Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Decay 2

Options
124»

Comments

Have you bumped into any groups of survivors yet who are just out looting and they shoot at you on sight? It's very funny. In co-op we were sitting in a car talking about what's next when suddenly shots are bouncing off the car and we are like "WTF is going on" nothing on the mini map and then we spot them and get out a gun them down. I have had a few of those. Quite funny.

I have 4,789 zombies killed. First playthrough was sheriff and now I am working on trader. I am getting supplies daily from the first community so supplies are plentiful this time round. Food in particular.

How does that work? I save scummed my 4 runs. SO likely missed out there.

Very easy to find. Post history, sort by Xbox and usually one of the first things new posters do on the platform forums is share their gamertag with fellow boardsie.

FYI for anyone adding me, that is a secondary gamertag I use for when friends are over and need a gamertag on the console to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

How does that work? I save scummed my 4 runs. SO likely missed out there.

It was a perk I got for starting the 2nd community with 3 survivors from my first community. I think it's a random bonus roll. I might be mistaken. Or was I given a choice. I can't recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

It was a perk I got for starting the 2nd community with 3 survivors from my first community. I think it's a random bonus roll. I might be mistaken. Or was I given a choice. I can't recall.

Depending on who the leader is of your finished community (Sheriff, trader, builder, warlord) will depend on the one boon you can carry over.

You can't pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Its a pretty dull game imo. Any game that has a patch as big as the actual game is off to a bad start but even still I can not get into it. I played the first and figured I'd give this a shot. Not worth the 30 euro. Wait for sale if your on the fence.

• Advertisement

Lost two good lads last night, *wipes tears. One of which was my community leader and the other was there since the start. Both survivors lasted 82 hours played across 2 communities.

We attacked a plague heart, nothing out of the usual but it was in a laundry with very little room to move. During the attack both lads got over whelmed with the vast amount of plague zombies attacking. It was over quickly, exhausted and unable to change the mag in their guns both lads were torn apart.

So long Caleb & Adam :(

candle-animated-gif-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AndrewTW

Got this on game pass massive fan of the first game so going to give it a try tomorrow after work.

Actually came back to this during the week as I wanted to finish off the last achievement. Got everything else bar killing 10k zombies.

Patches have improved this game a bit still has some issues but if you have yet to start this and the game puts you in the plateau map start over.

I'm playing on Cascade Hills now and the difference is night and day in terms of the distances you have to drive and the over all layout of the world. Much better map and I'm actually doing the game loop properly this time and answering all the moochers calls. They are actually worth it, some serious pay offs in terms of off site material storage, supply drops etc. and once you do them and have say 3 enclaves allied the calls stop and you're not plagued by them.

I still think the game is a very hallow experience over all and the combat is terrible but I've warmed to it a lot more and am more positive about it.

EDIT: Actually the radio chatter I heard this map, from red talon and the network made far more sense to the narrative than the nonsense I got on the other map.

Lost two good lads last night, *wipes tears. One of which was my community leader and the other was there since the start. Both survivors lasted 82 hours played across 2 communities.

We attacked a plague heart, nothing out of the usual but it was in a laundry with very little room to move. During the attack both lads got over whelmed with the vast amount of plague zombies attacking. It was over quickly, exhausted and unable to change the mag in their guns both lads were torn apart.

So long Caleb & Adam :(

candle-animated-gif-1.gif

82 hours and you're still being mobbed doing plague hearts????? Few laps in the car sounding the horn to kill what ever Z's are there then in you go and 3 nades and half an assault rifle clip. Dead before any get to you. Quicker if you have fire packs.

82 hours and you're still being mobbed doing plague hearts????? Few laps in the car sounding the horn to kill what ever Z's are there then in you go and 3 nades and half an assault rifle clip. Dead before any get to you. Quicker if you have fire packs.

I like the soda can bombs and AA shotgun. If you can get a bit of room its gone in seconds.

I have had 2 where I lost survivors due to the crappy location of the plague heart. Usually a small room making it difficult to lob in an explosive without being on top of it and then some zombie swipes at you mid shot.

Each plague heart gets more intense has you progress through them.

• Advertisement

This game has piqued my interest I have to say. Reviews would put you off but the majority of bad reviews are based on bugs which I understand have been fixed at this stage. It should be a lesson learnt to never release a game until it's ready! Play anywhere is a huge plus for me.

Anyways, Game Pass has given me a dilemma - which game to play. I've spent so much time thinking about it an not actually gotten around to paly anything :-D

I've been back to it over the last week and it's definitely in better shape. I think a large part of what I didn't like about the game stemmed from me playing on the Druker County map (plateau selection after tutorial) I'd advise anyone starting out to avoid it it's a giant pain to navigate.

I got to a point in my current play where I can store massive amounts of materials and supplies, so no need to worry. Got really lucky with enclave perks mostly being off site storage, and getting two characters with the driver perk means I really don't have to worry about fuel and damage to cars either and I've an autoshop too.

My criticism of stuff like the enclave quests, the rubbish story and the shallow combat remain though.

Only need another 1800 zombies dead for the last achievement.

Finally got to sit down and play after the mega 2.0 update.

The difference is incredible and finally there is an option to turn off the horrible motion blur.

First thoughts are that the FPS is way up and the aiming feels fantastic. I had to go back into settings and lower my controller sensitivity since I had initially upped it at launch to smooth over the aiming a bit.

I have played it on my OG Xbox One thus far. I'll try the Xbox One X in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Downloaded from season pass last night

Firstly..... I choose the base at the foot of the hills. We arrived at the car park, walked to area of tents and lots of supplies

However, I can’t pick up a single thing due to lack of room

Where and how can I offload items to then pick up the additional ones?

Where is the base?

Granted, this is very basic question but I’m struggling to find where and how to do this

Thanks

When you set up a base park your car in the parking spot and you can move stuff with RT to storage, or you can manually hoof it in to the supply locker on foot, if you have a follower you can switch to them and load them up too. You can also access storage from any outposts you have so it's worth bearing in mind not only the type of outpost you establish but it's location aswell for handy access to storage and saving you driving the whole way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Loving the game so far, but there's massive room for improvement from the dev's.

Difficulty
    It really needs an overhaul. Once you get out of the sub 3,000 influence point bases, it's easy street from there, as you've built up a large stockpile.

Moving to a new town is great, and keeps the game fresh, but the difficulty should increase either every 10 days or when you move to a new town. The only downside to moving is the time factor to find a new base and set it up, which can take less than 1 hour, and the loss of vehicles.

More bloaters, ferals, juggernauts per town change.
    Bigger hordes. Faster, stronger zombies.

Base building

After a while, the built in bases become boring. It would be great to be able to really build your own base from scratch. Perhaps it's something that could be worked up to, say after 50 days survival, you move to a new town, with an option to build your own base layout.

Vehicle customization.

Auto-shop should give you the chance to build and customize your own vehicles. Scrapping current vehicles gives you parts, break them down and build your own.

Looting.

With no penalty for making and abandoning outposts, it's easy to jump around the map and completely strip out everything quickly.
    There should be more depth in what you choose as an outpost, when you can remove/abandon them and the cost involved.

Other things to change

Remove option to withdraw backpacks from anywhere. It's too easy to run out of fuel, get out of the car, open base screen, open storage, withdraw fuel backpack, break it open and boom. you have fuel....

Guns are too OP. Bigger, faster deadlier hordes could easily fix this, and add a sense of realism to using guns.

That's my 2 cents.

But loving the game :) on day 35 and 4th town move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

It’s ok ..... just

Seems more like the sims with the added bit with zombies

Zombies seem incredibly easy to kill and pose little to zero threat

Will play a little more but I think after 5 hours there isn’t much else to do that’s not more of the same

Oh and I hate the nighttime , too dark

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tried this today with XGP and its interesting, still fecking about in my 1st town but havent seen any bugs and there is a DLC out ? Heartland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tried this today with XGP and its interesting, still fecking about in my 1st town but havent seen any bugs and there is a DLC out ? Heartland?

It was a mess at launch, but Devs worked hard to fix stuff and listened to community.
    I personally never played first one, but thanks to game pass I gave this one a go and felt in love. It's fantastic game. Since then they added two more difficulty levels which is very welcome as base difficulty is a bit too easy.
    Then they released Heartland dlc, which is story based map from first game. Due to too many games I haven't played dlc much, but it was really good.

It was a mess at launch, but Devs worked hard to fix stuff and listened to community.
    I personally never played first one, but thanks to game pass I gave this one a go and felt in love. It's fantastic game. Since then they added two more difficulty levels which is very welcome as base difficulty is a bit too easy.
    Then they released Heartland dlc, which is story based map from first game. Due to too many games I haven't played dlc much, but it was really good.

Was on my list but price and other games pushed it out, I have 4 months and 3 weeks and 4 days to play more of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was on my list but price and other games pushed it out, I have 4 months and 3 weeks and 4 days to play more of it.

I have about 2.5 years to play it. God bless that E3 ultimate deal for 1eu. :D
    Seriously though, give it a proper go, fantastic game of you want something like Walking Dead community simulator, before it went to ****.

I have about 2.5 years to play it. God bless that E3 ultimate deal for 1eu. :D
    Seriously though, give it a proper go, fantastic game of you want something like Walking Dead community simulator, before it went to ****.

Convinced a few others to play it so I can drop into their bases and help and not have to deal with the **** I have :D Seriously KAREN **** off!!!!

If 7 Days to Die ever got this narrative and umm working functions it could be amazing.

Ive just dipped into this on Game Pass. I believe the Juggetnaught edition has some good improvements, seems im getting into this at a good time. Very enjoyable so far I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

New update for this on 1st Sep

This game is on gamepass and I'd highly recommend giving it a go. If you like zombie killing and open world survival, it's one of the best.

State of decay 3 is in development and Microsoft are putting a lot of resources into it.

Advertisement