base and all the stations will be destroyed and refunded.

I find when you first move base attacks are frequent due to the noise of building your new stations. The threat eventually reduces as the work is completed. Have a look at the threat level in the base screen. It's in the column on the left. If everything is built and the threat level is still high consider building a watch tower or removing a station that is making too much noise.

I moved to the rail bridge.

Not sure about it. Fairly limited for space. Pity though cos it's a nice spot.

Apparently there are 4 maps. It's random which one you start on.

When you upgrade your operations center you can do a radio transmission that shows each of the exit points of the map that lead you into a new territory (map)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't gone to this at all after a week,At what point does the story progress after you get your first base?

• Advertisement

Same here but those stopped for me after my Sheriff got killed. It's not at all like the last game in terms of the story and other factions it's just random enclaves from what I can tell and the legacy stuff for specific group members.

I've started just calling in for plague hearts in the hope something might happen.

Overall it feels like the world is finished but the game isn't. Radio messages from moochers every few minutes is getting old.

Not really feeling this, it's grand for what it is but alongside Sea of Thieves just feels like further proof that Xbox One exclusive means middle of the road.

Is there a way to “forget” a skill a character has? I need to learn a new skill to upgrade my base (and have the books needed to do so) but all my characters have no remaining skill slots.

Or do you just recruit people with free slots / find people with the skill you need?

LOL no. You could hit them over the head but results may vary.

Once a survivor has a 5th skill they cannot discard it in favor of a new skill. So what you'll need is a survivor with the skill you need or a survivor with no 5th skill so they can pick up the book you have with the skill you want.

Time for a recruitment drive. Answer the calls of survivors who need help and see if you can find one.

Same here but those stopped for me after my Sheriff got killed. It's not at all like the last game in terms of the story and other factions it's just random enclaves from what I can tell and the legacy stuff for specific group members.

I've started just calling in for plague hearts in the hope something might happen.

Overall it feels like the world is finished but the game isn't. Radio messages from moochers every few minutes is getting old.

The main story tends to prompt you on screen to do certain actions. Usually top left side of the screen.
    These have been things like
    - build a base.
    - clear infestations.
    - destroy all the towns plague hearts.
    - expand, build a bigger base.

Then other campaign missions seem to be spread out amongst the survivors you have. For instance you'll switch to a different survivor and you might see they have a mission to do.

Many times these survivors will pass you by while you are playing as another survivor and they'll hint at a mission they have. One example is my survivor Caleb. As I would pass by him in the HQ he'd keep talking about his aunt who is a survivalist and said we should check out where she lives. I then switched to Caleb and the mission was listed in the top left corner of the screen.

I had to do all the plague hearts to push it on, had the sheriff do some driving to rally the towns folk who give me some ammo then respond to an emergency that gave me 15 minutes to make my way to and kill a whole 2 bad guys. Then the epic finale to take out
    the skullcrushers
    which involved parking myself up a billboard and
    headshotting one guy on the roof , the boss??? and one lad downstairs in the warehouse

This is a train wreck of a game. Given what they had to build on and how long they had they seem to have made some crazy design decisions in this almost everything was better in the first game.

Just finished my first map last night but won't be bothering with the rest. Microsoft need to have a word with themselves. Their quality of output when it comes to games has gone off a cliff.

Just finished my first map last night but won't be bothering with the rest. Microsoft need to have a word with themselves. Their quality of output when it comes to games has gone off a cliff.
    Its not a Microsoft game.

Its an indie game made by Undead labs and published by Microsoft.

I had to do all the plague hearts to push it on, had the sheriff do some driving to rally the towns folk who give me some ammo then respond to an emergency that gave me 15 minutes to make my way to and kill a whole 2 bad guys. Then the epic finale to take out
    the skullcrushers
    which involved parking myself up a billboard and
    headshotting one guy on the roof , the boss??? and one lad downstairs in the warehouse
    There was a great opportunity there to finish with a community vs community brawl but sadly not.

That doesn't make them any less culpable for releasing this garbage.

They should have been holding Undead, and Rare for that matter, to higher standards. Both Decay and Thieves are smoking craters in the ground.

• Advertisement

That's like saying that Demon Souls isn't a Sony game.

For all intents and purposes State of Decay 2 is a MS game, do you think that they were not involved in funding development and hands off till the game was delivered to them?

Advertisement